“Not what I expected, but not bad.”

J.H. Yee's Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We went to dinner here as our moms wanted Asian food on our Aruba trip. Though the food was not bad, it certainly was not the best meal I had in Aruba. The service was good. The ambiance could have been better. I wouldn't say anything about it, but I wouldn't say I disliked anything about it. It was just mediocre.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This one was of the best meals my husband and I had while visiting Aruba for our 10th anniversary. The food was fresh and very flavorful. The prices were also reasonable. They have a good variety of food and drink selections. The service was very good. The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. He even brought out warm towels to freshen up with before and after the meal. The atmosphere was also very nice. It's more of an upscale Asian restaurant. The only thing I may change is the portion size. I would have liked a little more. We would definitely go back!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Food was ok, a bit disappointed about what I received. I ordered some sort of chicken ( don't know the name anymore). I received a lot of chicken, with a small bowl of white steamed rice but that was it. And no other side dishes or sauce. When we were done we received the bill without asking and the waitress kept waiting on a small distance from our table.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went to this place, based on the overwhelming good reviews. But, I guess I wasn't impressed. The good was good and they do make a decent drink. The place has a very nice decor. But the service needs adjustment. They staff was nice enough, but that's we're it ended. They need to be trained in operating in a fast passed restaurant. As Americans, we want fast attentive service and we are willing to pay for it. It took about 15 minutes to get menus after being seated. Then another 10 to order drinks and 15 more minutes to receive them. Once we got our drinks, I could see where this was going, so I seized the moment and ordered our food. Needless to say, over 30 minutes later we got our meals. They were very good, I have to say. I know I'm on vacation, but really!!!! Our dining experience there, took,over 2 hours!!! That's just not me....... I think this place has been open over a year now....Come on let's get with it. You could have a great restaurant here. Just lean on the staff more and train them in basic restaurant techniques. You can see that they are like fish out of water......... All said, I will give it another try, on our next trip here......I was not a total disaster.......

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. They have an outdoor patio on the second level (above Hard Rock Cafe) with a nice view of the entertainment district.