“Amazingly surprised at how much we loved it”

Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Amazingly surprised at how much we loved it”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is our 8th trip to the Island. We thought the Surf club was the bear, but the Ocean club is the bomb. We think it's been renovated, and is just like the surf club without the crowds and nose. You can actually find chairs at 11 a.m. Good ones! Downside is no lazy river, but pool is free form and still great. Worth a repeat visit.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ginny L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had an amazing time at the Marriott Ocean Club - within walking distance of restaurants/shopping/bars. You also have the other Marriott locations next door and you can usually use their facilities as well.

Great bar and Happy Hour!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary G
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We just went to the Aruba Marriott Ocean Club from August 30 to September 6 and it was great. Rooms were fabulous. We stayed in a two bedroom, which had two big bathrooms, a full kitchen and a kitchenette, which my kids thought was awesome. It was our 3 kids (10, 8 and 4 (turned 5 there), my husband and myself. Beach was great. Got a palapa every day that I wanted one. Didn't have to go to early to get one. Never had to pay for one. Towels always available. Activities were good. Grills available. Staff were very friendly. Stores were all great. Pull was fabulous. Checked out the Surf Club....pool was nicer, but we were happy with the Ocean Club. Stellaris Casino was nice too, but we didn't need that. All within a few minutes of walking. All connected. Not able to use Surf Club pools, but could use Stellaris pool - just not adult pool. Parking was easy to have. Close to everything. I can not say a bad thing about the place - once the Vacation Club people realized that we didn't want to do the 90 minute presentation, they left us alone. Food was okay, but overpriced. We hit the grocery store a lot. Free laundry to use also was a bonus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dedi72
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2013

What can I say? There are many reasons why we return to this favorite beach-vacation spot year after year, and will do the same in February. Not just because it is familiar (although it obviously is), but because the quality never really wavers. The service remains laid back but impeccable, and the weather always cooperates. This is a perfect place for families, singles, seniors, couples---with something for everyone, whether you are active or just de-stressing. The Aruba Ocean Club has maintained their high standards over the years, which is why it remains a very popular destination for vacationers.

Room Tip: Most people prefer and request rooms on the side of the property with the ground floor shops/small c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicki M
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our 23rd visit to Aruba, and after 20 years , the Governor made us Ambassadors!! We absolutely love it there, a home away from home. Even though we have a time share at the Ocean Club, we walk over to the Stellaris hotel to get a cab just so we can be greeted warmly by our friend Roy, the ever- smiling Bell captain... Year after year, he remembers us and always greets us with a smile!
The same goes for Jazmine, over at the pool at the Stellaris, we walk over to see her year after year and are welcomed with a hug and a smile and news of what's happened in the past year.
It's always a "pleasure" from her!!!!

We were also treated like family at the towel hut at the ocean Club by Linda every morning. She could not have been nicer or had a bigger smile on her face every day. What a pleasure seeing them! The entire staff at the Ocean Club is accomodating and do everything to ensure you have a super vacation!

Room Tip: Ocean view is always great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrsJ0000
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife, my little boy, my mother in law (yes, no holiday is perfect...lol) and me just came back from Marriott's Ocean Club in a 6 nights holiday. It was my forth time in Aruba and still one of my favorite places in the world. I am a Marriott Rewards guest so I am used with the facilities and never thought about changing. Still a few things to improve in this property.

I have tried to contact reception at least three times during my stay and no one responded. At all times that I have gone there in person there was only one attendant serving guests, so it always took more time than it should have been. Also, it is a vacation club so it's important to buy some groceries. Try to go to Food Smart or any other supermarket in Aruba. Things at the hotel are very expensive.Food was OK, but I missed more options. Practically the same dishes at La VIsta, The beach restaurant and champions. Simple Restaurant at the marriott is a good option, but if the hotels were packed, I bealieve the quality would drop.

We have stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, on the second floor (room 5243). The view was perfect and the location was very good as well. Although it was in the end of the hallway, there was a stair just beside our door to the beach and it was very convenient. Also, it is the closest part of the hotel to the Marriott and the casino. By the way, I am a convict gambler, and althought the casino was far from the best ones I have been, it was a good fun. I wagered almost 30grand and got more than 400 back credited in my account. Not bad.

In the end, we had a lot of fun, specially my little boy. Aruba has shown some signs of the heavy tourism, but is still one of the best destinations in the world. Hopefully I will be back at the Marriott next year.

Room Tip: Right wing of the hotel is closer to the casino and the Marriott.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LostBrazilians
Ohio
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Club starting Sept. 9 and stayed 7 nights. Most of the people we met were owners of either the Ocean Club, or the Surf Club. Owners at the Surf club are now staying at the Ocean Club because the Surf C. is "Too Crowded". :-)
Check-in on Monday was a breeze. The staff at the desk were very nice and helpful. I used My Diamond Resort points though Interval to get this last minute stay and knew I wouldn't get a good Ocean View room. We ended up on the 3rd floor overlooking the Iguana Garden. We loved the room. It was clean and had everything we needed except condiments (salt&pepper). Everything worked perfectly. AC, Ice Maker, toaster, TV's (no HD), everything good.
I had read the info on getting a palapa on the beach and had no trouble getting one at no charge every morning on the second row. Great views ! :-) BUT,,, you have to get up at 6am to secure your choice. The old-timers were very up-front with the drill if you asked them (first morning) how it works. The resort definitely has a procedure and it's all spelled out. If you show up at 6:10 am, just ask "Who am I behind ?" Done deal.
The beach is a killer if the wind isn't blowing. And I mean WIND ! Most of the time it's 15 to 20 mph. But if it's not blowing, get ready to sweat. Happened 2 days while we were there. They tell you that Aruba has low humidity like Arizona. HaHaHaHa. no. Then the flies can land on you. Don't get me wrong, It was a great place to visit, but I probably won't go back this decade.
Moomba's on the beach is a great place to eat. The Reef & Beef was wonderful. Shrimp and Filet Mignon. Perfect. "Simply Fish" next door was also good. Table right next to the water on the beach was a nice touch. Champions off the lobby had great hamburgers.
Went to "Baby Beach" and had a nice afternoon. $47 US for a cabana and 2 lounges was higher than Ka'anapali Beach on Maui. My wife looked for the bathroom and the management said "1 DOLLAR. ?? (I don't think so). Beach was great. Water was like swimming in a pool. You could see your feet at 5 ft deep. Would recommend this resort, but like I said, I have to many other places I want to visit. I like Punta Cana better.

Room Tip: Shop for groceries off site. Paid $7.50 for a half gallon of orange juice at the ocean club mini mar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple