3,886 results
All reviewssea breezeocean toweroceanside barseabreeze restaurantihg memberall inclusive packageocean frontoceanfront roompelican pierkids cluball inclusive planstand in linewaiting in lineshopping and restaurantsother resortstowel hutfamily vacation
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Aruba in May 2014 with two other couples. We had an ocean front room with a balcony on the fourth floor. The room was very clean and the view was gorgeous. The hotel staff were all courteous and friendly. Be careful what room you get because some can overlook the front of the building and you won't have any beach view. We had the package that included the buffet breakfast. The breakfast had plenty of food to choose from and the service was exceptional. One person from our group did wait in line every day at 3:00 to reserve our hut, although I don't think it was necessary at this time of year as there were enough huts available. The pools were clean and there were always plenty of available chairs. The grounds are not as lush and beautiful as they are at some of the other hotels, but the advantage is that you are directly on the beach and don't walk through the gardens to get to the beach. I would certainly stay at the Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: If you stay in the first floor beach front rooms you will have people walking by you all day as you sit on your patio. Just depends if you like privacy or not. Also, some of the rooms overlook the front of the building and don't have a beach view, be sure to check which room you are getting.
1  Thank SoBreeze
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear SoBreeze,

We where thrilled to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay at our Resort and our ocean views where up to your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments rest assured they will passed on to our team members. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Happy Island in the very near future.

Best Regards,
Management Team,

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in Aruba and the Holiday in did not disappoint! We are a Canadian couple and have traveled to Mexico, Bahamas, Cuba, Dominican Republic All Inclusives and recently stayed in many hotels and b&b's in Paris, Venice, Florence, Rome, Santorini and Athens, so I feel that i can give a well rounded, honest opinion.
The Holiday Inn was the most affordable option on this beautiful island and we had heard good reviews from friends who had recently visited this hotel. They also advised us to request a room in the renovated tower.
The hotel lobby, beach, pools, bar and seaside restaurant were fantastic! The food was the best we've had at an all inclusive in the Caribbean.
I loved that we could reserve a palapas the day before. May is considered low season so we never had to wait more than a few minutes.
The two buffets were pretty good, it was worth it to get the all inclusive. We still went out for a few meals and overall didn't spend as much as we would have had we not had the AI.
Our room in the seaside tower was more than adequate! I like the glass shower enclosure and backlit mirror in the bathroom.
The resort was a good size, not too big and great location across from a shopping area.
I Dont understand the negative reviews! This hotel is a holiday inn, not a massive beach resort like a Riu Palace or Bahia Principe, so maybe some peoples expectations are unrealistic.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ktina

Dear ktina,

Bombini Greetings from our Happy Island. Thank you for choosing our Resort for you recent stay and for taking your time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear we met your expectations and enjoyed our newly renovated Seaside Tower, pool areas and our beautiful beaches. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino in the very near furture for some more relaxation under the sun. Mashi Danki.

Kind Regards,
Management Team.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We came to Aruba to celebrate our 30 years wedding anniversary. Contacted the hotel with this info. The hotel only sent a fruit plate and that was it. No special note congratulating us. They did acknowledge and congratulated us during check in.

Location of the hotel is great! Shopping and restaurants are walking distance.... Right across the street. If you want to go to the pier or into town, the bus stop is right outside the hotel. Make sure to give correct change...it's $2.60 one way.

Room: clean, plenty of towels, bed is comfortable, ocean front room at the Sea Tower has a great view. Only downside the doors have a 1" gap from the floor..... You can hear your next door neighbor.

Restaurant: we took the breakfast option.... Typical food for breakfast.... Taste ok. After the 5th day, the food started to get tired. We ate at Sea Breeze, food was great.

Hotel: big resort for a Holiday Inn. It's nice to walk the powder beach every morning. Only reserved the palapa for one day. We didn't want to wait on line. We mostly stayed by the pool and took dips in the sea. Hotel served cold lemon/orange water at the lobby. I filled my water bottle every day and took it at the beach. The pool bar also had pitcher of water for free refill as well. The bar had 2 for1 happy hour after 4 each day. At least one elevator is not in service every other day; you may have to wait for while. It's faster to take the outside staircase from the 5th floor.

Palm Beach: gorgeous beach with aqua colored water. Nice to walk on every morning. My husband found 2 star fish in the water during a morning stroll. Beach is not overly crowded as if people are on top of each other.......and I've been to Wakiki beach in Hawaii...now that's crowded! There are plenty of spaces from each other.

Aruba: beautiful beaches... However, hate the wind.....especially the dusts outside the beach zone. I expected Aruba to be more tropical; we found outside the beach area were mostly...desert sands, dusts, cactuses and wind. May be we were spoiled because we have been to other Carribeans islands but I think we enjoy more tropical atmosphere. Aruba is very small and very commercialized. We like to explore the country. There is really nothing to do except enjoying the beach and eating out. Beaches are beautiful...... Unfortunately, we will not return.

Room Tip: Higher the room...awesome view!
5  Thank lynlyn
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear lynlyn,

First of all congratulations on your 30th Wedding Aniversary. Your comments are very valuable to us and we thank for your time and review. Your comments will be passed on to our Team Associates. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our white sandy beaches, although it can be windy at times. I do hope you will let us have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,
Management Team.

Holiday Inn Resort Aurba-Beach Resort & Casino

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was so far, the best vacation we ever had. The hotel really did a great job in renovation. The lobby and the resort itself are wonderful, rooms with ocean view were big enough to run through them, balcony and the view were better then we expected. I recommend higher floor rooms with ocean view. Beach, hotel, all inclusive and the tours that island had to offer were top class. We would personally like to thank from the bottom of our hearts Domingo, Brenda, Reiner and Lullita (sorry for wrong
name spelling) :-) for making our stay the best we could imagine!!! Brenda, I am your soul sister :-))) Love you guys and see you next year, hopefully with some of the nice regular guests that we met on this journey and had the lovely time.

Amy&Attila

1  Thank Amela H
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Käre Amy&Attila,

Thank you for choosing our Resort on your recent stay at our Happy Island. We where so happy to hear that our newly renovated property lived up tp your expectations. Your valued comments will be passed onto Domingo, Brenda, Reiner and Lupita and I am sure they will be very much appreciated making their work all worth while. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful Island and your second home.

Tack så mycket!

Vänliga Hälsningar,

Management Team

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort & Casino

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a vacation spent in Aruba and stayed at the Holiday Inn. Things have changed since my last visit in 1998. The resort is definitely updated for the better. Clean, fresh lobby with refreshing fruit infused water for guest throughout the day. Great staff who were wonderful from check-in to check-out. My room was a nice size & partial oceanview. My towels were white & fluffy & housekeeping made sure there were plenty! Never did I feel unsafe if anything, even though I traveled by myself, I felt as though friends were all around me. Can't beat the price & I felt as though I was at a luxury resort. As a woman traveling alone, safety & cleanliness are required. Holiday Inn gave me both & much more. I'll stay again next year!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank gjohn510

Dear gjohn510

Thank you for choosing once again the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-beach Resort & Casino for your stay at our Happy Island. We are glad that our newly renovated Hotel met your expectations and we where able to make your stay with us memorable. We thank you for your kind comments which are very important for us. We look forward to the chance to welcome you back again to our Happy Island.

Best Regards,