“Outstanding Barbecue”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hollywood Smokehouse - CLOSED

Hollywood Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Recently relocating to the low-rise hotel area at Alhambra Casino & Shops in Eagle Beach, Hollywood Smokehouse is the island's only smokehouse where we are "doin' it low and slow" over hickory and apple wood. Classic barbecue favorites include pulled pork, beef brisket, and ribs, and our award-winning tacos that gave us our first place win in Battle of the Food Trucks. Catering also available for groups. Our mixologist has created one of the most unique craft cocktail menus in Aruba, featuring our signature Bourbonwood Lemonade made with fresh lemonade, blackberries, Elderflower, and agave.
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding Barbecue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

We read Hollywood Smokehouse in various forums and glad we decided to stop by and have lunch. We enjoyed so much we went back a couple of days later. My wife ordered the combo platter with two meats and two sides and I the three meats with two sides. This enabled us to sample their entire menu( good old fashion South Carolina BQ). It was outstanding. They have been open only 10 weeks! Mike the owner was very cordial and talked with us extensively. Ask him about the history of his location. We will return on our next visit to Aruba.

Miami, Florida
“Eating here and LOVING it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

I head to San Nicolas area several times during my yearly trip to Aruba because I dive with JADS...several locals recommended the new hot spot to eat in the area--the Hollywood...we love it! Perfect food and casual ambiance for our after-dive lunch. Its fun to people watch too because lots of locals were in there for lunch. We will be having drinks and dinner in the Hollywood bar (next door) one night also later this week.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Mmm Mmm GOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

We ordered every meat they had!!! The pulled pork and brisket were the best!! The sauces are yummy too. Good place to go get some good BBQ after a sunny day at the beach. The folks that run the place are super nice too!!! Very good service!!!!

Burlington, Canada
“Mmmmmmm! Simply The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have had the extreme pleasure of eating at Hollywoods Smokehouse in Aruba....The Best Smoked meats & Pulled Pork I have ever had! The Coleslaw is killer good!! I would eat there daily if I was not so far away! I will be back in November and when we get off the plane...you know where I will be headed to eat!!
Eat there, and you'll see.......just how wonderful the Food & the Owners are!!

• Visited March 2011
cincinnati ohio
“Hollywood Smokehouse Diner-NOT TO BE MISSED!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

This restaurant was one of the major highlights of our first trip to Aruba. The food here is incredible! The owners, Mike and Tina, are very cool and incredibly nice people. They make you feel comfortable and at home. Here's a few of the really neat things about the restaurant: classic rock playing in the background, locals sitting around talking, and the owners always there to check and make sure you are enjoying yourself. A very nice, down to earth relaxed vibe.

Okay, the food. This was the best bbq brisket we have ever had. EVER! Too delicious for words.The pulled pork was incredibly tasty, and the smoked sausage with grilled onions was outstanding as well. The potato salad(mustard style), baked beans, cole slaw and fries were the perfect accompaniment, and quite yummy. My mouth is watering as I write this.

Now to the desserts. The desserts are HOMEMADE! The selections can vary each day, but trust me...order whatever is available. We had lunch here twice, and ordered our desserts to go. Day one: 4 gigantic chocolate chip pecan cookies fresh out the oven. They didn't make it back to our room...which was on the other side of the island at Eagle Beach!
Day two: Another cookie and this time 4 chocolate chip cupcakes with a light , whipped buttercream frosting topped with toasted pecans. Again, the desserts did not make it back to our room! Although this is gluttonous behavior, it is also a testament to how outstanding the food is. We can't wait to go back next visit. Truly awesome place, so go and enjoy some excellent Southern style bbq!

1 Thank stinky2