“Paradise on Palm Beach”

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from staying a week at this property. This was my 5th time staying at this property and 20th time in Aruba. Awesome Property. Stayed in the Tower Section on the 9th floor. Beautiful view, nice accomadations. I feel that they have the best beach/pool area on Palm Beach. Easy check-in and check-out. Friendly staff. Excellent maid service. I highly recommend this property. Daily Happy Hour at main pool area from 4 - 6 p.m. While this is a time share property, you don't have to be a time share member to stay at the property - assuming there is availability. I booked air/hotel on Travelocity. You can also book directly through the property's website.

Room Tip: I prefer the Tower Section - 8th floor or higher - facing towards the "Hotel Zone", as opp...
5  Thank Joyce O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,816)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I can truly say that this resort deserves all the praise and more that it has received - the rooms were beautiful - we stayed in a 2 bedroom penthouse suite which was awesome for our family - we had plenty of room for the 3 kids and it was spacious and had everything we needed. The room was clean, modern and super functional for the family. Also don't listen to anyone about the weather in Aruba - we went Oct 6-13 and it called for rain 4/7 days and it was 32 degrees and sunny everyday with a beautiful breeze. The hotel had it all - great swimming pool, kids pool, beautiful beach - we had a package which included breakfast as well which was always good. The entire resort goes out of their way to make sure you are happy and i have to say it was a perfect family vacation for us - i would recommend to anyone looking to go to Aruba with kids as there is likely no better place if you want lots of space and stay at one of the smaller resorts...the food was a little slower than what you would like and there are certainly hotels on the beach that are higher end and a little nice but overall you are getting a ton for your money at Divi and i would certainly come again and recommend it to others for sure - the only real con was my daughters crib was not the most comfortable and a little small but i also didn't expect to have a crib that i had at home

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank jeff_s131722
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at the Divi Phoenix last week and had a wonderful experience. The facility was nice, rooms were spacious and staff was friendly. The best part of the trip was the beautiful beach and easy access to it. Every day we sat at the beach and were able to take in the perfect blue ocean and clean white sand. I would highly recommend this timeshare to anyone going to Aruba. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Heather B
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last weekend, and it was awsome, the location is in one the best beaches in Aruba, the food is delicious and they have happy hour with a live band on the weekend. I was in one of the penthouses, it has everything you need and is very spacious.your have great pool areas and the beach just in front. I think it was Excellent, I would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Even if it cost a little bit more, choose a beachfront room... waking up with that view is priceless...
3  Thank anacure
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We travel a lot and are pretty easy to please, however when we checked into our 1 bd unit in the Divi Phoenix Beach Towers it smelled horrible like mold & mildew. We contacted the front desk to relocate us to another room and they only had a ground floor available which was unacceptable. They promised to send a dehumidifier, however that took over 24 hours to get delivered. Then the toilet wasn't working and the washer & dryer was broken. These are things you don't want to deal with on vacation and the staff made it worse by being unresponsive. It took 48 hours to send someone to fix the toilet and the washer/dryer. The food wasn't great and the service was worse. It appears like everyone hates their job @ the Divi and that is reflected in the way they treat you. We found the majority of the staff were lacking knowledge of the area and acted as if you were bothering them when you asked a question. We are planning to stay elsewhere on our next visit to Aruba.

Room Tip: Stay @ the Marriott Surfclub - you get what you pay for
2  Thank Carol B
DiviResorts, General Manager at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Having reviewed your commentary on your recent stay with us, we’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for notifying us of your observations. As a resort dedicated to providing superior customer service, we continually strive to best serve our customers during their stay with us. When our efforts fail to meet expectations, it is important that the matter to be brought to our attention so that it can be corrected as soon as possible.

Our efforts in regard to staff training have proven fruitful, as evidenced by the glowing remarks rendered within this site and we appreciate the accolades placed onto our staff and others on the property. Of course, there are those that require a bit more intensive training, and the observations made by our guests and patrons will allow us to continue reinforcing the basic aspects of Customer Service to those who’re most in need.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that you experienced while with us and despite not being pleased with our resort, we do hope that the remainder of your stay on island was pleasant enough and that you were able to return home with favorable memories of your stay on Aruba.

Marc Nooren

Reviewed October 1, 2012

WARNING: This is a long review...

Just spent the week of September 22-29, 2012 with my husband and 2 adult children at the Phoenix. The reviews are not totally accurate. We believe the Phoenix is much better than described.

We booked the 2 bedroom penthouse in the new tower which is on the 7th and 8th floor, room 870. I knew what to expect since I booked the vaca and did my homework beforehand but my family was totally blown away when we arrived at our room. It offered 1200+sf of space which included 2 large bedrooms with 3 full bathrooms and 2 living room area's, dining area and full kitchen. We had 2 balconies with the most amazing view of the pool and beach and spectacular sunsets. The master bedroom, ensuite and 2nd living room and 1 balcony was on the 2nd floor which gave us some privacy. We also had 4 large flat screen tv's, not that we watched much tv. A/C worked perfectly.

I have to say my biggest complaint about the reviews is when everyone talks about the slow service. And some reviewers saying the staff are not as friendly as they could be. False, False, False! We couldn't have had better service. All the staff engaged us in conversation and always asked if we were enjoying ourselves and always had a huge smile. They would stop us all the time and shake our hands and were so pleasant. If you smile and are friendly it will more than be returned. Just relax and enjoy. The swim up bar was hopping during happy hour. There were always 2 or 3 bartenders. They worked hard and as fast as possible. Everyone needs to lighten up. A special thank you goes out to Carlos, Raphael and Jude for making our vaca so amazing.

The beach was perfect. There was never a problem getting a palapa and it wasn't over crowded like all the other hotels which I appreciated very much.

We walked the beach daily checking out the other hotels and at times I thought they looked more lush than ours and a little more upscale. The negative side of most of the hotels is you may not get a room on the right side of the hotel for sunset views which is a huge negative for me. Some hotels have juliette balconies so you have to upgrade to a larger room to ensure you have a usable balcony. Many of the hotels shut down the exterior of the hotel beachside at 7 pm when it's dark. So the bars and pools are closed. I guess you could swim in the dark. We walked by most hotels at night and they were deserted. It was a little depressing to look at. At the Phoenix the pools stay lit all night with beautiful colours. The swim up bar and Pure Beach was open till midnight and many nights we would see people swimming and at the bar. There was different forms of entertainment some of the eveings.

Unfortunately one restaurant was closed for renovations. (We were never told when we booked our vaca) It's located at the far end of the resort. It didn't impact our stay at all. Chances are we may have only eaten there once as we wanted to try many other restaurants. We enjoyed Gianni's & Texas de Brazil. We tried the italian restaurant at the Westin (I think it was called Baci) but I didn't like it although the service was excellent. We also tried Amore Mio next to Gianni's for Italian style pizza but the toppings were a little too exotic for my son and husband. My son loves pizza but couldn't eat his. Pure Beach was great for snacks and lunch. We liked everything we had and the service again was great. We had the breakfast buffet at Pure Beach 3 mornings, The buffet was always the same but we liked everything offered. It was about $18 pp. The tax is only 1.52%

Service charges of 15% or 17% was usually added to the bill. You must read your bill. Some smaller restaurants don't add the service charge at all. If the service was good we always added an additional 10% tip. We always found the service to be excellent and warranted an additonal tip. This could be why we had great service at our hotel bar and restaurant.

We did 2 excursions, one was a deep sea fishing charter which was excellent. We booked Hatts Off charter for a 4 hour trip. We caught 7 Mahi Mahi which the captain cleaned and filleted right on the dock and took us over to a restuarant where they prepared it for us. It was amazing and something we'll never forget. We also booked a horse back riding tour through Rancho La Ponderosa. This was another excellent tour. The horses were so well trained. Even the most beginner of riders could participate. We all loved it so much. The 3 tour guides were a real pleasure. They know their stuff.

I could keep going with this review but I think I've given you the highlights that I hope will help with your decision on where to stay. I will definatley stay no question at the Divi Phoenix in the new towers again because of the room sizes, all balconies with sunset views and the pool and bar staying open all evening. It really was perfect for us.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom penthouse is 1200+ sf and the 1 bedroom suite is 984 sf. The higher the floor the bet...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank 2,667
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a one bedroom/2 bathroom unit on the 4th floor over looking the pools and beach. Had coffee every morning on the balcony, and the toughest decision all week was pool or beach first
Had lunch at the swim up bar twice, which was fun. The bartenders were fun, and kept every one happy! We never had a problem getting a pool chair or beach hut the whole week we were there. The beach is beautiful and not crowded. We took many walks down to the other end of the high rises and the beaches seemed congested there. I love the Phoenix because of its
location and because it was so quiet. We either walked to the casinos and restaurants or took the public bus for $1.30. We ate at Gianni's across from the Hyatt and our waiter Michael was fantastic! He was so friendly and so very patient with these two women who were sitting behind us but were in the wrong restaurant and barely spoke English. He never stopped smiling. The food was excellent, and the violinist was great. It was a great night!
We exchanged our timeshare to stay at the Divi Phoenix and I can't wait to go back. Bed was super comfortable, two big walk in showers, (water could have been hotter) nice jacuzzi tub and a well stocked kitchen. It was a fantastic vacation!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 943. Beautiful view of the sunset . The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Domalu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
3 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!