“Nice hotel. Great location. Best beach.”

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba last year from June 1 - June 8. The stay was extremely relaxing. The hotel was better than I expected. It was clean and comfortable. We didn't do an all inclusive because there are many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel but we did have breakfast included which was decent. Getting a spot on the beach was no problem and the reservation process made it easy to choose where you wanted to be.

We loved the hotel, beach, and location so much that we are returning in August with the extended family to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary, 2 milestone birthdays and a graduation. Looking forward to our return and our stay!

2  Thank Fish2Water
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Fish2Water,

We are thrilled to hear that you are comming back for your vacation and to celebrate many milestones. Thank you for your time in reviewing our Resort and for your kind comments which are very valuable to us. Our Happy Island is ready to welcome you for some more relaxation on our beautiful sandy beaches.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Resort & Casino

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I usually stay at Hilton properties. As there were no Hilton properties, we thought we give the Holiday Inn a try. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice and very clean. The beach was GREAT. The best thing was the staff! Very friendly and helpful! From Shirley at check in to The gentleman who reserve the palapas, everyone was great.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff M
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Jeff M,

We were thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us on your recent visit to our Resort. We would like to thank you for your time and valuable comments which we will pass onto our Team Associates. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for some relaxation and stunning sunsets on our beautiful beaches.

Management Team.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was our fifth time to Aruba but our second time with our two year old son. In my previous times to Aruba we stayed at the Renaissance and Occidental Hotels. I have to admit that I was very hesitant to stay at the Holiday Inn since most Holiday Inn's have a cheap stigma to their properties in the US. However, I was completely wrong about this one -- it is certainly the best bang for you buck. If you're traveling with family this is the best place since it's located on the strip near all of the restaurants and malls. The property sits on eagle beach and each of the three buildings to the property has it's own pool for the kids to enjoy. Aruba in itself is very safe but we felt extremely safe at this Holiday Inn.

We generally do not like to do the all inclusive meals since we like to try different cuisines but on two occasions we ate at the all-you-can-eat dinner and breakfast options which were $27 and $21 respectively. And best of all, kids under 12 eat FOR FREE!!! This was great since my wife's nine year old cousin traveled with us to Aruba.

It also helps that this resort was recently renovated. The rooms are super clean and comfortable. The personnel was extremely warm and helpful. In the end I was very impressed with the quality of the hotel for the money I paid which was at least thirty percent less than the other hotels I looked into. Again, if you're going with kids -- this is the place to go! I hope this helps and enjoy!

Room Tip: all the rooms are renovated so any room is okay. we stayed at the sea tower and it was all ok.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank albutterz

Dear albutterz,

Greetings, we were so happy to hear that you choose the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino for your reccent stay and we were also thrilled to hear that we met with your expectations, and also thank you for your time to review our resort and for your valuable comments. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon with your family for some more memorable vacations.

Management Team.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

It was our first time in Aruba and we decided to stay in Palm Beach. After researching for prices, we found the Holiday Inn Resort the best option for our budget.
The resort is great: beach front palapas (have to reserve them the day before after 4 pm), 3 restaurant options + 2 bars and a pizza hut, a small fitness center, daily gym classes included, complimentary newspaper and bikes, 3 pools and jacuzzis, a spa... Everything we needded.
The staff was friendly and the location is great: walking distance of several restaurants and bars (All inclusive deals are really not necessary). Breakfast was kind of expensive: U$ 18 + 15,5% TAX: so it's up to U$ 50 for a couple. There are a lot of more convenient options just across the street (for example, full breakfast buffet for U$ 9,95 + tax).
Paseo la Hacienda Mall is just in front and there's another shopping mall a block away.
You have walking access to the Pelican Pier, where you can have drinks with a view for a good price.
The rooms were ok: spaciuos, very confortable bed, TV with channels in several languages, coffee maker and complimentary wifi. Great sleep quiality. Every room has a balcony but ours had parking-view, the only, let's say "bad" thing. I could definately stay there again if I go to Aruba.

Room Tip: Sea tower is the most quiet (at the r
9  Thank Celeste A
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Celeste A ,

Greetings, thank you for choosing our resort on your recent stay and for your time and valuable comments. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation on our happy island and we met with your expectations. We look very much forward welcoming you back again for some more relaxation and fun on our beautiful sandy beaches. Masha Danki

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the HI Resort last September (Yes, I know.... I'm late writing this) I am a Platinum member for HI and we were upgraded to an Oceanfront Room. The view was simply amazing!! The room was super clean, with room-service every day. We only ate at the pool restaurant once, and it was great. The location on the hotel is perfect...... close to many other restaurants, so we ventured out each night for dinner. We took a taxi to the grocery market a few miles away and bought breakfast/lunch things (bread, lunch-meat, cheese, sodas, chips, fruit and snacks, and beer). We packed a small cooler in our luggage and took our own beer to the beach each day. The water was perfectly clean and calm. Pools were great, but we have a pool in our backyard, so we stayed at the beach every day. Everyone at the HI was extremely nice and helpful! This in NOT your typical Holiday Inn...... It is very upscale. We never had an issue with the loud music that people speak of, and we were in that tower? The casino was small, but nice. We plan to go back this next September and once again stay right there at the HI. I don't recommend the all inclusive... ONLY because there are so many choices for food within walking distance of this resort. It was VERY safe out walking around the town. We never felt scared or threatened at all. There are a ton of casinos within walking distance as well.

Just a fair warning,,,,, Aruba is pretty close to the Sun. It's huge, bright and HOT! The sunsets are the prettiest I've ever seen.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room was AMAZING!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angie B
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Angie-n-Layne,

Location, location we were to thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us and thank you for your loyalty as a Platinum Memeber, your comments are very valuable to us. We will pass your kind remarks onto to our Team Associates. We look forward to welcoming you back in September for some more relaxation and beautiful sunsets.

Team Managment.

Holiday inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed here last week.

Check In: We arrived at 2pm, and were greeted by a very nice lady took great care of us. We were checked in in a few minutes, and we were giving an upgraded room.

Room: We were in the Sea Tower on the 5th floor facing Moomba. The room was newly refurbished. The bedding was great, small table and a couch. Bathroom was new and included soap, shampoo, etc. I had read reviews of people complaining about the noise from Moomba Beach. This was not a problem for us. It seemed as if Moomba turned the volume down everynight by 11pm. We were always awake, so it was never an issue. It was nice to be able to sit on the balcony, listen to the music from Moomba and have an adult beverage :) Also, one of the elevators was out of service. No big deal, since there are two more. The room was also cleaned very well too.

Pool: The pool at Holiday Inn is fantastic. They also look like they have been refurbished recently too. There are two main pools between two buildings one is the Adult Pool, and the other is the kids pool. It was clearly marked at each pool. People would continuously, let their kids play in the adult pool. The security guard would come over and tell the kids they needed to go to the kids pool. Ten minutes later they were back. Then the security guard would talk to their parents. several times the parents would get into screaming matches with the security guard. I have read about this in other reviews, and HI is aware of the problem. I was just amazed that people would continuously break the rules. These "parents" need to respect the fact that some people went on vacation without their kids, and don't want to be splashed all day. I felt bad for the security guard. I can't fault the Holiday Inn for this problem, its really people just not listening and not caring.

Beach: The beach was great. Soft sand. Clean ocean. Free Palapas. People also complained about the reservation of the palapas too. This was never an issue, since we went during a slow time. I wouldn't mind having to reserve instead of paying $20/day like other places I have stayed. The Ritz probably had the worst beach....rocking and bushy.

Food: We only ate at Oceanside for lunch once. I had the burger and fries. Very good. We ended up eating outside of the resort alot. We walked to Pizza Del Mar which is located in the southern most HI tower. Great Pizza. Carlitos which is right next door to Pizza Del Mar had great Burgers and were super friendly. We also hit Scots Brats, Dunkin Donuts, and Dushi Bagels at the Playa Linda for breakfast. Hadicurrari between the HI and Marriott had amazing Grouper. Iquana Cantina across the street also had good mexican. Casa Tua had GREAT lasagna. A lot of people were talking about how bad the Pier was for food and service, so we never went.

Drink: We bought two 1L bottle of Liquor at the airport in ATL. When you buy the liquour duty free, somone from the duty free sotre will bring it to the air bridge and give it to you before you hop on the plane. It's a great deal, and we always do this.

Groceries: We took a bus to Super Foods twice. If you take a big bus, there is a bus stop between the Cabana and Amsterdam Manor it will let you off. Walk between the two resorts and you are there. If you take a small bus, for a tip, they will usually drop you off right across the street from Super Foods. The prices at Super Foods were slightly more expensive than home. We basically just got some cheese, bread, Coke, and some fruit. There is also a cheap market/store at the Playa Linda. We brought some groceries with use such as snacks, candy bars, crackers etc. There are coke machines and Ice machines on each floor of the HI.

Air Transport: The plane from ARu to JFK was fine, but we got stuck at JFK for 6 hours, 4 hours on the plane. Then we got transferred to LGA and our flight wasn't until later that day. Since LGA, JFK and Newark all closed due to weather, every single hotel within 50 miles was booked. We ended up having to sleep in the breezeway of the Delta JFK terminal. There were no charis, or anywhere to sit/sleep. There was probably 60-80 people sleeping there and they only thing people could sleep in where wheelchairs. We were happy to get home.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Holiday Inn Aruba. I have stayed at Marriotts, Sandals, etc in the Caribbean and the Holiday In was right on par with these for less. Stuff people were complaining about in previous reviews, I would see Holiday Inn staff addressing while we were there. This say a lot about management. Every staff member we talked to was very pleasant. The Holiday Inn in Aruba reminds me of the Mariott for much less money. I will highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: The Sea Tower was Great!
8  Thank mdbruemmer
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear mdbruemmer,

Greetings, greetings, greetings. Thank you for choosing our resort on your recent stay and for your vauable comments which are so important to us. We were thrilled to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our sunsets and beautiful beaches on our Happy Island. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next vacation under the sun.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our 5th time to Aruba. Our first time with this Holiday Inn because the Marriott was not available for our stay. Don't expect too much from this hotel. You'll be disappointed. I'm not saying the hotel was bad. There just wasn't a wow factor or anything to be impressed. Even though this hotel was recently "renovated" there were many parts that weren't. The service and overall resort were marginal. Holiday Inn is definitely not in the same league as the Marriott.

The check-in process was unaccommodating. We arrived about 1pm. The cranky front desk girl kept repeating that our room wasn't ready until 4 pm even though we wanted to know where our room would be. She kept slipping us the "partial ocean view" answer and it was a room that was renovated recently. From our experience we knew that meant the furthest perimeter of the resort with a full view of the service lot/neighboring resort. We asked to change rooms since we were spending 13 days there but she insisted that they had upgraded us already. She told us to come back around 3 and she'll see what she can do which we did but we waited until 4 to get our room. Sure enough our room was in the Sea Tower. The furthest building away with a broken elevator. The walk was quite long and the room was exactly a partial ocean view with a full view of the parking lot between the two resorts. The room itself had some renovations but it was small. The bathroom was very tight. Two average sizedpeople could barely stand inside and the recently renovated room was unimpressive. The safe was placed on the top shelf in the closet making it very difficult to access. Someone thought it would be funny to lock the safe for the next guest. We waited another hour for someone to unlock the safe so we could store our valuables before we headed out. We spoke to the manager and was able to move to another room in the Ocean Tower, the middle building of the resort, the next day. Again the room was unimpressive but was a little better in location and spacing. This room wasn't renovated. The bed was uncomfortable. The out dated dressers were unusable because the draws smelled like an old attic. The room had a mildew smell. The clothes hangers were difficult to access because the closet doors didn't slide. The room door would occasionally not open when the locking plate would stick out into the door frame. The clock was missing. The internet was slow and spotty throughout the resort which required a pre-generated password each time you log in. We realized we weren't there for the internet but it made planning for our activities a bit painful. On the second night, the power went out so there was no a/c for several hours. The front desk said the entire strip lost power. That was questionable because we could see from our window that the Marriott had power. Not exactly the friendliest staff. There is no one coming around for drinks or food. The resort is bland. There's not much going on. They don't even play music by the pool.

The only plusses from this resort are: kids eat free and there's plenty of empty chairs around the resort. Children without active supervision are strongly encourage to stay in the kids pool and away from the adult pool. And security are very visible and active. There is a free day care and bike rental.

Stay tune for the rest of our review. We've only completed our 4th night of the trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Drew H

Dear Drew H,

Thank you for your valued comments during your stay at our resort. We would sincerely like to apologise for your inconviences and rest assured we take all your comments very seriously and are now with our Managment Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
#24 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!