Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Karen Brown

This is an absolute must do when on the Island of Aruba! We have been sailing & snorkeling on the... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
KarenBrown1961
Bryantville, Massachusetts
via mobile
Love, love, love

I chose this cruise because of the accessibility to enter the water, i have a bad back and can’t do... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
O335ERmelanied

Recommended experiences in and around Aruba
from $50.00
from $76.50
from $70.77
from $73.68
1,875 results
All reviews grilled cheese sandwiches sunset cruise watermelon lounge seats special drink relaxing trip comfortable lounge beautiful sunset wonderful hosts snorkeling spots laid back hit the spot great sail relaxing afternoon rum punch snorkel stops
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We were on the Black Pearl for a sunset cruise in December while on a cruise. It was far better than ANYTHING the cruise line could have offered. We took a taxi there, which cost about $15 total, it's about a 10 minute drive and is NOT walkable. We took the bus back which only cost about $2.00 for 2 people and was easy to find out way back to the cruise port. The sailing itself was great, the hosts are very friendly and attentive to guests. The snorkeling location was not the best place I've ever been but we were the only boat there and had lost of time to explore. The boat cpacity is about 24ish and everyone gets there own lounger. Even full, the boat is no where near crowded. And like previous reviews, the sandwiches are very good. I preferred the grilled cheese vs. the ungrilled one. There's also an open bar which is well stocked, although I recommend the ship special. Albert, the captain even videotapes the sailing, puts together a quality video and emails it to you a few days later. Hopefully I'll be back in Aruba someday and would definatley reboard the Black Pearl for another relaxing sail.

Date of experience: December 2010
2  Thank mschuh03
Reviewed January 15, 2011

What a way to spend an afternoon in sunny (mostly) Aruba. From start to finish - a pleasant experience. You are treated like a person rather than a credit card. Sailing was relaxing, snorkeling was great, and the food and alcohol were excellent. The cost was the best part of it all...! You would be hardpressed to find an experience like this at these prices in Aruba. Third time in Aruba but 1st time we did this and we know we will definitely be back. Just hope as they grow that they don't lose that personal touch...!

Date of experience: December 2010
1  Thank Cthrsis22
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We have been sailing with Albert for probably 5 years or more, everytime we visit Aruba, it is one activity that we would never ever not do. It is so relaxing and fun. We have taken most of our guest on the trip and they always enjoy themselves. Thanks JoAnn and Albert for a fun filled evening.

David and Pam

Date of experience: April 2010
1  Thank phovatter
Reviewed December 18, 2010

My husband and I went on this sailing trip on Friday, December 17th. We met at the dock and check in/loading went really smoothly. Joanne and Albert are fantastic hosts. They made sure to learn everyone's names quickly and make everyone feel at home. They really made an effort to come by and talk with everyone, which was great for us "first timers". The weather was fabulous, but sadly the rough waters from the bad weather made the visibility very low on the snorkeling. I think we saw about three fish and that was only when Albert threw bread in our direction, brining the fish to us. Apparently the snorkeling is gnereally much much better... but it didn't ruin our trip. The sailing was so relaxing and the boat is very spacious and is great for couples to lay back together and relax. For drinks... go for the "special". It's great and packs quite a punch! This trip is a must do. My only complaint is that I wish it could have been longer!!

1  Thank shanwalk
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We sailed on the Black Pearl the week of December 2 and we had a great time. The weather had been really rainy but it was nice and clear for most of the sail. The crew was fabulous and made us feel right at home on their boat. The seats were super comfortable and spacious, perfect for snuggling. The snorkel site had a few shallow reefs that were fun to see with lots of pretty fish to look at. After the snorkeling we headed back to the pier and sampled the yummy cheese sandwiches everyone talks about. They were indeed very yummy and the blend of spices that is used does add to the flavor a lot. The boat special drink was also very yummy and they have a decent little bar to accommodate most requests. I loved sailing on the ocean and would say that the only thing I would change was that the sailing portion be longer. I would definitely sail with these guys again, it was a very blissful and relaxing experience.

1  Thank DrEricka