“Avoid Spa Del Sol at Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa”
Review of Spa del Sol

Spa del Sol
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Avoid Spa Del Sol at Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I decided to go and get a massage today. We looked online for a nice spa to go to and also got a recommendation from the owner of the place we are staying. She recommended Spa Del Sol. It received pretty good comments on Trip Advisor, so I decided to try it.
It is quite beautiful, right on the beach and they do the massages in a cabana that faces the water. I thought, "this is going to be heaven". They get you to take a shower first and change into a robe that they provide. Once the room is ready, you go in and you can see the water because the curtain is open but....... everyone can also see inside the cabana from the beach. There is little to no privacy!! I know the culture is different here, but they should take into consideration everyones comfort zone. The woman who was doing the massage, asked me to take off the robe. She did not close the curtains, she held up a towel and that was it for me to strip off the robe and get on a table, while she watched! I thought....ok a little uncomfortable but I can handle this. Then she started the massage, this is when I was like WTF!! They claim that the massage "removes energy blockages and increases blood flow", she started at my feet!! I have never been so disappointed with a massage in my life.....EVER, as I was with this one.
First of all, I took massage therapy and can tell you, they are not using RMT...these are woman who slather on some oil and run there hands over your body!! Thats it!! She used no recognized techniques, she broke contact with my body on dozens of occasions and went to answer the door twice during my massage!!! She also did the whole massage downward, if you want to increase bloodflow, as they claim, you massage upward, toward the heart!! It was supposed to be a relaxation massage and she was doing pressure points (or trying to do) and stripping on my spine!!! She was even trying to do pressure points on the top of my skull!! I should have got right up and left and told the manager that I was absolutly disgusted with the fact that they charged me $92.00 for someone who is not a registered massage therapist but can't even give a proper massage!!! I could have given my husband a bottle of oil and let him have a go and it probably would have been better!!
Please, avoid this place at all cost....because in the end...you are the one paying!!!
I am not only out $92.00 but I feel worse than before I went.... : (