“Great evening with the wife!”

Pelican Nest Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Pelican Nest Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open air restaurant over the water on Pelican Pier (between Holiday Inn and Playa Linda resorts).
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort, so it was a short walk to the Pelican Nest. We arrived shortly after sunset and were seated on the outermost edge. I was uneasy about walking around the edge and first, but it turned out okay. The server was very professional and friendly. Seafood is not my first choice but everything I had was excellent! We also enjoyed the strolling guitarist. We will forever remember "Basme mucho" as one of our trip highlights. Overall, it was a great evening out with the wife.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough how wonderful our dinner experience was at this place. Service was perfect and the staff were all so friendly. The grouper was perfectly done and the vegetables were tasty and perfectly cooked as well . The atmosphere was great. We couldn't be closer to the water. The sunset made for a perfect experience. 5 stars for sure!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Ate here for lunch Friday 3/28. I went here against my will saying that the food is going to be horrible and it's only nice for the view (ate at Bugaloe last year which is also a restaurant on a pier and it was HORRIBLE!). I was caught by surprise. The food was very very good and very fresh!!! The coconut shrimp for appetizer was to die for. It was packaged like here in NY. She got the grilled red snapper. It was so fresh and melted in your mouth! I got the Argentinian tenderloin--cooked perfectly and tasteful. It is definitely worth it for a nice lunch, good food, great view and couple of cold drinks!!

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Want a really good Grouper sandwhich with a Balashi beer...come here. Great location on the water. Hear the siren at 4 pm and be happy !!

1  Thank pvtser
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Our group of nine ate there on March 14, 2014. We made reservations ahead of time and had a 15 minute wait after arrival, even though the place was largely empty. They did not set up the tables for nine until we got there. The setting was great, with a nice view and interestingly decorated. The waiter was all business and matter of fact, especially the fact that the tip was not included in the 15% service. I was made aware of this several times, especially when the bill arrived. The service probably the worst we had in our three trips to Aruba and especially this week. We ate out every meal in multiple places, so we have experienced many restaurants and waiters/waitresses. We heard from several people that the food was great and it was good, but not great. For better fish, try the Wacky Wahoo!. We will be returning to Aruba again and but not the Pelican Restaurant. The Pelican Bar on the pier was much better, Yes they add the 15% service charge, but at least they are nice, give good service, and don't remind you about it every 10 minutes. Do yourself and favor and go to another place where they appreciate your business and are happy you are there.

3  Thank headcase