Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
$349
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$369
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$674
$509
  • Pool
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$213
$160
Hotels.com
$260
$249
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$261
$209
HolidayInn.com
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$869
$569
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$315
$295
$289
$362
$350
Travelocity
1,285 results
All reviewssurf club next doorsands eateryiguana sanctuaryfull kitchenbedroom villamarriott propertiestowel hutlazy rivertime sharepool barsecond rowsimply fishgrocery storevacation clubla vistababy beachrented a car
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our first time in Aruba, but it will definitely not be the last, although I wish there was a quicker way from the West Coast. This Marriott certainly lives up to the reputation of other Marriott timeshare properties we have stayed in. We own at Hyatt Highlands in Carmel and exchanged for a week here. The unit was beautiful with a fully equipped kitchen we couldn't have lived without. As pointed out here, Aruba is expensive and having the kitchen so we could eat all of our breakfasts and lunches was a big help. It enabled us to go out to dinner and not feel guilty about the expense. We had a one-bedroom villa on the 5th floor poolside. The staff couldn't have been warmer or friendlier. Combined with the perfect weather 24/7 and gorgeous beach we couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the poolside on the 4th floor or higher so you see the ocean over the Palm trees and avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunseeker69
Reviewed May 6, 2013

First visit to Aruba and the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club. If I had to some up my experience in one word it would be MAGNIFICENT. I will share some tips throughout this review to save you time, money, and a little confusion and/or aggravation. First, Aruba is a wonderful little island to which I expect to be returning time and time again. The Marriott Aruba Ocean club does this wonderful island justice in its magnificence. My wife and I were traveling alone this time which is rare. I exchanged my timeshare for a week here. We stayed in a 1 bedroom 1 Bath Villa with an Ocean view balcony. I have been to many Marriott properties and this one has to be tops so far. Let’s begin shall we. We arrived on a Sunday and were transported to the Marriott via De Palm Tours that I booked in advance. From the moment the bus pulled into the property my eyes were wide, something quite difficult for a 40 something who can be quite critical at times. The property was beautifully landscaped and the entrance to the lobby extremely inviting. I went to the front desk and was greeted by a wonderfully sweet girl named Nicole. We had arrived early (Check-in is at 4PM) and she seamlessly checked us in early. Gave us a lot of helpful information to get acclimated to the property and gave us our keys. The keys here are key cards but you don’t have to insert them into the lock you simply swipe the outside and the door unlocks. TIP#1 to go to any floor in the elevator except the lobby you need to swipe your room key see the green light then select your floor. I thought this was a nice, innovative piece of security. If you do not swipe the door will close and you will go no where. We get to the 4th floor. The Ocean Club is a fairly large U shaped property so when you get off the elevator on your floor you can go left or right depending upon where your room is. The signs on the floors are clearly marked. Each floor had a laundry room with at least 4 washers/dryers on each floor which are complimentary (no charge). Most Marriott Properties I have stayed in had the washer/dryer in the units so this was new to me; however, it took nothing away from the experience. Also trash chutes on every floor clearly marked but discreetly tucked away and very clean. We went to our room entered and were pleasantly greeted by a spacious villa, immaculately clean and with all new GE Profile appliances. The central a/c was fabulous and you had complete control over temperature. Evenly cooled throughout the entire villa. They actually take the time out to change the air filters on every unit in the property once a month which you can tell right away as the air flow is wonderful. As we walked in there is a beautiful rather large round table with 4 beautiful and comfortable chairs. Honestly the table was big enough to accommodate more than 4 people. There is a bar with two stool chairs facing the fully stocked kitchen. When I say fully stocked I mean full size refrigerator, electric flat top range and oven, microwave, dishwasher, double sink with garbage disposal, blender, toaster, coffee maker. All brand new ge profile appliances. There was plenty of dishware, cookware, bake ware, utensils etc. They even left a complimentary box of laundry detergent (enough for 1 load) and dishwasher detergent packets, enough for the entire week and there were still plenty left when we departed. The Living room had a flat screen TV, sofa with sofa bed, very comfortable tested it out for this review…lol. Also a love seat. The living room leads out to the balcony which was a nice size with another round glass table and two chairs. The balcony overlooked the pool area with an ocean view. I would spend my early morning having coffee and feeding the local birds that would come visit in the morning. Extremely relaxing. The bedroom had a king size bed, extremely comfortable and inviting. The bedroom also had the signature Marriott hot tub within the room just outside the bathroom. The bathroom had a beautifully glassed enclosed shower stall with what looked to me to be expensive tile. Double vanity which was great (wife tends to take up all the time in the bathroom getting ready to go somewhere) and allowed me to get ready at the same time. Plenty of Toilet paper and initial stock of conditioner and shampoo. The water pressure is very good as well. There was a mid-week clean that re-stocked everything all over again and a wonderful cleaning I might add. I tip my hat to housekeeping. The hotel has several shops in the lobby. TIP#2: if you can do it get your groceries in town, much, much cheaper than the resort. CHEAPER but not cheap. Everything in Aruba is expensive as everything is imported. Think for every one dollar you spend in the USA for something you will spend 3 dollars in Aruba. Gas is $7.15 per gallon which leads me to TIP#3- You do not need to rent a car for the entire week. For one gas is crazy costly, secondly the island is like 19 miles long and there are plenty of cabs to take you where you want to go. If you really want to save money you can take the Arubus. This is their version of mass transit. It’s a bus that costs 2.30 per person and you can get wherever you like. We used it on our last day and was safe and cheap. Bus stop is right outside the Marriott Hotel and Stellaris casino which is attached to the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club. If you do want to do a day or 2 of exploring then rent a car on those days only because the rest of the time it will be sitting in the parking lot, or take a tour. We don’t like structured tours so we will usually rent-a-car for the day we want to look around unencumbered by anyone else’s schedule. The resort has a wonderful, clean pool with rock formations and waterfalls. Simply stunning. Oh and a swim up bar as well. The beach and ocean are outstanding!! TIP#4 – there are huts on the beach you can “rent” with lounge chairs. But here is the real tip. At 7:00am the towel hut opens and on a first come first serve basis you can get even numbered huts and chairs for FREE!! Yes free. The odd number ones cost to rent and you must rent them at least one day in advance and only up to 3 days. Is that confusing?? Simplified: go down at 7am and ask for a free hut. They will give you a map of the layout and you can pick the one you want. I never once had a problem getting a free hut all week. There are plenty of chairs around the pool as well and are free obviously. The lounges without huts on the beach are always free and first come first serve. The sun is brutal down there so I need the hut. TIP#5 – this is a smoke free resort however there are chairs and umbrellas set up by the pool in a smoking section. It is only like 3 umbrellas with 12 lounges but it is there. It is right behind the towel hut. There is Champions restaurant in the resort. It is a sports bar with very good food. Also there is great food poolside. The Marriott Aruba Surf club is also attached and have their own set of food options that you can choose from as well as a nice night spot with DJ in the evenings right on the beach. The Marriott Hotel and Stellaris Casino is there as well. Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse is on property as well. This resort has everything you will need while staying there. Most importantly the employees are all friendly, informative and make you feel right at home. Ask them anything and they usually can help point you in the right direction. TIP#6 - Towels are given at a rate of 4 for a 1br villa and more for the bigger ones. You must return the ones you have to get new ones, don’t be the family that got 6 and went for more and when asked where the old ones were they said we left them on the beach last night…..did not know we had to return them….lol In my opinion this is a 5 star resort with 5 star service. One that should not be missed. We highly recommend it and we will for sure be returning next year. This one is a gem folks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank ChrisnTeshia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I already miss the banana bread from the little cafe downstairs, best $2.00 banana bread ever. Service at the cafe is excellent for a grab and go and very reasonable, always fresh. The room a 1/1 with full kitchen was wonderful, so clean, appointed well, free wifi. The beach is beautiful, if you want a hut, either pay to prebook or get down there before 9am. Beach helpers were so nice, engaging, wish I had gotten a couple of names to let the Marriott know how above average they were. $5.00 specialty drinks, as well as bloody marys and screwdrivers, then happy hour at 1pm. We stayed at the beach, more quite and relaxing, to much "activities" being pushed and announced at the pool for us....but lots of people participating in bingo etc, so there is a place for everyone. The outdoor pool restaurant was very good, we eat there everyday and service was wonderful. The concierge was great, we handed her a list of restaurants for 8 days and asked her to make them for us, when we came back at the end of the day, she had all of them made and gave us a print out with times, dates and locations. I would stay here again in a heart beat!!!! Just a GREAT value!

Room Tip: Top floor facing pool....there is a sewer treatment facility on the one side of the hotel and you can smell it sometimes when you are in the pool area, as well as if you get a room on that side. Ask where you can be to AVOID it. My companion stayed in that location once and won't again.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed with another couple in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa, on the fourth floor, with an ocean view. The rooms were meticulous, the beds very comfortable. Not sure I like having to pay for someplace to sit on the beach, but the beach is magnificent, with while sand, and no rocks. Just a little seaweed if you went into the deeper water. We rented a car for a day, and drove to the grocery store to purchase food for breakfast and a couple dinners. Everything is expensive, so this saves a little money. There is a café downstairs where you can purchase an inexpensive breakfast and lunch. I did not like the fact that you could not use all the Marriott swimming pools, and because we were at the Ocean Club could not use the lazy river at the Surf Club. It is worthwhile to listen to the sales pitch for the vacation club, lasts 1 1/2 hrs., and we received $400 in vouchers to use at the casino. FYI, the Ocean Club is geared more for adults, the Surf Club for families.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Susan36384
Reviewed April 28, 2013

On the positive side:
Excellent accommodations. Loved the 1 bedroom suite. Great TV and kitchen area.
On-site food was adequate-to-good and relatively reasonable in price
Perfect pool water temperature
Best for families
Great weather - 88 degrees every day, sunshine, very few clouds

On the negative side:
Noisy,tends to be crowded, not the greatest if you are an adult couple looking for serenity.
Pool is too small. The Marriott tends to over-landscape the area around its pool while sacrificing room for swimming. If you are a swimmer look for another place (although big pools are hard to find in Aruba).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple