Spent a wonderful week at the Ocean Club. Arriving Sunday afternoon, front desk a bit busy but after a few minutes check in went smooth. Unit ready earlier than advertised - requested a higher floor, but would have had to wait about an hour - already a long day, just wanted to get settled, unpacked and on the beach to enjoy the rest of the day. It was nice to know they would have accommodated this request...Our unit was very clean, the renovation was complete & and we had all brand new small appliances....perfect! We brought breakfast & lunch foods with us for the week- no heavy duty cooking...although the kitchen would work fine for big dinners in! Bed is super comfortable...HVAC works great - resort is NON SMOKING. The resort is well maintained. Being on the second floor - it was much easier to use the stairs to the beach....and gave us some exercise ....the beach was very clean. Getting a palapa - never a problem...hubby went down around 7:15-7:30 every morning to reserve it, and we had the same one 6 out of 7 days. Pool sparkling clean, no problem getting a chaise. Air hose to fill our beach toys available at the towel hut. What more can you ask for? Waiter service on beach was always available if you wanted it. It was all good. 2 Flat Screen TV's in the one-bedroom unit - for those can't miss shows, like 24! All the NY/NJ TV stations - so it was easy to keep up with the late night news at home. Champions restaurant at the resort offers standard pub food & plenty of sports TV for those playoff games. We didn't request any addl cleaning - mid week tidy service was very thorough, I walked in while Betty was mopping the floors...All you have to do is ask for something, and they do their best to take care of you. Concierge does close for lunch - strange....but they handled our request promptly & accurately. Express check out was very convenient . Bell captain handled bags, prompt service.
Previous stay here was in 1999 and it was brand new, and wonderful. It's still wonderful! Much quieter than the Surf Club, less busy. Surf Club shops do have bigger selection of food, merchandise, t shirts etc. So take a walk if there's something you can't find at the Ocean Club shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among beautiful Palm Beach is the immaculate Marriott's Aruba Surf Club. With a variety of on-site activities, filling your day with fun is no obstacle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach