“An experience not to be missed!”

Carte Blanche Restaurant
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Carte Blanche is a restaurant for foodies, people who are open minded for an exquisite fine dinning experience, without limitations. Carte Blanche features a 14-seat elegant bar in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The highlight of the restaurant is Chef Dennis van Daatselaar cooking right in front of you a 5-course Carte Blanche dinner known as a “chef surprise”. Alongside him is Maitre d’ Glen Bonset pairing wines and mixing premium drinks
Hanover Park,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An experience not to be missed!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a fine dining experience, which also just might be the highlight of your time in Aruba!
Chef Dennis does an excellent job of combining flavors into an appealing and absolutely delicious multi-course culinary treat. Add in the wine pairing which is handled skillfully and professionally by Glen and you have a recipe for an evening full of great food, good fun and an overall experience which is simply second to none.
If you are unsure about trying this, go ahead and test yourself and make the reservation. You will not be disappointed.
Simply put, this was the most enjoyable single dining experience of our lives!!!

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Fine dining with a personal style”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This will be our 4th year visiting Cart Blanche. The excellent food is prepared while you watch. Each food course is thoughtfully paired with a choice wine.There is lots of fun interaction between the chef, the sommelier and the 7 choice couples who were lucky enough to secure a reservation.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank spirolli
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food and Atomsphere”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Got of the waitlist last minute and was able to go with my boyfriend and mom for a late mother's day celebration. Was unsure what to expect, but it was better than we could imagine. It was liek being at a private dinner party, we did the wine pairing with Glen, which is totally worth it considering it is a 5 course tasting menu, and we were there about 4 hours. Its not one glass per menu item, and you are able to get extra glasses of wines you like with no charge. The meal was excellent, I would say they food was perfect amount for each course. Earthy, flavorful courses, made with fresh ingredients. Fun to see the chef cook and explain courses. Although it is a place for "foodies", there is no crazy foods such as liver, frog legs, other secret ingredients one would grimace at like on the Food Network show "Chopped". Our meal consistent of duck, pork, and variety of fresh fish. Definitely recommend to everyone. It does help to call when you get on the island... Dont have a phone in Aruba? use Skype to call from your cellphone or make other arrangements, you have to understand that they don't want empty seats when seating is already so limited.

2 Thank ash1eigh23
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Try It You Will Like It”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I really enjoyed the dishes which where perfectly matched for the wine selections. Will try this dining experience again on our next trip.

Visited June 2014
Summerfield, North Carolina
“The best dining experience in Aruba”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was our second trip to Aruba, so we knew we should look at reviews for restaurants and make reservations in advance of our trip. The island has more good restaurants than a couple can experience in one vacation. The reviews for Carte Blanche were overwhelmingly positive so we made our reservations three months in advance. Fortunately we stayed at Tara & Bucuti (perfection for couples looking to relax on the best beach in Aruba) and were flexible on the evening.

I was a little apprehensive about spending $340 before tip for dinner and wine when I know there are great meals to be had elsewhere on the island for much less. I am so glad that I reserved our dinner at Carte Blanche. I have eaten all over the world (except Antarctica) and have not had a better experience anywhere. Dennis (chef) and Glenn (drink master) has created a perfect setting for a couple to enjoy a great meal and good company while being entertained and educated. At the end of the four hours, we wondered where the time had gone and wished we could stay. I could rave about the many courses and enjoyable wine pairings but it would not do justice to what was experienced. Much like Aruba itself, photos are not enough, one must experience it in person. The same is true for Carte Blanche.

Perhaps this is the best compliment I can give Dennis and Glenn, the following night I was outside the restaurant waiting on my wife as we were headed elsewhere for dinner when that night's dinners were arriving. I offered a $100 for anyone's seat… unfortunately no one would take my offer. I would have offered more but knew it was futile.

Last, I should share that my wife is a very picky eater who only enjoys red wines. She was completely satisfied as each course had something she could enjoy and Glenn's selections of wines help her expand her taste for wine.

If dinner is your evening, then it would be your loss not to dine with Glenn and Dennis while in Aruba.

1 Thank Mark Y