Stayed at Holiday Inn 4/21/14 to 4/28/14, have been to Aruba at least 7 times and have stayed at Radisson and last year the Westin. Loved both those places, however Westin now closed for renovations as Riu has bought them and Radisson was way too expensive. We went the all inclusive at the HI which we normally would not pay for all inclusive as there are so many good restaurants in the area. Radisson not all inclusive and Westin was breakfast only, however the price from Toronto was was much cheaper to go all inclusive with Sunwing or Sunquest compared to same week with Westjet which was flight and room only and was 800.00 more for two, so was no brainer to take the all inclusive. We ended up eating all our meals there since they were included. The breakfast buffet was fine, lots of variety and dinner at the other restaurant was very good with good selection. Few items were extra charge but did not pick them. Drinks were good, no problem getting served. All the service was very good in both restaurants and the bars, room cleaning was done in a timely manner and rooms were cleaned to our satisfaction. Even though all inclusive we did have to sign bills every time we got something. No problems at check out bill was zero. Not sure if the bills were different for all inclusive but they seemed high. For example, 4 cups of Balashi beer came to approx 32.00, included tax and 15% sercharge. Same with the meals at dinner seemed pretty pricey, but since we were all inclusive I did not care as long as I did not have to pay for them. I did tip extra whenever I purchased anything because I would not be surprised if the employees did not get all the 15% service charge. I also left the cleaning staff about $20 in the room when we left. Check in and check out was no problems, quick and went right to our room although we arrived right at 4pm. Went down to reserve palapa for next day no problem waited in line for about 5 minutes and got one right in front facing beach. Not so good the rest of the week. We arrived on Monday and left on Monday. The rest of the week we started out lining up about 3:15 for 4PM and every day after that it got earlier and earlier if you wanted first choice. All palapa's were reserved every day. Just bring a book and a drink to the line and chill out while you wait. Even though this can be a pain in the butt every day, i prefer this to getting up at 6am every morning to get a chair in the shade and finding people put towels at the beach and the pool which is just plain rude. Both the Radisson and the Westin have the same palapa reservation system. I think several hotels do that as most of the palapa's have numbers on them.
Overall I had reservations about staying at the HI however I was quite pleased with the whole week and would not hesitate to go again. As far as Aruba goes it is my favourite place to vacation and have been to many Carribean islands. The cost is more to go there (from Canada) but well worth it. We did not rent a car this time or go to grocery store however we have many times in the past so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
One other thing, keep in mind this is a Holiday Inn and not at Hyatt or Ritz Carlton. There are much nicer hotels and also hotels that are not as nice, but the Holiday Inn exceeded my expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we've gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you're here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you'll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach