“Aqua Windies the place to go for diving in Aruba”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Windies

Aqua Windies
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Windie's is a unique Aquatic Fitness and Scuba Diving Center on Aruba, with there own half Olympic size swimming pool and Scuba Retail Shop, conveniently located near Aruba's low rise hotels.For our diving and snorkeling activities we provide free shuttle services from and to your hotel and we have free highspeed WIFI for all our customers.For your safety, diving is done in small groups only.
London, United Kingdom
“Aqua Windies the place to go for diving in Aruba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My son and I did a short refresher since we had not gone diving for a few years and then went out to a beautiful reef. For the next 6 days my son (certified advanced diver) went daily with the wonderful friendly staff on dives to different types of wrecks in small groups. The diving crew, the shop staff and the cafe staff could not have been nicer and helpful. He felt part of the Aqua Windies family. I can not recommend it enough! Great staff and great diving!

Visited December 2013
WindiesAruba, Manager at Aqua Windies, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
We are happy to be considered part of your Aruban family. Your son gives us as much joy as we give him, so it is very nice and comfortable to be with him.

Farmington, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We recently completed our OW certification with Aqua Windies while on our honeymoon in Aruba. It was an amazing experience! The staff at the shop were helpful and very professional. The restaurant next door caters to divers, always had free hot coffee ready for us in the morning and a cold beer and lunch when we got back. Sjoerd was our instructor for our first two dives and took great care of us! He was very patient and an excellent teacher. Never felt rushed or embarrassed, even after struggling with my snorkel on the very first skill! The next two dives were with Ray who was equally amazing! They both pointed out neat things under water we would have otherwised missed. I always felt very safe underwater and on the boat. Our captain was very helpful too, helping us get our equipment set up (much different on a boat then next to the pool). On our dive with Ray we got a nice long dive with a friendly sea turtle. We enjoyed our dives so much we booked a second 2 tank boat dive a few days later. Brian was our guide this time and was also excellent. We dove the Jane Sea wreck which was the highlight of our trip! Such an amazing wreck! Thank you to Aqua Windies and our wonderful guides for an awesome experience, we can't wait to visit again!

Visited November 2013
Thank you for all the great compliments, it makes us really happy !
We hope to be part of your Scuba experiences in years to come !

Westfield, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“only shop that we will use when in aruba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

My wife and I are new divers. Aqua Windies had profession and patient instructors that made our dive time a great experience. What was appreciated was that the diver excursions are limited to only so many divers, giving us a personal experience. Rick & Liz from Boston,,,,

Visited December 2013
Glad you enjoyed diving with us, now guest can read that it is not only beginners that enjoy diving with us but also the more experienced. We hope to welcome you again !

Los Angeles
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Team and Fantastic Dive Operation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I chanced on Aqua Windies after I struck out at several other dive shops. They are located very close to the low rise hotels and happy to provide transportation if needed.

The team at the shop were very friendly and helpful. I was setup with a couple shore dives at my request and had a great time. I decided to try their boat dive excursions and had a fantastic time and booked a third outing the next day. The team worked very well at the shop and on the boat. Raymond was kind enough to assist with a dead car battery after one of the dives and was great on the boats and in the water.

I don't like to be sheparded around in the water and the dive masters did a great job of pointing out the cool stuff without being intrusive to the dives. Great Wreaks every day!!!

All the divers on the trips were happy with the outings and had a great time.

There is also a cafe next door to the shop. The owner (Ed) was great with the divers and the two operations complimented each other.

I will definitely use Aqua Windies the next time I am in Aruba.

Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Went Way Out of Their Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband, Derek, and I planned to dive with Aqua Windies on the 12th of November (2013) and the dive instructor/guide, Sjoerd, informed us that visibility would be poor and gave us the option to reschedule. We appreciated his honesty; other dive centers would have just taken our money and said, "Oh well." Sjoerd was happy to let us decide what we wanted to do. We needed an easy refresher dive so Sjoerd took just the two of us to Malmok for a short, shallow dive. He could've easily had the afternoon off but packed us up and went out anyway. That was pretty nice. I should mention that I was in a complete rush because I left my 17 month old daughter at the resort with family and just didn't want to be away from her. But Sjoerd was so fun and personable that I relaxed and was able to enjoy myself. We loved it so much we dove again with him the following day. Sjoerd knew I'd be anxious about leaving the baby so he arranged to drive over to Mangel Halto alone and meet us there. I got to drive with the family, including the baby, and they got to be there and be a part of our dive preparations. They waited on shore as Sjoerd gave us an amazing tour of the reef and wreck (The Kappel boat). Sjoerd, on behalf of Aqua Windies, took great care of us and I appreciate him going out of his way to accommodate my needs. They have swimming and aqua fitness classes, too. The Aqua Spinning class was $10 and was a fun workout. Windie, the instructor, was motivational and upbeat. I highly recommend this dive center/aquatics facility. Thanks, Sjoerd, for a wonderful 2 days. -Melissa & Derek