“Best schnitzel and beer selection”

Bavaria German Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: If you are looking for fresh cooked food at moderate prices or just want to enjoy a drink - BAVARIA Restaurant is the place for you ! Choose out of 50 Craft beers and taste traditional German food in relaxing atmosphere at the beer garden or inside the air conditioned restaurant. Good food and friendly service is guaranteed !
Reviewed February 24, 2014

When my wife and I stopped by for a casual dinner a few weeks ago, the first thing the hostess asked us was "Thai or German?" We were a bit confused by the question, but apparently the owners combined two neighboring restaurants (one German and the other Thai) into the same space but kept both chefs. We stuck with the German food that evening, but given the quality of the food and service, we would be willing to come back to try their Thai food, as well. Their jaeger schnitzel compares favorably to those found in the best German and Austrian restaurants in NYC. As another reviewer mentioned, after a week of drinking Balashi beer, it was a real treat to have a proper (strong) German beer served in its correct glass. The owners and staff were very nice and each person stopped by our table to talk with us about the beer and to make recommendations. You could tell that they really cared about their customers and the experience being provided. This place is a gem.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The portion sizes are large and the food was very tasty. While I ate my entire order of jeager schnitzel, my wife ate half of hers and brought the rest home for another meal. I should have done the same, but it tasty so good I finished it in one sitting. SIdes of sourkraut and red cabbage were also very good. Teh owner visited the table and chatted for a while making us feel very welcome.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

What a pleasant surprise. I would have never noticed Bavaria German Restaurant at the busy intersection tucked between Wendys and KFC if not for the hand bill that was given to me on the beach. I wanted to go just to get some good beer and have a nice meal in an unpretentious setting. Turns out that the food was among the best we had in Aruba. Just last week we ate at Madame Janettes, Elements, Gostoso and Elliotti's and I liked the sauerbraten at Bavaria better than anything else I ate on the island. Because they are not in the high rent area the prices are about $10 lower per entree than other restaurants in Aruba. I had to convince my wife to go and she ended up really enjoying her meal. Everyone we met there that night was talking about how much they enjoyed the place. Do yourself a favor and try Bavaria when you're in Aruba. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This restaurant is next to Wendy's, at a main road intersection near the high-rise hotels. Finding a restaurant with real beer (i.e. not Bud Light, Balashi or the other swill that passes for beer) was a real treat! Then to find they serve an authentic Rouladen, well, my husband was in heaven. They also offer the menu of the Thai restaurant that used to be next door which satisfied my taste buds that night. Strange combination I know, but both meals were well prepared and delicious, and large portions. The interior maintains a German theme and is a little funky but comfortable. They also have a few outdoor tables. Well worth a visit for something different while in Aruba.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Good selection of German beers. Pork tenderloins, red cabbage and spaetzle were excellent. Love coming here on our trips to Aruba.

1  Thank mchamoff