“The highlight of our trip.”

Carte Blanche Restaurant
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Carte Blanche is a restaurant for foodies, people who are open minded for an exquisite fine dinning experience, without limitations. Carte Blanche features a 14-seat elegant bar in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The highlight of the restaurant is Chef Dennis van Daatselaar cooking right in front of you a 5-course Carte Blanche dinner known as a “chef surprise”. Alongside him is Maitre d’ Glen Bonset pairing wines and mixing premium drinks
Fresno, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of our trip.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After reading a bunch of reviews on Trip Advisor, we knew that this was a dining experience we would enjoy. As such, our expectations were very high.With out a doubt, Dennis, Glen and the whole concept of Carte Blanche exceeded our expectations. The food prepared by Chef Dennis was fantastic, presentation interesting and unique. The opportunity to get to know our dining companions added to our enjoyment of the dining experience. And on top of all this, is Glen. He does so much, but never appears to be rushed. His choice of wines paired perfectly with each course and all the banter with the guests was great fun. We arrived at 7:00 and we were shocked to find it after 11:00 when we got up to say our good-byes. We haven't decided yet if we will ever return to Aruba. If we do, we will definitely return to Carte Blanche!

New York, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Perfect Dining Experience”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I are in Aruba celebrating the impending birth of our first child. A friend told us about Carte Blanche and even before we arrived we were excited to go based upon what we were told. The actual dining experience far exceeded our expectations (which were already pretty high). Being from NYC we often eat out at different restaurants; however, Carte Blanche was unlike anything we have ever experienced! Dennis and Glen make you feel so welcome, the food is fantastic, and the vibe is very welcoming and fun. We will absolutely be making Carte Blanch a "must do" whenever we come back to Aruba.

1 Thank Lindsey32685
NE Ohio
“Had a GREAT time!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a great time at carte Blanche. When we return to aruba, we will definitely return. The concept is so smart. Love the idea of meeting a small group and feeling like we have new friends in US and Canada. Forget the reviews from "foodies" - they are missing the point. The dinner is great - Dennis produced seven (?) different dishes paired with multiple wines. Of course they aren't $100 bottles - they do not need to be. In all, this was a highlight of the trip. Dennis and glen should be very proud of their concept and their work. Do not hesitate to go.

1 Thank NEohiotraveler
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A true dining experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Carte Blanche was such a treat for both my wife and I. We spent the week in Aruba for our Honeymoon and went to Carte Blanche on October 10. We made reservations quite a bit in advance to guarantee that we had seats available. As each of the previous reviewers have stated in their own way, this is truly an amazing experience. It is quite expensive compared to most of the other fine dining restaurants on the island. In fact we paid approximately twice as much as we did at restaurants such as Barefoot, Windows on Aruba and Mirandi, and I promise we will do it again when we return to this beautiful island. This cost went to much more than just dinner. Dennis & Glen put on a show.

We arrived at Carte Blanche at 7:00 and departed full and a bit tipsy at 11:30. I could not imagine spending a better 4 ½ hours. Look at it as dinner and a show with all you can eat and drink included in one set price. Watching and interacting with a Chef of Dennis’ caliber is not an everyday occurrence. His skill is quite impressive and he is more than willing to point out both what he is doing and why. He created the perfect meal. I also cannot say enough good things about Glen. Of course you go to a restaurant of this fashion for the food and to see a true artist work, but it is Glen that keeps people comfortable and coming back. Glen has an admirable skill of evaluating which guests need what level of attention and providing such attention. He works a room like no one I have ever seen but in a manner that remains both humble and genuine. He also knows how to pair Dennis’ delicious courses with the perfect wines. My wife and I both went with the wine pairing and I would highly recommend it. There was never a moment when my glass was empty and I can promise you, I was doing my best to drink more quickly than he could pour.

Chef Dennis and Glen have an amazing thing going and I hope they both recognize that they excel at what they do because of the perfect complement between their two distinct personalities. I promise if you go with an open mind you will leave with a feeling that you just had dinner with friends and family. This is an experience not to be missed. Thank you Chef and thank you Glen for an incredible night that we will always remember.

2 Thank PittsburghBeer
Astoria, New York
“AN AMAZING MUST DO, SO RESERVE IN ADVANCE!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I will begin by saying - WOW, WOW & WOW!!!! With that said, there isn't a review or any words that could possibly describe the experience of this place accurately unless you get there in person. Everything about it is outstanding including the 2 stars Dennis & Glen. They work so well together, their personalities, humor and warmth bounce off each other in a way that make you so comfortable, relaxed and really lighten the experience of a very unique and upscale dinner. This is the ultimate in fine dining without the stuffiness of it all, just lots of fun along with excellent food all with a beautiful presentation and absolutely delicious from beginning to end. Prices are not outrageous or ridiculous in any way, we found it to be very fair and have paid much more for much less in NYC - that's for sure.

All of the courses are described in detail by Dennis upon being served and Glen makes a mean Raspberry Martini and his Capuccitini Martini (spelling is probably off on this one but that's because I was cross eyed by the time I was done with it LOL)it is to die for!

It is a very intimate experience, all guests are addressed by first names at all times, you truly feel as if you are dining at their home - and that's a home I'd like to eat at all the time :) It is a total night out, you are not going to be served and rushed out the door, you will be there for a few hours of total bliss. You and your "neighbors" are their only guests for the night and after it's over they personally see you off to say good nite and even chat a bit if you wish. They are both very friendly and open to all questions and all I can say is we cannot wait to get back there.

Carte Blanche has set the bar for dining very high for us - we have talked about that night every night since we were there on October 17, 2012. I wish them nothing but continued success - with all that hard work and personality they so deserve it.

So remember - JUST MAKE THAT RESERVATION AND SEE FOR YOURSELF because you will not be disappointed - but you may get hooked!

2 Thank trizi01