Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
$349
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$230
$160
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$369
$260
$249
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$261
$209
HolidayInn.com
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$593
$509
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$869
$569
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
$289
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$315
$295
Orbitz.com
$362
$350
Travelocity
1,285 results
All reviewssurf club next doorsands eateryiguana sanctuaryfull kitchenbedroom villamarriott propertiestowel hutlazy rivertime sharepool barsecond rowsimply fishgrocery storevacation clubla vistababy beachrented a car
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My stay here at The Marriott Ocean club was excellent, the staff was great, the beach is beautiful, the food was good, and the property is nice. What made my experience here memorable, my 10 month old daughter was sick with a fever, and the staff showed great concern and provided us with transportation to the doctor and hospital, and to make it better everyday they called or stop by our room to see how she was doing, they really cared and made us feel like this was our second home. My family and I are planning to return back here next year again for our family vacation. Thank you Marriott for everything.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeffrey Z
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We rented a two bedroom villa with a pool view and a hint of ocean beyond the trees. It was on the first floor at the end of the southern wing but facing north directly at the pool area. It was very convenient with easy access to the pool and in a tree covered shaded area where we would often sit outside with morning coffee or an afternoon drink.

Next to our villa was the exit door from the hallway into the outside pool area. As people came in and out the door would slam shut. We spoke to the front desk about the noise from the door and they immediately had it fixed with more workmen still adjusting the door the next day. The staff couldn’t do more for us.

The villa was very clean, nicely decorated and well appointed with a full kitchen, two baths, and comfortable common area. The second bedroom had a queen bed and pullout couch. I am told that the pull out bed was not very comfortable. We rented from Marriott and are not timeshare owners so we had daily maid service and daily fresh towels. Ocean Club guests are not permitted access to the Surf Club pool or the adult pool next to the hotel. For us it didn’t matter, we were quite comfortable with the Ocean Club facilities.

We arrived at the beginning of May at the start of an apparent low season. It was not crowded. We usually slept late, brewed a pot of coffee, bought some breakfast (bagels, croissants, egg sandwiches, pastries) from the lobby take out counters at the Ocean Club or the main hotel. We stepped out to the beach about noon and had no problem finding available palapas. Drink and food service on the beach or at the pool restaurant was quick, friendly, and efficient.

In general the beach area is filled with palapas and water sports vendors and is very busy with boats from a nearby pier. Not exactly a quiet setting but there are many other places in Aruba where you can enjoy sitting quietly and watching the surf.

The pool bar closes at 6pm but thanks to the happy hour, we were able to stack up a pair of drinks at the bar in the pool and swim/float around for a while before dinner.

We ate at Champions in the Ocean Club and watched the hockey playoffs. It is a fun sports bar/restaurant with typical bar food. Most other times we drove away for dinner at Madame Jeanette’s, Mirandi, LG Smiths. One day, we walked over to Scala’s at a nearby mall on the second floor. They are all very good places to eat. Check out coupons in the I Love Aruba coupon book. It got us 15% off at LG Smith and a free glass of wine at Scala's.

After dinner, we would often stop by the hotel lobby for an ice cream dessert. The lobby takeout counter is open 24 hours a day.

We don’t gamble much anymore but there seemed to be lower minimums at the Excelsior at the Holiday Inn next to the Surf Club (look for match bet coupons in the I Love Aruba coupon book).

Checkout is at 10am and although we got a late (11am) checkout, the room key cards stop working at 10am. You are pretty much shut out of your room and will have difficulty getting around some secure parts of the hotel. I was returning pool towels and had to walk through the lobby to get back in the hallway to get to the room.

We enjoy off-roading in Aruba and spent some time driving around the rough northern coast. In addition to exploring the coastal inlets, we climbed some of the rock formations, explored the stacked rock areas, searched for Geo Caches and even placed and picked up a travel bug. We do this on our own now but started a few years ago with an excursion from ABC Tours - thanks Rocky!

Lots of places and excursions available to snorkel and swim around the island. We have used De Palm and Red Sail Sports in the past and had a great time.

Room Tip: We had a room on the bottom floor in the south tower western end facing pool area. It was shady, convenient to the pool and beach area. An ideal quiet spot but with hardly a view of the beach. We would often sit out side and sip our morning coffee or afternoon drink.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ViewontheHudson
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My family and I visited Aruba on April 23 for a one week stay at the Marriott Ocean Club. We stayed in a two bedroom villa which was great. The resort has a nice beach with calm water greater for kids to swim in. Parts of the beach has a large area of seaweed which is annoying and disgusting, but overall the beach area is very nice. The Marriott Ocean Club is right next store to the Marriott and Stelaris casino resort. This is nice because you do not have to go far for any gambling if your into gambling. The restaurants at the Ocean Club are expensive and drinks are high priced as well. They do have a drill, so that you may grill any meats or veggies that you can buy at the grocery store.

My thoughts on Aruba. My family and I had a great time on our vacation. We did a couple of attractions with De Palms. The first one was at De Palms Island. This attraction was fun, but seemed a little pricey at $119/person. At De Palms Island you can snorkel and see lots of fishes, snub, banana boat, water park, etc... The negative thing about the island is that it's right by the water purification plant and that the food sucks! Our next attraction was a tour around the island on a motor coach bus. Our guide was very good, but the tour was a little boring until you get to Baby beach. It is a good experience if you want to learn about the island, so for $59/person you get a 5-6hr attraction. It's one of those thing that you are glad you did it, but will not do it again. My friend and I played golf at Tierra Del Sol golf course. The golf course was very nice in a high end golf community. Golfers beware that the island is always windy, so golfing here is extremely challenging. Overall a great golf experience. There are plenty of night clubs around the hotel area, so if you're looking to party a bit you should not have much trouble finding a night club or bar to hang out at until 1-2am. The bad thing about partying until 1-2am is that there are no restaurants open late night so finding a place to eat is a little difficult. However, there are local stands in town not too far from the hotel area that you can venture to either by walking or by cab. I would recommend taking a cab if you are not comfortable venturing out into the local area. I did both so I felt very safe either way. Just ask the locals or a cab driver for a place to grab a snack late in the morning. The cab fares are regulated by the government, so it s a set rate depending where you are traveling to.

Restaurants- Aruba is very diverse and has lots of really good places to eat. I felt that the prices are fair comparing to any other vacation places like Orlando or Las Vegas. There are many restaurant chains from the US like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, Fridays, etc... I never stepped my foot into one of those places because I like eating the local food. We had dinner one night at Driftwood(very good) a seafood restaurant in downtown. I only the thing we had to get used to was that the servers are on a different time then we are. I call it island time meaning they are in no hurry to help you unless you ask for it. I'm used to having servers ask if you need more water, pop, beer, or anything else here in the US, but that's not the case in most restaurants in Aruba.

Overall our trip was great and we would love to go back to Aruba. The one thing people have to keep in mind is that Aruba is not a tropical lush forest island. It's more of a desert like southern California. Aruba has beautiful beaches and lots of things to do within the island.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Vong76
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Vacationed the week of March 18th. Two couples and two twenty-somethings. After a delay in getting our first villa for our friends, the second villa was a gorgeous ocean front/pool view on the 6th floor! It can't hurt to ask for exactly what you want; all they can say is no! Thank you Natasha and the front desk team for whatever you did to make it happen. As owners at this resort, this was our 9th time (I think) returning to Aruba and I believe the sand and sea was never cleaner or more turquoise. Getting our groceries at Ling's was a cinch. We rented a car for the very last time finally determining it's easier to walk to most places and catching a cab is fairly inexpensive. The property was pristine as always; the staff courteous and friendly. Now if JetBlue would bring back the non-stop from Boston at a reasonable rate, the trip would have been PERFECTION! It was pretty close!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank vacationlover5678
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We spent the school vacation week at the Marriott Ocean Club in Aruba and found it to be relaxing and very accommodating. Despite the "high season" it did not appear overly crowded or congested. The Marriott does a nice job of keeping things clean and fresh in general. The Aruban people in our experience were very friendly, happy and genuine. Getting a spot on the beach with the Palapa reservations was pretty simple and very necessary for the hot sun and I am a sun lover. Overall, who can complain about perfect weather, bathtub like water and lazy afternoons with cold beer as well as a multitude of available water sports at your fingertips. Our family really enjoyed the nearby Moomba Beach Bar and Restaurant, as well as La Vista in the Marriott Hotel and the ice cream in the Ocean Club snack shop.

So, why not for everyone? First anyone traveling to Aruba particularly from November to April should understand that this is an overwhelmingly popular destination for Americans and particularly Americans from the Northeast. If you are going for a little culture, history or for a "different" island experience I would suggest somewhere else. Again, Aruba is wonderful-great food, great beaches and nice people-but is is very homogenized at this point. Eat, drink, sun, swim to excess-repeat.... Second, it is very expensive as everything is imported and nothing save Aloe is grown on the island. Third, other than the coasts much of Aruba is very unattractive and poorly planned out. Many vacant lots, damaged buildings and areas that appear to have started development but never got finished. Finally, to those that go to gamble-as there are a number of casinos on the island in actually in the Marriott as well. Please save your money. If you have ever been to Vegas, Atlantic City, Foxwoods or even any number of larger U.S. casinos you will be very dissappointed in the second rate facilities in Aruba. The Marriott Stellaris didnt even have a craps table.
But I digress...The Ocean Club and our experience was very nice and relaxing and for those interested in a trip that combines sun, fun and sand it is still highly recommended by this trip advisor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have the best view of the ocean above the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family