“A superb Rest. in Aruba!!”

Carte Blanche Restaurant
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Carte Blanche is a restaurant for foodies, people who are open minded for an exquisite fine dinning experience, without limitations. Carte Blanche features a 14-seat elegant bar in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The highlight of the restaurant is Chef Dennis van Daatselaar cooking right in front of you a 5-course Carte Blanche dinner known as a “chef surprise”. Alongside him is Maitre d’ Glen Bonset pairing wines and mixing premium drinks
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the best Gourmet Rest. in the Island !!!! You will have fun in a nice place and the food it´s the best !! you wont be disappointed !! You get Five courses and every single one of them were delicious !!! The cevicie (their signature dish) was unique, excellent !! The "White Asparagus" from Holland, the best I ever tried !! the entree of filet mignon was cooked to perfection and the taste was even better !!! You get the option of 2 desserts (both were delicious!!!) The part of what I love about wine is that pairing it with food is more art than science, and you will notice that here !!! Good job Glenn !!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a MUST on the list of things to do in Aruba. Food is absolutely phenomenal. I highly recommend the wine pairing - best wine pairing I've ever had. We could truly appreciate the way the flavors of the food and wine complemented each other. Ambiance is perfect, Dennis and Glen are hilarious and excellent at what they do. Seriously worth every penny!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just came back from Aruba and Carte Blanche is a CANNOT MISS for anyone who loves and enjoys food and looking for an amazing experience. This became one of the most special parts of my trip and I have been bragging to anyone and everyone about this. Do not miss this place if you can get a reservation. Great experience, great food, great wine, great conversation- A++

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had dinner at Carte Blanche - our 3rd year in a row - been there every year its been open ..We're from New Jersey .. stay every year at Raddison 10th in a row .. Dennis & Glenn still great hosts .. its like being with family .. great interaction with other guests each year.. Dennis' food preparations excellent & delicious .. Glenn makes us laugh .. while price is high expect to pay $300 or more with tip, you get your money's worth..Glenn didn't disappoint with his Dutch Chocolate Martinis & good wine selection for my wife since we don't do the wine pairing.. The one disappointment was poor coffee as I like that with my dessert .. only luke warm, not good solid tatsting .. more like a weak creamy mix.. so I would not recommend ordering coffee there .. however we'll certainly be back next year .. the new location is 1000 times better then where they started at the Mill

2  Thank Joe P
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a sixteen seat gourmet experience not to be missed. You need a reservation 3-6 months in advance based on word of mouth recommendations (little or no advertising). We called two months in advance and were placed on a short waiting list. The second night of our vacation we received notice of a last minute cancellation and jumped at the chance to take their place. Were we every right!! That evening the sixteen guests included three honeymooning couples from Philadelphia PA, Canton Ohio and Milan Italy. By the end of the evening the couples were all planning to meet here again for their one year anniversay. The evening is orchastrated by Denis (your chef and host) and Glen (your wine sommilier). While serving the courses and accompanying wine they engaged every couple in cross conversations that ended up involving the entire group. You left feeling that you just made fourteen new best friends while enjoying a fantastic meal and wine pairing together.

This is a "safe" gourmet experience, ie: cevicie (signature dish) and seared tuna, sliced duck breast (particularly good), an entree of filet mignon (cooked to perfection), and two choices for dessert (both delicious). This is not the best meal I've ever eaten (that still goes to Charlie Trotter's in Chicago-now closed) but this is the most enjoyable restaurant evenings my wife and I can remember. If you carefully read the rest of the reviews of this restaurant you will find that the only negative reviews were from people who couldn't get a reservation. Enough said.

3  Thank FamilyMan13