Date January 15, 2008
We have just returned from a week at Casa Del Mar where we rented a two bedroom timeshare for my family of five-3 twenty-somethings and 2 middle aged parents. The Casa Del Mar is situated on a beautiful beach in the lowrise area. The unit itself was spacious enough however it was in dire need of updating. There was a moldy mildew smell our first night there, and after reporting it , and after the staff sprayed the unit, it became tolerable. We found the previous occupant's clothing in the master bedroom bureau drawers.
There appeared to be predominantly senior citizens staying at the Casa Del Mar. Alot of folks reserved their pool lounges early in the a.m. and then took off for hours to play cards or bingo. After observing 2 loungechairs vacant for over 2 hours, we decided to sit in them, only to be told by a watchdog old woman, that they were reserved for people who were at the casino across the street. Something should be done about the policy regarding loungechairs.
All in all our Aruba vacation was very nice due to beautiful weather, good dining, and the fact that we rented a car so that we could leave the premises when we wanted, as there was little entertainment or activity at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Del Mar Beach Resort & Timeshare Aruba. World famous for its beautiful white sandy beach and gorgeous blue-green Caribbean water, the resort is ideal for family vacations, a romantic honeymoon, water sports or just a relaxing getaway. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Casa Del Mar Aruba Beach Club Resort
- Casa Del Mar Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach