“Amazing”

Carte Blanche Restaurant
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Carte Blanche is a restaurant for foodies, people who are open minded for an exquisite fine dinning experience, without limitations. Carte Blanche features a 14-seat elegant bar in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The highlight of the restaurant is Chef Dennis van Daatselaar cooking right in front of you a 5-course Carte Blanche dinner known as a “chef surprise”. Alongside him is Maitre d’ Glen Bonset pairing wines and mixing premium drinks
Philadelphia
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We went to Carte Blanche in September 2012 for our homeymoon and it was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had. Be prepared to eat, drink and spend a lot, but it is worth every penny. Dennis and Glen are great and make the meal a memorable experience. You can do wine by the glass but it was fun to do the wine pairing and sit back for the ride. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank BrianFromPhila

New Jersey
“A Note to the Hosts ~”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Dennis and Glen

Rather than write another review and tell you exactly what other reviewers have already said I would like to take this opportunity to speak directly to you -

Thank you both for a wonderfully unique experience. And for also providing an atmosphere where travelers from various locations come together as strangers and leave as friends.
You have harnessed an untapped market and those that have copied your dining style simply cannot hold a candle to you. The courses you present and the wines you pair are incredible and I look forward to seeing you both on my next visit in your new location.

Be well my friends ;0)
Concetta & MIke

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Chet7259
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Favortie Restaurant in Aruba”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you come to Aruba and you enjoy food, conversation, and wine, then you have to go to Carte Blanche. This was one of our favorite restaurants of all time!! My Husband and I were here 2 weeks ago while vacationing in Aruba, however I made reservations months in advance to secure a spot. They only take 14 people a night! We enjoyed every minute of our dining experience here. We opted for the 5 course wine pairing and were not dissappointed. Each course was better than the last!! Will definitely be back when we come back to Aruba!

2 Thank beth p
New York
“unique and excellent”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

my wife and I had dinner here a couple of weeks ago and had a great experience. Glen and Kevin are great hosts, the food and wine were excellent and they make you feel like old friends from the minute you walk through the door. Dinner here is like going to a dinner party with a bunch of old friends - a really unique experience for dining in Aruba.

Reading through some of the recent reviews I think it's important to point out that Aruba is not St. Barts or NYC - dining on Aruba is a very laid back experience. If you are looking for a bunch of stuck up, nose in the air, places to dine (along with the customers to match) Aruba is definitely not the island for you. If you are looking for good food and nice people, than Aruba is where you want to be. If you are looking for great food on the island in a unique setting, give carte blanche a try.

Glen and Kevin are two of the nicest people you would want to meet in Aruba. My wife and I each had a five course meal, I had the wine pairing and my wife had an improvised "martini pairing" - all of the wines and martinis were very nice. As far as the food goes, it was all very good. There were quite a few things that I or my wife would normally not order, however we tried everything and they were all excellent. The braised beef ribs were amazing and I could have just eaten those all night!

Watching Kevin cook and plate the dishes was an experience in itself. Everyone at our seating was very social and we had a lot of great fun and conversation. It is true that the bathrooms are gross - but they will be moving in a few months and honestly, it's not that big of a deal - call it "island charm".

Thanks Glen and Kevin - we will definitely see you next time we are In Aruba!

Matt + Rose.

1 Thank mrazone
Southport, North Carolina, United States
“Most amazing dining experience in Aruba”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were very lucky to get our reservation on Saturday, August 25, 2012. The setting is elegant and yet Glen makes his guests so welcomed. His wine selections are perfect complements to the creative menu Chef Dennis presents. An unforgettable experience.