“VERY NICE”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lakeland, Florida
“VERY NICE”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We went to J.H. Yee's last night for dinner and were not disappointed. I had calamari as an appetizer and shrimp lo mein as my main dish. both were excellent and served piping hot. My wife had egg drop soup and some meat and shrimp dish....Again, it was good as there was nothing left on either plate. The only thing I can complain about is ....I was 2/3rds the way through my appetizer and the main course came out. It went back so they wasted some food, not my problem. It was good and I will return, but will advise the server NOT to bring the main dishes until we have completed our appetizers.

• Visited January 2014

Toronto, Canada
“super food,super service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had a large group of people(20) and they handled it very very good.Food was superb. We ordered everything from soups,chicken,beef,noodles,rice you name it we did it. Food was on the table in no time and was sooooo tasty and fresh made. Service was super and servers was super friendly. Highly recomended

Visited January 2014
Noord, Aruba
“Anyone who thinks this is a good Asian restaurant hasn't eaten good Asian food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I ate at this restaurant to try it out after the restaurant we wanted to go to (House of Japan) was under renovation.

I preface this review acknowledging that, in most cases, sushi/maki/sashimi should be eaten at a Japanese restaurant and not a Chinese restaurant. In any case, we wanted to give it a shot - so we ate Chinese for dinner and sampled sushi/maki for an app.

For starters, we were promptly greeted and given a decent table for 2 by the window. Our waitress arrived within acceptable timing and took our drink order. Our drinks (green tea and beer) arrived promptly along with a bowl of noodles and duck sauce for dipping (typical). Not bad. We ordered the spicy tuna roll and a rainbow roll as appetizers in order to get a feel for the quality of the fish. I also ordered wonton soup and my husband ordered the lettuce wraps for appetizers. The wonton soup/lettuce wraps arrived first. The wonton soup was served with what looked to be the leftover vegetables of the day chopped up, but in all honesty, the soup was yummy. The wontons were awesome and full of flavor. The lettuce wraps, on the other hand, were a cheap knock-off of the P.F. Chang fame. In other words, skip the lettuce wraps if you are expecting them to taste like P.F. Chang's.

The sushi arrived next. It looked okay, but nothing special. We both started with a bite of the spicy tuna roll. 1. The restaurant uses horrible soy sauce that completely overpowers the fish. 2. Despite supposedly being a "spicy" tuna roll, the roll was flavorless (and practically colorless). We moved on to the rainbow roll and were equally disappointed. The rainbow roll is an easy test for maki considering it is covered in sashimi of various fish. Every fish (including the shrimp) were practically tasteless. We knew better, but gave it a try anyway. Do yourself a favor and skip the sushi altogether. If you are stubborn and are going to try it anyway, and you like it, you're crazy and haven't eaten REAL quality sushi/maki/sashimi.

Dinner arrived after our maki and it was ok. I ordered the Happy Family and my husband the BBQ pork lo mein. The Happy Family was served with white rice and tasted barely average. The lo mein was of equal (lack of) flavor and had maybe two pieces of pork in it.

We will NOT be going back - ever!

For those who aren't convinced and still willing to try this place: Portion size overall is very good. There is a 15% service charge added to the bill which one can argue is justified by the decent service. Our water was filled continuously without us having to ask and our food arrived timely and warm. Upon entering the restaurant there are black books "The Best of Aruba" which you also will find over the rest of the island. In the inside cover, there is a Best of Aruba card. Use it at this restaurant for a 10% discount from your entire bill.

• Visited January 2014
“Great service. Good food”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Clean and comfortable. Service exceptional. Food very good especially the szechuan beef. Jakarta shrimp fresh but sauce was not best. We will go back

Visited December 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

So many choices. Ample portions. Great Service and ambiance completed this delicious meal. We will definitely return.

• Visited December 2013