“A Must Try”

Bavaria German Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: If you are looking for fresh cooked food at moderate prices or just want to enjoy a drink - BAVARIA Restaurant is the place for you ! Choose out of 50 Craft beers and taste traditional German food in relaxing atmosphere at the beer garden or inside the air conditioned restaurant. Good food and friendly service is guaranteed !
Queens, New York
“A Must Try”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A Must Try

If I were just walking/driving around looking for a place to dine in Aruba, I would have gone right past Bavaria without a second thought because my limited experience with German food was not favorable enough to make me seek out a German restaurant on an Aruban vacation. However, after reading all the positive reviews on TA while I was making my list of restaurants to sample, I added Bavaria to it hesitantly partially because we are not beer drinkers.

Since we were staying in the high-rise Palm Beach area, I found out that this place is within walking distance of our hotel (Radisson). Its location is a little away from the main road where all the other restaurants are, but the directions we were given made it easy to locate (near Wendys). When we arrived for dinner, there was no one sitting outside, but we had decided ahead of time that we wanted to sit indoors due to the heat. The décor on one wall was full of German clocks. The tables and chairs made it obvious that this was meant to resemble a traditional beer garden. There was only one other table occupied during peak dinner hours, but shortly afterwards, some other families arrived so it wasn’t too lonely.

As expected, there is an extensive beer and wine list, but we did not feel out of place for not indulging. Instead, we felt very welcome—the server was very friendly and answered all our questions. The owner was very personable and came to speak with us several times. We ordered the potato pancakes as an appetizer and they were seasoned perfectly with just the right amount of crispiness—the best we’ve ever had! Both pork dishes we ordered, Jagerschnitzel and Krustchen were delicious as were the sides that came with them. Portion sizes were sizeable so we didn’t even have room for dessert. This place has changed our impression of German food.

We were hoping that we could have made a second trip to this restaurant before leaving to try other menu items, but our schedule didn’t permit it, so now I’m recommending it to anyone who will be in Aruba. Definitely seek this place out—it is so worth the visit!

1 Thank wanderlustcrazy2

Port St John
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was told by others in Aruba that it was like a canteen and too many lights, but we didn't feel that way when I saw it had a pretty good rating on tripadvisor so if you like German go!

Visited September 2013
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Great find!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on other reviews and we are so happy we did. The food was outstanding. The restaurant is a little off the main road but easy to get to. We walked in and we were the only ones there....we wondered..oh no, where are we? The service and food were great. It was a nice change from all the fish and steak we had been eating. The owner was very friendly. Definitely try this place out.

1 Thank Jungle917
Richmond, VA
“Authentic German Food In Aruba”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I recently returned to Aruba (Mid-September 2013). We visited one of our favorite restaurants, Bavaria, which is run by a man named Peter, who is from Germany. Potato Leek and a cheese soup were FABULOUS. We also had sauerbraten, beef rouladen, and veal sausages (OK, we went there more than once this time). Sides include homemade sauerkraut, spaetzel, and red cabbage, all delicious. Peter is a perfectionist, and it shows in both the quality of the food, and the beauty of the presentation, If you like German food, put Bavaria on your "must" list while in Aruba.

1 Thank jeffg1
Morristown, New Jersey
“Yummy German food”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I was in Aruba 10 years ago and went to a different German restaurant. We decided to try Bavaria and was pleasantly surprised. The decor left a little to be desired but the food was delicious. I drank wine but my table mates loved the beer. Huge selection. It was off the main road but a quick walk from the Radisson. Definitely worth the trip.

• Visited October 2013