This was my first trip to aruba and it was probably my favorite vacation I ever taken. The island really has everything youd want. First, the ocean club is absolutely beautiful. We got a room on the 5th floor which was key so you can see the ocean and the nightly sunsets. Absolutely request a direct or ocean view room. The room is not like a normal hotel room because its a timeshare condo its huge with a kitchen, living room and bed room. My suggestion is when you get to the island go shopping and buy some food for lunches some alcohol and mixers it will save you a ton of money. YOu have that beautiful kitchen you might as well use it. After the third day of eatting a burger or chicken sandwich by the pool youll be looking for something different and saving some money.
The beach area at the ocean club is beautiful. They have huts that rent for the week. My tip is as soon as you arrive go to the towl hut and reserve a hut for each day. The huts fill up fast. Everybody wants the ones closest to the water and thsoe fill up fast. The funny thing is unless you have a hut right in front of the water any hut is good so dont worry that you have a hut 20 feet away from the water. Also it is so reasonable to rent these its like 10 dollars a day. So if you want to ditch the hut and do something completly different you didnt waste alot of money.
The pool at the ocean club is beautiful. Honestly I just went to the pool around 4pm when the crowd thinned and I got tired of the beach. The pool is huge and has a swim up bar, awesome! Its not so crowded because most of the kids are at the surf club(marriott sister property) because of there lazy river.
Overall the service at the hotel is great, the people are so nice they will always try to help you out. I just feel badly for them some vacationers are rude and annoying ie some long islanders. Anyone coming here and reading this your going to have great weather and a great time. You picked the right place.
Some other thoughts or tips: Dinners- Musts include Madamme Jannettes, passions on the beach, and el gaucho. Lunch- iguana joes. Casinos- Our casino is the best the stalarris also go see the crystal casino its awesome.
Hope this review helped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among beautiful Palm Beach is the immaculate Marriott's Aruba Surf Club. With a variety of on-site activities, filling your day with fun is no obstacle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach