stayed at ocean club for 5 nites...had a wonderful time..room was perfect...2 couples in a 2bdrm unit..we shopped at ling and son, b4 we arrived at hotel. asked taxi driver to make a pit stop..no problem..forgot to buy our booze at the duty free store at airport, so bought it at ling and sons..had brkfst and lunch at our unit, went out (outside hotel) every night for dinner. once we arrived i went right over to conceirge to make reservations for dinner at chalet suisse, flying fishbone, madame janettes, papiamento, & screaming eagle. Loved flying fishbone, long taxi ride there and back, but well worth it. Chalet suisse was also nice, didnt love madame janettes, ambiance was nice but lots of big parties around us, and food was just so so, screaming eagle was the least liked for everyone in our party, very shi shi, and meals were very luke warm, even when i asked him to reheat it...they didnt reheat, they gave me another dish of same meal...ugg, so i ate it. Papiamento was our most favorite...sitting at tables around a pool with lights and wonderful landscaping all around, food was very good.
well took a day to get used to the routine of the palapas..but we faired very well...had to pay but it was better than getting up at 7 am or sooner to stand in line for the towel hut to open and reserve one.
i havent been to aruba for 8 yrs, last time there...the motor boats were very loud...they are not so close anymore to beach so it was much better.
we didnt have best room for viewing, 1st floor way all way near the stores., but it was fine...we spent most time at bch.
we didnt get into town on time...by the time we arrived all stores had closed...ck b4 u go into town...
staff was frndly, i would def go back, but im not a creature of habit...walked by the riu palace..looks awesome...i want to try that next time...
the one thing i didnt like about the beach ..was walking along all the beach front hotels...for the most part there is a paved walkway, that travels all the way down the beach except for one spot in front of a restaurant (bar) and holiday inn...had to walk thru sand...it would be nice if they could fix that little issue for those that like to power walk.
taxi fare adds up...next time id prob rent a car..at hotel...to get a small one. and taxi back and forth to hotel from airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among beautiful Palm Beach is the immaculate Marriott's Aruba Surf Club. With a variety of on-site activities, filling your day with fun is no obstacle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach