Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Karen Brown

This is an absolute must do when on the Island of Aruba! We have been sailing & snorkeling on the... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
KarenBrown1961
Bryantville, Massachusetts
via mobile
Love, love, love

I chose this cruise because of the accessibility to enter the water, i have a bad back and can’t do... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
O335ERmelanied

Recommended experiences in and around Aruba
from $50.00
from $85.00
from $70.77
from $73.68
1,875 results
All reviews grilled cheese sandwiches sunset cruise watermelon lounge seats special drink relaxing trip comfortable lounge beautiful sunset wonderful hosts snorkeling spots laid back hit the spot great sail relaxing afternoon rum punch snorkel stops
Selected filters
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We went on the Black Pearl on Thursday December 9th. What a wonderful experience!!! Albert, Raul, and Joanne were so helpful and friendly. We were nervous since we didn't know what to expect. Once we entered the catamaran, it was such a smooth ride. Albert attempted to help me since I am petrified of water but I did try to snorkel and I did see fish which was an excitment for me. I recommend this trip for anyone who would like to be with friendly people and have a great time. The sandwiches were delicious thanks to Joanne. I also loved the video.

1  Thank jclouie
Reviewed December 11, 2010

...was book this excursion. Albert and Joanne were wonderful hosts. This was like being invited to their home and taking a dip in their pool with friends, but with the bonus of lounging on a boat and going snorkeling. This is a MUST DO activity when you're on the island... we'll be back.

2  Thank JonW_2010
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We actually found the Black Pearl on Trip Advisor and although DePalm Tours was right in our Resort, we decided to try the Black Pearl with the hopes that the reviews would live up to our expectations. Our expectaions were not only met, but they were exceeded. It felt as if we were on a private tour boat and not a tourist attraction. It was so relaxing! The "special rum cocktails" were delicious and Joann and Albert kept them coming! My boyfriend and I went snorkeling for the first time in Aruba and it was amazing. Finally, the homemade tomato sandwiches and grilled cheese were delicious. Thank you Joann and Albert! We plan on returning to Aruba again and will definitely seek out the Black Pearl/ Blue Melody!
-Katie and Karl

1  Thank KatieKarl
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Like probably everyone else, I booked due to ratings in tripadvisor, I was there with my boyfriend and neither one of us are crazy party people so I didn't want to do the party boats, especially as it's just the 2 of us. Booked ahead of time online, but you don't have to pay until actually on the boat. The seats were casually assigned, to get the non snorkel people in the front, but we were in the back and as it's just a slow ride, it really doesn't matter. ALSO being in the back was great because we just got to talk about random things and here Albert's stories. Sadly no sea turtles but we did get to see a sting ray! The punch was good, like everyone else says, the cheese sandwiches were good, first round was non grilled with tomatoes, 2nd round is the grilled cheese, at least for us. I'm a nervous swimmer, so I got one of the floaty band things at first, which was nice, but then took it off 10 minutes in and returned it to the boat, it was pretty convenient. If you are looking for fun snorkeling trip that is not crowded, a relaxing sail, EXTREMELY nice people, this is a good choice for you. If I come back to Aruba, I would do it again.

1  Thank Ohiotraveler1982
Reviewed November 30, 2010

On Nov. 11, 2010, a group of 15 or so of us went on their sunset sail. Joann and Albert were absolutely wonderful. One in our group lost her husband in the summer and wanted to spread some of his ashes in the blue Aruba waters. Albert and Joann were so gracious and respectful. Our group can't thank them enough.

I highly recommend going on their sail and will make it something we do every year.

1  Thank MellieK