“Not good”
Review of Hollywood Smokehouse - CLOSED

Hollywood Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Recently relocating to the low-rise hotel area at Alhambra Casino & Shops in Eagle Beach, Hollywood Smokehouse is the island's only smokehouse where we are "doin' it low and slow" over hickory and apple wood. Classic barbecue favorites include pulled pork, beef brisket, and ribs, and our award-winning tacos that gave us our first place win in Battle of the Food Trucks. Catering also available for groups. Our mixologist has created one of the most unique craft cocktail menus in Aruba, featuring our signature Bourbonwood Lemonade made with fresh lemonade, blackberries, Elderflower, and agave.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I both had the half rack of ribs. They were supposed to be baby back ribs but tasted more like regular spare ribs. There was not a lot of meat and the meat was not juicy and tender like we are used to. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.

islandlife65, Owner at Hollywood Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

We are sorry you did not enjoy your baby back ribs. I can assure you that they were not "regular spare ribs," as you stated. Rib aficionados can easily identify the difference between baby backs and spare ribs by the bones and size of the rack. That being said, each rack of ribs is unique--we often get racks in a case that we do not serve because they were butchered too thin or do not appear meaty enough. Unfortunately it sounds like you may have gotten a less than great rack split between you and your wife that slipped through our inspection. Again, apologies.
I think I speak for many restaurant owners when I say that it is more productive to communicate with the staff (rather than complaining here) when your dining experience falls short--often this can be remedied in a matter of minutes--leaving you feeling satisfied with your meal and the restaurant happy to have another satisfied guest. Our servers check back to verify all is well with your meal--had we known you were not happy with your half slab it would have been replaced immediately...but when you tell a server all is fine and then walk out and complain after the fact--well, it's too late: what could have easily been a win/win situation for us all became a lose/lose situation for everyone.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were a family of 5 visiting - 3 adults, 1 teenager and 1 child. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. The food was lovely - everyone was extremely happy with the food they were served. Prices were also very reasonable when compared with other restaurants on the island, especially given location. The cocktails are also reasonable and very good - especially their signature Bourbonwood cocktail. Will definitely visit again when I'm in Aruba!

islandlife65, Manager at Hollywood Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

We are pleased to serve you and your family here at Hollywood. It's great to hear everyone was happy with their food, the Bourbonwood has been our best selling cocktail so far and we love to get positive feedback on it. Looking forward to having you and your family dine with us again on your next trip!

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

While on a visit to Aruba with my family we had a great meal at the Hollywood Smoke House the food was awesome and the crew were top notch they knew their products made great recommendation VERY ! Friendly we even met with the owners Mike and Tina they asked how we liked everything told the we loved it all and would definitely would be back on our next visit the smoked grouper with the black beans is a must if you go there Keep on keeping guys and gals of the Hollywood Smoke House Great Job !!!!!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

It has been open a short time; never heard of them in San Nicolas, but this was our 42 trip to Aruba and we enjoyed them for time #1 just last week. Tonight, we go again!

Now, the meat is great! I mean I am from Tennessee and my wife is a Texan--we know BBQ!

But, here are some suggestions:

1. Make the sides more generous--too small.

2. Consider adding bread with entrée.

3. BBQ sauce was very good, but a tad too thin--make it thicker.

4. Not sure about eating off paper for BBQ beef at $18.95 (I think....) Perhaps consider a real plate.....take a poll-----I am not sure if people care or not....

VERY Good BBQ!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We just got back from a week long trip to Aruba. We were thrilled to rediscover the Hollywood Smokehouse that is in the Alhambra Casino mall. We ate at the original location is San Nicholas a few years ago. Now we are within walking distance (from Divi). The BBQ is not only delicious, but is very affordable. We ate there 2 times. Try all the smoked meats, lettuce wraps are a great low-carb option. We loved the beef brisket and pulled pork The sauces are homemade and delicious. In addition, the service is really good too - very attentive. They have some fabulous, unusual drinks too. Blackberry Lemonade is refreshing and the Zesty Basilista were my favs. Shout out to AJ. woohoo - can't wait to come back next year!