Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Karen Brown

This is an absolute must do when on the Island of Aruba! We have been sailing & snorkeling on the... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
KarenBrown1961
Bryantville, Massachusetts
via mobile
Love, love, love

I chose this cruise because of the accessibility to enter the water, i have a bad back and can’t do... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
O335ERmelanied

Recommended experiences in and around Aruba
from $50.00
from $76.50
from $70.77
from $73.68
1,875 results
All reviews grilled cheese sandwiches sunset cruise watermelon lounge seats special drink relaxing trip comfortable lounge beautiful sunset wonderful hosts snorkeling spots laid back hit the spot great sail relaxing afternoon rum punch snorkel stops
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The Black Pearl was fabulous!! Small boat, quite ride (sailing) only 20 people with comfy seats. Two spots to snorkel and then the kids were diving into the water while the rest of the group snorkled and relaxed. It was perfect in every way. Host were very accomodating and the food was delicious. Had to come home and buy Gouda Cheese!!

Date of experience: August 2011
1  Thank Beth M
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Black Pearl Sunset/Snorkel Sail was the best day we had for excursions. We really enjoyed the comfortable seats/loungers, the personable atmosphere because of small group (18 guests), and the drinks/food were good too. Joann and her crew did a great job. The snorkel equipment included a flotation belt (rather than a vest) which made all the difference in comfort and security for us (my first time snorkeling), and the crew was very patient until I was able to let go of the ladder! Snorkel spots were Malmok (fantastic) and Arashi (had a bit of a current), both were about 8-12 feet deep. The sailboat hugged the coastline all the way and the views were spectacular, as was the sunset on return. We felt very safe the whole time so we could really relax and enjoy our trip. Bathrooms behind Moomba if you want to change when you get off boat. $49pp online, reserve early. Highly recommend, would definitely do this again.

1  Thank sheff29
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had a wonderful time on the boat. Albert and Joann were terrific. Joann taught my son how to snorkel and he had a blast. My other son loved the experience too and especially liked to dive off the tip of the boat! Thanks for a memorable experience.

Date of experience: August 2011
2  Thank Darryl541
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were a little surprised at first at how slow the boat sailed. It ended up being very peaceful and relaxing. It felt like a family was taking you along on a sailing trip. Albert and Joann made sure everyone felt comfortable and had drinks and food. We stopped at two snorkeling spots. At the first, we were next to a giant sailboat that was blasting party music and had people waiting in line to jump off a ropeswing. We were very glad we weren't on that boat. The second, Catalina, had the most to look at. It was beautiful! Overall, it was a fun trip. Very different from other snorkel trips we've been on, but nice for a change! Especially when you pass by the bigger boats that are loaded with people and blaring the Macarena.

2  Thank jaytana
Reviewed August 1, 2011

...because I had initially thought that all the yee-hah reviews were bogus. I really did this to satisfy my curiosity and I am glad I did. My husband and I sailed on the Black Pearl last Thursday for the sunset snorkel. We booked online well before we arrived in Aruba and communications were excellent.

We had never been up to Moomba where the excursion leaves, and it might be tricky to find if you don't know where you're going. Albert and Joann were very welcoming--they made a point of learning our names and chatting a little. (Their helper rubbed me the wrong way a bit--when he asked how many times we had been to Aruba, he scoffed when I told him "four." He said that we Americans were crazy to keep returning to places we knew. Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you, huh?!)

Our voyage was full--all twenty chaise longues were occupied. The passengers ranged in age from early twenties to about sixty. If you are looking for a Party Boat, skip the Black Pearl because it would be a Snooze Cruise. It was a lovely ride up the coast, with two snorkel stops. We were served beverages, slices of watermelon and multigrain bread with sliced Gouda. A little later on, we had the much-vaunted grilled cheese, which was good but will NOT rock your world.

I would recommend this excursion as a very nice way to see a bit of the coast, a few colorful fish and Aruba's stock in trade--the sunset. The hosts are very nice people, the boat is immaculate and the online booking price represents real value.

8  Thank Lori12309