“Enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is our second time in Aruba, but our first time at this resort. I found this hotel to be lovely, peaceful, and enjoyable. I really liked the layout of the hotel, the way it is spread out, and the vicinity of the beach. I enjoyed the fact that I could alternate between pool and beach very easily and stop to get a tropical drink along the way. There were several beach chairs, and a few shelters by the pools to protect yourself from the sun. As for the huts on the beach, you need to reserve them the day before at 4 pm. People start lining up at 3 pm. Our hotel room was at the Sea Tower, a newly renovated tower on the 4th floor, with a view of the pool and ocean. It was a modern room, with new furniture. The food was good, not as plentiful as at the RIU, but perfect for me (especially the Sea Breeze restaurant near the beach) and for lunch, the wonderful Ocean grill (which served pizza, quesadillas, fish and chips, etc); I am glad we took the all-inclusive package, but sometimes we enjoyed eating out. Along the main street, you will find some very good restaurants and a great ice-cream place (la gelateria). The beach at the Holiday Inn during my stay was not the nicest; there was sea-weed and the water was hazy, but as you walk a few steps towards the Playa Linda, the Radisson, and even the Riu, the water is a lot clearer. It is beautiful! I would really like for vacationers to pick up their plastic cups, or whatever and throw them in the garbage cans. I don't know how many of them I picked up during my morning walks. The service at the Holiday Inn was generally good. I was there during the same time as the Dancin Doug Travel group, and I can say, most of the waiters / waitresses worked very hard to please their customers. We especially loved Rosa Maxwell and Berny, because not only were they efficient, but they were also easy-going and smiled "all the time". Hey Berny, hope you are still wearing your hat!!! I can't wait to go back to Aruba! I need a pina colada!

Room Tip: The Sea Tower on an upper floor (i.e., 4th floor & above) with partial ocean view, or ocean fron...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Christina C
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

DearChristina C,

Greetings from our Happy Island, first we would like to thank you for your important feedback and will be happy to pass your kind comments onto Rosa Maxwell and Berny. We we happy to hear that our new renovations met your expectations and and that you are already planning your next visit to Aruba. Masha Danki.

Guest Experience Manager.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I'm traveled with the DDT Group. I must say that this is the best Holiday inn I ever stayed at. The food and the hospitality was very good. I would stay there again for sure. The convenient thing is that it's close to the strip and you can walk to a numerous amount of restaurants and shopping areas.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Ewisdom43

DearEwisdom43,

Greetings from our Happy Island and thank you for your feedback which is very important to us. Thrilled to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay at our Resort and would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Aruba.

Guest Experience Manager.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and 2 kids ages 9 and 5 1/2 just got back from the Holiday Inn Aruba where we spend 6 n/7D at the resort. It was my 3rd and my wife's 5th time in Aruba. We stayed at the Westin in the past but since it closed we chose Holiday Inn because of the price and kids stay free and eat free while adults pay. The resort is wonderful the beach amazing and several pools making this an awesome vacation for us. We ate at Corals for breakfast which was good and at Sea Breeze at lunch. Food was good and the waitresses were excellent.
At dinner we ate out since we didn't have the all inclusive (not worth it IMO). Ate at Skala restaurant across the hotel in the mall on evening. TGIF's, El Gacho steakhouse, Aqua Grill, Gianni's and Smokey Joes. All 6 were good. El Gacho is a mst for steaks- awesome! aqual grill pricey but superb! Didn't get a chance to go to Driftwoods where we've been in the past. Gianni's was superb as well and Smokey Joes was good!
The staff at the Holiday Inn from the reception to the security to the restaurant staff to the cleaning ladies were all friendly towards us and nice.
One evening my daughter hurt her hand in the room with the sliding door and the manager of the resort came up and investigated what happened. Personnel was called and they applied an antibiotic to her hand and she was fine the next day. The manager spoke to us the next day to make sure she was fine. A caring and wonderful individual.
Holiday Inn might not be a 5 star glitzy hotel but it has all the amenities a hotel needs to serve its vacationers.
I've been all over the Caribbean and must say Aruba is one of the best if not the best islands to vacation on. The restaurants, the people, the sun and the beautiful beaches make it all worthwhile.
I will return to the Holiday Inn in Aruba and recommend it to anyone looking for a less expensive budget!
Thank you Holiday Inn for making our getaway fun and relaxing!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank nickolasNewYork
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear nickolasNewYork,

First let us thank you for your time to review our Resort, your feedback is very important to us. We were thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great, fun and relaxing time with us and our Team Associates helped to make your vacation all the more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back again to our Happy Island on your next vacation. Masha Danki.

Managment Team.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I want to give the travel agency I was travelling with a BIG 5 STARS!!!

I’ve been travelling with Dancin’ Doug Travel for 5 years and they have ALWAYS served and provided for their group(s) very well.. So this review is STRICKLY for the hotel..

Let me start by saying I LOVE ARUBA!!! of all the islands that I’ve visited, Aruba beaches are in my top 3 so far. So no matter where you stay, the beach is why you are coming to Aruba..

Now, Holiday Inn is by no means a 5-star resort, if you are looking for a nice mid to budget hotel, then this is your stop. The rooms were clean, the grounds were clean and the beach is to die for.

However, with a group that consisted with over 240 people, I just do not believe the hotel was prepared for this and normal customer service was lacking.

I expect a certain level of customer service when I travel and that is the major thing that was scarce in this hotel..

Examples:
• At breakfast we asked for water and was told it’s in the soda machine, no I’ll get it for you, no no problem just give me a minute. Rather it was pointed at and then they walked away.
• There is no freight elevator in this hotel, so you are fighting for space on the elevator with the housekeeping staff.. I’ve never been anywhere where the guest weren’t given 1st preference on the elevator, I was literally pushed aside as they ran to get on the elevator.

Food:
You won’t starve here, however the food really is not their forte
• Da Vinci Ristorante was closed during our stay so I do not know what the food was like.
• Corals Restaurant is the only spot for breakfast, so you have no choice, but I would stay away from the buffet dinner.
• Oceanside Bar & Grill, this is where I ate lunch most days, very good and enough of a variation that you can have something different every day.
• Sea Breeze Restaurant & Bar very nice for dinner, however we also had lunch here, which was good too..

For all the negative, I want to make sure to recognize those that did outstanding work. They were all at the Oceanside bar and Grill and they were a joy to work with:

• Rosa Maxwell
• Edward
• Louise
• Hamilton

7  Thank Vialet21
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Vialet21,

Greetings, and thank you for your time to review our resort your feedback is very important to us. We will make sure to pass your comments onto our Team Associates ar our Oceanside Bar and Grill. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed Aruba and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back. Masha Danki.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am a member of Dancin Doug Travel where we travel all arround the world on a yearly basis. I visited the Holiday Inn from 07/12 thru 07/17th. The Island is beautiful however, I was disappointed with the service I recveived at the hotel. I checked into a one bedroom that was nice but didn't receive room service untill the second to last day I was there. Every morning I had to make my own bed. Secondly, I felt like I was a crimnal. The security was not friendly at all and watched our group every move. Most resorts we have traveld to, we were able to drink in the pool. This time we were not able to drink which was a disappointment. Lastly, I was displeased with the pool hours.While on vacation there is nothing like taking a midnight dip into the jucuzzi .7pm is to early to close the pool area and there was no night life after hours.

5  Thank Keith G
HIResortAruba, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Keith G,

Thank you for your time to review our Resort your feedback is very important to us and rest assured we will pass them onto our Management Team. Please accept our apologies for any inconvience. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our Happy Island. Masha Danki.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

There is one person that stands out the most and the was my waitress Rosa Maxwell. If you get the chance to meet her you will have a great trip. She the best. She the only reason I will give them good service with her it would been a one.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank ndavis1977
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear ndavis1977 ,

Greetings, and thank you for your feedback it is very important to us. We will be happy to pass your kind comments onto Rosa Maxwell and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our Happy Island. Masha Danki.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I went to Aruba with Dancin Doug's Travel and stayed here, while the accommodations were ok, the property management was not very welcoming to our group. We were a large group that traveled from all over the United States to Aruba to have a good time. We were met with security at every juncture not allowing us to fully experience the good time that we came to have. On many occasions there were other hotel guests who joined us at our events wanting to have a good time as well, but that did not matter because the hotel would not allow us to enjoy ourselves as we could have. The presence of security and hotel management patrolling our events was not what we wanted to see. We are a large group of mature professional people, who did not deserve to be treated as children.Some of the wait staff at the Corals restaurant at breakfast time were not very pleasant at all. All in all we had a good time only because of our group. I think that the hotel should have warned us ahead of time that they were not open to us having events there.It really is too bad because Aruba is a beautiful island but this hotel is not the one to go to if you are traveling in a large group.

Room Tip: My room was in tower 6 on the 4th floor, the view from the balcony was the mall across the street, i...
3  Thank ms_yolondab

Dear ms_yolondab,

Greetings, we would like to thank you fo yourr time to review our Resort your feedback is very important to us. We were happy to hear that you had a good time on our Island and our location suited you needs. Masha Danki.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
#24 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!