“The best ceviche ever!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Nest Seafood Grill

Pelican Nest Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Pelican Nest Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open air restaurant over the water on Pelican Pier (between Holiday Inn and Playa Linda resorts).
Bath, United Kingdom
“The best ceviche ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We decided to take a family vacation to Aruba following several business trips by my husband. We decided to eat fish and so my husband recommended the Pelican Nest. We ordered ceviche and calamari. We live in Panama where it is common to eat ceviche so we decided to try it Aruban style. It was a large portion and one of the very best we have tasted. In Panama, we eat them in pastry shells which are lovely. I think this would have complemented the ceviche more than the water biscuits. The kids had the grouper fish fingers which were excellent, however the chips were a bit limp. I had the grouper fillet which was slightly over seasoned in my opinion but was still delicious. My husband had the red snapper which he enjoyed. The setting was really authentic and beautifully done with a nautically themed restaurant, soft lighting and an excellent view of the ocean with it's amazing fish. A Cuban man serenaded us on the guitar which was lovely albeit slightly uncomfortable for my 10 year old son who is not a fan of that kind of thing but we enjoyed it. The prices were very reasonable in relation to Europe but the 15% additional charge seemed slightly dubious. I would recommend this restaurant for a chilled out evening with excellent local fish and it seemed very child friendly too...

1 Thank Candelabrum

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Great view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

After several years of attempting to have a meal at this restaurant, we finally got there. The walk through the sand and on the small boardwalk at the entrance makes you know that flip-flops are a necessity - no heels! Our table was inside next to where the catamarans dock after the evening sail. Service was so-so. We shared a Caesar salad ( excellent) and my friend had a small steak and I had the mahi-mahi. The steak was tasty and well seasoned but was not tender. The fish was fresh and well prepared but not hot when presented. We had one mixed drink and one glass of wine and skipped the coffee as it was getting crowded and noisy. When our bill finally arrived we were surprised at the cost (did not include service charge). It was $30 to $35 dollars higher than what we paid at Chalet Suisse or Madame Jeanette for the same type of meal. I would not make it one of my choices on future trips unless you like paying for the view and uncomfortable tables and chairs. Meals at our hotel's evening cocktail hour were better.

Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
“Fairly good food, but weasely service charge”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate here this past week for dinner, and the setting is quite nice, as they're located over the water. I had mahi-mahi, and my wife and kids had variations of salads. The food overall was pretty good. I had a drink (Captain Morgan and Coke) that was somewhat watered down which I can live with. However, the sin that these folks do is to add a 15% 'service charge' on top of the bill that they claim excludes gratuity. They even add a little card that explains it is part for taxes and part for the front and back of the house, whatever that means. The fact that they don't tell you in advance is upsetting, and when I asked the waitress about it even she had a hard time justifying it. I left a normal tip because I didn't want the waitress to lose out, but I felt somewhat abused. If the owners feel they need to make more money to run the business then they should just raise their prices, not trick people into paying more.

3 Thank djf-tripper
Springfield, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Grouper Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went back to this place twice for lunch. My husband loved the grouper sandwich so much that we went back 2 days later. We also tried the calamari (fresh and tasty), the wings (also tasty), and we had crab cakes (highly recommended). The view is fantastic, we sat right on the edge of the pier.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great value Happy Hour & beautiful views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Fantastic Happy Hour from 4-6pm daily; all drinks including top shelf are $4! The bartender Jonathon was great and very helpful. Beats the resort prices! Not to mention the views and island party vibe. We stayed for sunset one night and ate in the restaurant and although the food was only so-so the views of sunset were spectacular.