1,348 results
All reviews surf club next door sands eatery towel hut iguana sanctuary full kitchen bedroom villa marriott hotel lazy river time share pool bar simply fish second row vacation club laundry room grocery store la vista jacuzzi tub
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our 12th year visiting Aruba, and my wife and I stayed at the Marriott Stellaris previously, but this year we visited with other family members, and we needed more room and flexibility, so we decided to rent 2 villas at the Ocean Club. Our stay was truly exceptional! The service was outstanding, the rooms were spacious and clean, and our comfort and ease of use of the beach facilities was wonderful and truly relaxing. There was some renovation and remodeling work going on, which we were aware of beforehand, but it was all managed extremely well, with minimum impact.
From the very first hour, when Marvin went out of his way to accommodate our room needs, every aspect of our stay was a pleasure. Lillian and her staff were most responsive and helpful in every way. Highly recommended, and we plan on staying again in the future!

Room Tip: We rented a car, but taxis are always at the ready, right outside the door.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmelo M
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Our team is delighted to read your review and to learn you enjoyed your time at the resort. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon at a Marriott Vacation Club resort!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While vacationing in Aruba this past August, we enjoyed the best meal ever at The Sands Eatery Marriott’s Aruba Ocean Club. We ordered one of their dinner specials, grilled Grouper with vegetables and patacones, all of which was inspired with an authentic Arubian twist that was simply delicious. We loved its location near the beach, the live entertainment so much so we dined there once again. The staff, that includes you Carmen, were welcoming and attentive. The supervisor, Inge, was so gracious, friendly, and very professional. We will definitely be back on our next visit for sure.

-Mr.& Mrs. Dee

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank routetoheaven7
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My favorite accommodations in Aruba. The rooms are large, clean and beautiful. The grounds are kept beautifully as is the entire property. The staff is FABULOUS, warm friendly and VERY helpfull. From the time you arrive the goal of everyone at O.C. is to make you comfortable and happy. The entire concierge staff especially Gryselaine, help with reservations. The front desk staff headed up by Emily make checking in a pleasure, the pool staff are friendly & warm, especially Nelson who is new at O.C. And lastly Lillian who is a dream. She knows everyone by name and treats us every year as if we’re family. The BEST decision we made 19 years ago was to buy at O.C.
Susie & Wayne Malik

Stayed: August 2018

We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for sharing your #vacationgreatness. We look forward to your next stay at a Marriott Vacation Club resort!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As Marriott Vacation Owners we were excited to spend 12 days in Aruba for the first time. We knew about the lobby renovation and pool closure/renovation but that did bother us since we were assured that arrangements had been made to accommodate guests at other facilities including the Surf Club and Marriott Stellaris Hotel.

Management’s “accommodation” was to frustrate and confuse guests and apparently, based on the rude treatment I encountered at both the Surf Club and hotel towel huts demonstrated that staff did not receive the “customer service” memo.

Guests that wished to use the Surf Club pools were required to put your name on a list each day before 12:00 if you wanted access to the Surf Club the next day. Okay, I did that and picked up passes each day. I followed the instructions given and went to the Surf Club towel hut. The male attendant rudely asked for my pass and told me I could only have 1 towel but he would make an “exception” this time and give me 2. How embarrassing and disrespectful especially when Surf Club guests (identified by their wrist bands) were given all the towels they requested. I did not respond and left to find a chair. The sad part is that this towel attendant exhibited the same rude behavior the next day so I left with no towels. I felt unwelcome and disrespected. Not the way to treat a guest at any Marriott facility.

Later seeking information, My husband and I asked about access to the hotel pools. We were told by the Ocean Club lobby staff that we were not permitted to go to the hotel’s adult pool at all...okay... but the hotel pool was open with no passes required. Great!

Well, after 4 days enjoying the beauty of the pool and ocean and receiving great service from Naomi (pool attendant), who previously provided towels, I made the mistake of going to the hotel towel hut myself. BIG MISTAKE! The woman at the hotel towel hut was as rude as the man at the Surf Club and when I gave her my room number said that I had to bring my own towels? What? She said I had to get towels from the Ocean Club but would make an “exception” today but I better have my “own” towels tomorrow.

What a mess - it was upsetting and disappointing. I know it’s just towels but it’s not the fault of guests that the pool is being renovated. When confronted with rude behavior, it dampens your vacation. What happened to being gracious to guests that are being inconvenienced? The lack of communication is astounding and it seems as if the properties (management) are not communicating well with employees or guests. Guests were confused and frustrated. Management needs to get a handle on this - the lobby is being renovated now and the villas will be renovated beginning in July 2019.

We think we will choose another destination next year. Not in a hurry to go back to Aruba. Honestly, there are great people working hard to make your stay wonderful but a few “rude and nasty” people ruin all of their efforts.

WAKE UP MANAGEMENT!!!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Robin0313

Hi Robin, thank you for your review of your time with us at Aruba Ocean Club. We are sorry to hear there was confusion about towel service at the neighboring resorts. Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with the resort management team as a training opportunity. We do hope your next stay with us is superb in Aruba and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

As always returning to the Ocean Club did not disappoint. The staff is always helpful and courteous. Shout out to Zeike, Wilma, the towel hut ladies, the staff at Campions and the Sands eatery. Everyone was on point! That’s why I love the Ocean Club. Renovations began while I was there, so can’t wait for my return next year to see the transformation.
Check out Gemani’s Jewlery Store downtown. Varsha and her staff are very knowledgeable and honest. I love shopping there!
Hope to see everyone next year!

Room Tip: High rooms have a lovely view.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We are happy to hear your family had a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing your #vacationgreatness and for making Marriott Vacation Club a part of your travels. We look forward to your next stay!