“Everything we could ask for on one happy island”

Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This was my first trip to aruba and it was probably my favorite vacation I ever taken. The island really has everything youd want. First, the ocean club is absolutely beautiful. We got a room on the 5th floor which was key so you can see the ocean and the nightly sunsets. Absolutely request a direct or ocean view room. The room is not like a normal hotel room because its a timeshare condo its huge with a kitchen, living room and bed room. My suggestion is when you get to the island go shopping and buy some food for lunches some alcohol and mixers it will save you a ton of money. YOu have that beautiful kitchen you might as well use it. After the third day of eatting a burger or chicken sandwich by the pool youll be looking for something different and saving some money.
The beach area at the ocean club is beautiful. They have huts that rent for the week. My tip is as soon as you arrive go to the towl hut and reserve a hut for each day. The huts fill up fast. Everybody wants the ones closest to the water and thsoe fill up fast. The funny thing is unless you have a hut right in front of the water any hut is good so dont worry that you have a hut 20 feet away from the water. Also it is so reasonable to rent these its like 10 dollars a day. So if you want to ditch the hut and do something completly different you didnt waste alot of money.
The pool at the ocean club is beautiful. Honestly I just went to the pool around 4pm when the crowd thinned and I got tired of the beach. The pool is huge and has a swim up bar, awesome! Its not so crowded because most of the kids are at the surf club(marriott sister property) because of there lazy river.
Overall the service at the hotel is great, the people are so nice they will always try to help you out. I just feel badly for them some vacationers are rude and annoying ie some long islanders. Anyone coming here and reading this your going to have great weather and a great time. You picked the right place.

Some other thoughts or tips: Dinners- Musts include Madamme Jannettes, passions on the beach, and el gaucho. Lunch- iguana joes. Casinos- Our casino is the best the stalarris also go see the crystal casino its awesome.

Hope this review helped.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank richa7

Reviewed February 22, 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoon and my husband had to practically drag
me out when it was time to leave. Everything was wonderful, the room (more like a condo) was perfect and felt like home right away... there was so much to do within walking distance, the beach and restaurants were great.
Our suite had a roomy kitchen, two nice big flat-screen TVs, living room, balcony with patio furniture, his & hers closets with an electronic safe, and a dining area.

Cons: Bathroom was a bit small compared to the roominess of the rest of the suite.
The hotel bars served overpriced weak watered-down drinks.
During the weekend the hotel was full of rowdy, loud college-aged kids who had drunken fights in the adjacent rooms and in the hallway late into the night (no exaggeration!) we called security several times because of this, they were well aware of the issue, but did nothing about it. They made a mess of the hallway and it took half a day to get the staff to clean it up. (I'm sure this is an isolated incident but the complete lack of concern by the staff was a bigger mood-killer than the trashy neighbors)
Pillows on bed were lumpy and awful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AirlinePeanuts
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This is our 12th year in Aruba. The people are wonderful and always make you feel welcome. Particularly super service was rendered by the following individuals at the Ocean Club: Franklin, Brian and Giovanny at the Waves Bar; Nihaila the casino hostess; Mike R at Champions and Rosangel at the front desk. Many others were also very helpful. The downside was primarily form other guests. Unruly children and discourteous adults were the main two problems. Weather is perfect. Restaurants are wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2011

On our third visit to aruba. Spent last year at Divi with our teenagers absolutely loved it, not one bad thing to say but the kids thought Palm Beach looked more exciting so we booked there this year. Would not return, there is literally no night life at this resort. All the bars close by six except Champions but you go to Aruba to be on the water not in a sports bar with no ocean view!!! Workers were wonderful so sweet and helpful unfortunately they were dealing with the most rude people I have encountered in my life. People on the beach yelling at people that they were in their 'space" they paid for, people having staff put out 20 chairs and only 5 people using them, ordering staff around rudel sending back drinks etc. Not just adults but their kids as well, I would not talk to my worst enemy that way. It got to the point I would not want to be on the beach listening to how rude and obnoxious they were I was horrified, we met so many wonderful people last year but not so this year. I have to say all 6 of us agreed we will only stay on Eagle Beach from now on. Food was very expensive and subpar the food at the all inclusive was so much better. Very disappointed. Will only go the Div from now on! Kudos to the staff for thier kindness and patience

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank EWALIB
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We exchanged here through Interval International. Great place, clean rooms, friendly staff and always willing to help. You can do as much or as little as you chose, they have activities for all ages, daily. Much more quiet than the sister Surf Club. You can swim in ocean or pool, the huts are nice on the beach. We didn't have any problem getting one very near the waters edge every morning but don't wait to long because they do go quickly. We ate at Champions sports bar, food was good. Also at the Pavillion for lunch and drinks at the bar, again good but both are alittle pricey. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2010

So, for almost two years I have been reading reviews about the Ocean Club and the Surf Club and I must say that overall the reviews were pretty accurate. Now that I have returned from a stay at the Ocean Club, I must admit that I am delighted we stayed there. In fact, I told my husband , had we chosen the Surf Club , I would have thought about checking out. What a zoo!

The Ocean Club is clean, the rooms are spacious and it is quiet and realaxing. I did not have to deal with getting up at the crack of dawn to get a lounge chair nor did I have to deal with screaming babies or tripping over strollers or trying to use the pool without being pushed and shoved. There were plenty of lounge chairs available as were the huts at the beach.

The staff was very accomdating . The weather was not typical Aruba weather....storms for several days and then sunshine...finally.

So, if you want a quiet and relaxing vacation, stay at the Ocean Club. If you are into a zoo like atmosphere, then the Surf Club is where you belong.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zoo-ma-goo
Reviewed December 11, 2010

I cannot understand any bad reviews of the community of Marriott properties in Aruba. You need to understand that it is not the responsibility of the resort to make your good time. This was our fifth trip to Aruba (My wife and I) but this was the second time we came with two other couples. The first three were as a couple, and how peaceful it was. We decided to ask other couplesto go that had gone to Atlantis for many years, and they said after the first year that it was better in so many ways than the Atlantis. More restful and just as fun with the Casino and great beach great food and sunsets incomparable.
Make sure you shop at the grocery for food for breakfast and lunch, and we even made dinner in the room on two occassions. Buy your own beer and take it to the pool or beach, we put the beer in large trash bags with ice to keep it cold. You develope a routine typically either together or apart. Beach, shopping, water toys, beach walks, lots of people to watch (and like you would expect plenty of variety). Drinks in the afternoon until sunset 6:30 in January, Shower and go to dinner, (fine dining or very casual)then to the casinos or night clubs.
Rooms are great, clean, ask and you will receive. In room laundry, kitchen with everything, internet or skype. What do you want?
Learn how to travel and you will have no complaints.
Going again in January of '11 with the same couples. As veterans of travel go here and have a blast.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple