“Highlight of our trip”

Blue Melody & Black Pearl Sailing
Ranked #2 of 28 Tours in Palm - Eagle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Afternoon delight Sailing and Snorkeling Sunset Cruse. There is only a small group of people on board, very calm waters.First..We turn off the motor and there is no loud music, relaxing in the sun or shade, sailing along the beautiful coastline of Aruba, with a nice cold drink. Sounds good?
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We sailed on the Black Pearl the week of December 2 and we had a great time. The weather had been really rainy but it was nice and clear for most of the sail. The crew was fabulous and made us feel right at home on their boat. The seats were super comfortable and spacious, perfect for snuggling. The snorkel site had a few shallow reefs that were fun to see with lots of pretty fish to look at. After the snorkeling we headed back to the pier and sampled the yummy cheese sandwiches everyone talks about. They were indeed very yummy and the blend of spices that is used does add to the flavor a lot. The boat special drink was also very yummy and they have a decent little bar to accommodate most requests. I loved sailing on the ocean and would say that the only thing I would change was that the sailing portion be longer. I would definitely sail with these guys again, it was a very blissful and relaxing experience.

1  Thank DrEricka
Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)
All reviews
in 59 reviews
"laid back"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed December 13, 2010

We went on the Black Pearl on Thursday December 9th. What a wonderful experience!!! Albert, Raul, and Joanne were so helpful and friendly. We were nervous since we didn't know what to expect. Once we entered the catamaran, it was such a smooth ride. Albert attempted to help me since I am petrified of water but I did try to snorkel and I did see fish which was an excitment for me. I recommend this trip for anyone who would like to be with friendly people and have a great time. The sandwiches were delicious thanks to Joanne. I also loved the video.

1  Thank jclouie
Reviewed December 11, 2010

...was book this excursion. Albert and Joanne were wonderful hosts. This was like being invited to their home and taking a dip in their pool with friends, but with the bonus of lounging on a boat and going snorkeling. This is a MUST DO activity when you're on the island... we'll be back.

2  Thank JonW_2010
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We actually found the Black Pearl on Trip Advisor and although DePalm Tours was right in our Resort, we decided to try the Black Pearl with the hopes that the reviews would live up to our expectations. Our expectaions were not only met, but they were exceeded. It felt as if we were on a private tour boat and not a tourist attraction. It was so relaxing! The "special rum cocktails" were delicious and Joann and Albert kept them coming! My boyfriend and I went snorkeling for the first time in Aruba and it was amazing. Finally, the homemade tomato sandwiches and grilled cheese were delicious. Thank you Joann and Albert! We plan on returning to Aruba again and will definitely seek out the Black Pearl/ Blue Melody!
-Katie and Karl

1  Thank KatieKarl
See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Like probably everyone else, I booked due to ratings in tripadvisor, I was there with my boyfriend and neither one of us are crazy party people so I didn't want to do the party boats, especially as it's just the 2 of us. Booked ahead of time online, but you don't have to pay until actually on the boat. The seats were casually assigned, to get the non snorkel people in the front, but we were in the back and as it's just a slow ride, it really doesn't matter. ALSO being in the back was great because we just got to talk about random things and here Albert's stories. Sadly no sea turtles but we did get to see a sting ray! The punch was good, like everyone else says, the cheese sandwiches were good, first round was non grilled with tomatoes, 2nd round is the grilled cheese, at least for us. I'm a nervous swimmer, so I got one of the floaty band things at first, which was nice, but then took it off 10 minutes in and returned it to the boat, it was pretty convenient. If you are looking for fun snorkeling trip that is not crowded, a relaxing sail, EXTREMELY nice people, this is a good choice for you. If I come back to Aruba, I would do it again.

1  Thank Ohiotraveler1982