“Amazing Culinary Adventure”

Carte Blanche Restaurant
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Carte Blanche is a restaurant for foodies, people who are open minded for an exquisite fine dinning experience, without limitations. Carte Blanche features a 14-seat elegant bar in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The highlight of the restaurant is Chef Dennis van Daatselaar cooking right in front of you a 5-course Carte Blanche dinner known as a “chef surprise”. Alongside him is Maitre d’ Glen Bonset pairing wines and mixing premium drinks
North Merrick, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Culinary Adventure”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A unique dining experience exquisitely executed in perfect harmony by Chef Dennis and Sommelier Glenn. The décor is all at once sensual and inviting; the scene set for a unique dinner party with interesting guests from around the world. Dennis and Glenn were most gracious Hosts, introducing each of us and putting all at ease with their casual banter and warm personalities, The open style crescent moon table opened up to an immaculate kitchen where we were treated to a spectacular view of a master at work. Dennis painted a portrait with each dish that tantalized all the senses!!! Glenn complimented every morsel with a global variety of wines and captivating info relating to each. He even treated us to a taste of His favorite Pinot Noir! Each course was a crescendo to the next, bringing the palette to the next level of unbelievable flavor heights. Starting with an Amuse-Bouche of lobster bisque, my taste buds were immediately awakened! His signature Grouper Ceviche should always be served along with the rare tuna! it just melted on the tongue. The goat cheese was better than any I have had in Paris! and the Chilean Sea Bass, light and smooth served with homemade pasta puttanesca . . . to die for. A perfectly cooked medium rare NY Strip was the epitome of how steak should be prepared. The demi-glace was heaven! I would kill to take a gallon of that home. The final act: I have never met a Tiramisu that I have liked. I have searched the Earth. Dennis was able to deliver a Tiramisu that I cannot stop dreaming about!!! and the Port paired with it was infinitely perfect! Thank you Dennis and Glenn for making our Anniversary special and memorable. BRAVO, Carte Blanche! We WILL be back!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Christine M

Santa Rosa, California
“Dining Experience of a LIFETIME!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were in Aruba for our honeymoon this past July, and we were told by friends that Carte Blanche was the place to be. So, I attempted to make reservations in March. We were waitlisted, but I remained hopeful. We hadn't heard anything upon arriving, but inquired the morning of our first day and found out there had been a cancellation! We were BEYOND thrilled.

Let me just say-- we set the bar VERY high by going to Carte Blanche our first night in town. But I am so glad we did. We had such a great time with the concept-- we met a fabulous couple that we continued to connect with throughout our trip! Glen was fantastic and his conversation and his wine pairings were exquisite. The food was flawless-- and the chef's signature grouper ceviche was exceptional.

If you have dietary restrictions, either don't bother, or get over it. There is no way you are getting in unless you are open to trying anything. And trust me, YOU WANT to be open to anything. Because everything you put in our mouth is going to be phenomenal. So inquire quickly and get on that list! You won't want to miss it!

1 Thank KatelynMeier33
Exton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful Dining”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We love their new space at Bucuti. We had to walk 20 feet from our elevator for dinner. The food is amazing and the decor is wonderful. It's more pricey and a bit more formal than 2 Fools and a Bull, but still fun. The seating is more of an arc than a U, so you mostly converse with those seated to your right or left.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DonTucker
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Unique dining experience”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Dennis and Glen really know how to do it. They were so entertaining, engaging, and nice. Glen introduced all the diners to each other and gave out rose petals to those celebrating something special. Some of the dishes were brilliant, some just okay, but the overall experience is what made this one of the most memorable meals I have ever had the pleasure of attending. I will definitely return here if I ever go to Aruba again. The price was $250 before tip (I didn't do the wine pairing, but my bf did). Dinner started at 7 and we left there around 11:30, so plan on making a whole night out of it. Also, the restaurant is located at the Bucuti Beach resort. Make reservations as soon as you book your plane tickets as they fill up several months in advance. If you make reservations online I would also email them or call right away to confirm that their online reservation system recorded your reservation.

2 Thank Iszie
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of the best dining experiences of our lives!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We love this restaurant... The concept is so different than anything we've ever experienced before. 15 people around a bar being served by a world renowned chef and sommelier is something you don't get to experience every day - that's for sure. The food was out of this world, the wine was perfectly paired and the company was fantastic. Love Dennis and Glen - they made the dinner so special along with the other guests, who we now are happy to call friends. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves food and is willing to try something a little unconventional.

1 Thank GeneralManager2013