Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
$349
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$369
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$287
$160
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$261
$209
HolidayInn.com
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$593
$464
$260
$249
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$315
$295
Hotels.com
$289
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$110
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$632
$569
  • Beachfront
1,285 results
All reviewssurf club next doorsands eateryiguana sanctuaryfull kitchenbedroom villamarriott propertiestowel hutlazy rivertime sharepool barsecond rowsimply fishgrocery storevacation clubla vistababy beachrented a car
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am just coming home from a 4 day trip to Aruba where my family and I (a group of 10) stayed at the Ocean Club and at the Surf Club.
When I made the reservation, I was concerned about the difference between the Surf and Ocean Clubs, the Ocean being more expensive by $800. We decided on the more expensive, the Ocean, expecting a higher quality of service.
Upon arrival, we dropped off half of our group at the Surf Club where they were immediately met by 5-6 valets. When we went to Ocean, there were no valets, we had to carry our luggage and when we went to the front desk, the very unfriendly receptionist was annoyed when we asked her if she could call the valet to bring our luggage up. No valet showed up and we had to carry our own bags!
When we opened our room, the ocean view was no where to be seen and the extra pillows we asked for never arrived.
The beach is very pretty but wake up at 530 am so you can make the line to reserve a hut or else you are stuck with sitting behind the water sports.
There is a pier and a lot of small boats and jet skis so stay within the roped areas. Enjoy the murky water since the boats come in and out and move the sand underneath.
Everyone is on island time which is expected but seriously, in a hotel? The only alert people Are the constant time share vendors with their phone calls and "free gift" incentives (a lotion of aloe and $400 if you attend their 2 hr demo). For the 400$ we went to the supposed 1 hr demo and at 2 hrs they didnt want to let us go. Then the harrassing began.
Overall, the property is great but if you are expecting service, you will not get it.

• Stayed: October 2012
7  Thank afabrega11
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am an owner at the Ocean Club, so yes, you may called me biased, but I believe this property to be one of the best of Aruba's offerings. The staff truly sets this property apart from its competition From the warm reception by the front desk staff, to the helpful concierge desk, to the maintenance team working diigently in the building and on the grounds every day, the Marriott Ocean Club team gets it right. They understand customer service, in all its forms.

Upgrades and additions to the property include a lovely revolving door at the main entrance, automatic doors to the pool area and side exit facing the Marriott Resort as well as new signage throughout. Plans are being made to expand the Pavillion Restaurant's hours and to include dinner offerings and live entertainment. This will likely materialize next year.

Space at the pool and beach was a non-issue, as September is considered low season on the island. The pool area and pool deck allow for an ample number of guests without being crowded.

For the inquiring minds, the adults only pool, recently constructed between the Ocean Club and Marriott Resort properties is currently for the use of Marriott Resort guests only. Ocean Club and Suf Club guests are not permitted to use this pool. Likewise, sharing of facilities (pool and/or beach chairs, beach palapas) between the Ocean and Surf Clubs are prohibited.

For the Ocean Club guests, palapas are available on a pay reserve OR first-come, first-serve basis through the property's towel hut (to the left of the Pavillion Restaurant). The pay-to-reserve process is $15/day for first or second row; $10/day for third row and beyond, up to three days in advance. Palapas are also available free of charge on a first-come, first-serve basis every morning at the towel hut, which opens at 7 a.m

Conditions of the water and beach were very good, though littering continues to be an issue at many of the hotel properties. I encourage travelers to be kind to the island, its residents and fellow guests; please pick up after yourselves. It takes only a minute.

Many thanks to Rosangel, Mariana, Nicole, Jaqui, Ben and the entire Marriott team for another wonderful trip! Danki!

Room Tip: Rooms inside the 'U,' fourth floor or higher, offer best views of the pool, grounds and Caribbean Sea.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arubamasc
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I spent the past week at this fantastic facility and it was an outstanding experience. The facility is absolutely beautiful and the grounds are immaculate. I ate at several of the restaurants in the facility and every meal was great. The attentive staff at this facility was the other aspect contributing to my wonderful experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are over 62 years of age, you can get a great rate on an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank happytraveler0521
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We love staying at Marriott hotels for their great customer service, comfortable beds, and clean rooms. This experience was no different. We had a ground floor room overlooking the garden, which we didn't mind a bit. The kitchen was modern and had nearly every amenity and gadget you could think of. A large patio could be accessed from either the living room or the bedroom. Furnishings were modern; there were plenty of places to unpack our clothing, and large flat screen tv's in the living room and bedroom was a bonus. The shower was very large and offered just the right amount of water pressure. A beautiful jacuzzi tub was in the corner of the bedroom; very deep and rather large. Staff were very friendly and I must say, very trustworthy. I left some valuable items in plain sight, not knowing that housekeeping was coming in to tidy up. They left the place spotless, and my valuables were left where I put them. I can't say the same for other places I've visited where I've hidden cherished items. The place is set up for pure relaxation; there is a pool that meanders throughout the property that is two feet, three feet and five feet deep; perfect for relaxing. The swim up bar offers reasonable drink specials, usually from 2pm through 6pm. There are plenty of options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the island, and many are within walking distance from this hotel. I would avoid the very enticing Hadicurari restaurant located toward the Marriott Surf Clubright on the beach....very poor service (I don't mind slow, but they take it to a whole different level....being completely ignored is offensive). Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club made this trip to Aruba very memorable and we would love to return one day soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank jando24
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Sunshine everyday,only little rain the morning,sun all day.The
hotel location the best view of ocean,you can see and hear
ocean when you open patio door,beautiful blue and calm make you feel like your pool,the good month is september
book resort request 5th floor you can see ocean morning take public bus to downtown,bus outside the gate only $1.50

Room Tip: The fifth floors and up the room facing to ocean,ocean front or ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family