“Inconsistency With the Food”
Review of Le Bistro Aruba - CLOSED

Le Bistro Aruba
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Le Bistro is located across from the Holiday Inn Beach Resort on the Palm Beach boulevard strip.Managed by the owners, Le Bistro stands out between the brightly colored shops of the Paseo Herencia Shopping Mall. It is a spot of understated elegance and affordable luxury. A team of very good chefs and waiters serve hot and cold beverages, lunch and dinner items in a French Mediterranean style. This means that the tiny amount of extra thought and effort makes coming back a next time so easy.
New York City, New York
“Inconsistency With the Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hostess was super friendly as was the waiter. The biggest biggest problem and I'm having a hard time rating this place is that the food was inconsistent. Two dishes were HORRIBLY salty. It's almost as if the chef just dumped an entire canister of salt into the french onion soup and the Caesar salad. It was disgusting and horrible. Then, the chicken in my mixed skewer dish was SO undercooked it was basically raw. All the other meats were tasty though.

You'd think with all of the above, that I would really have given this place 1 star. But the rest of the meal was wonderful. My son had Spaghetti bolognese from the kids menu and it was great. The portion was pretty large as well. My husband had the Fruits de Mer and he absolutely loved it and said it was one of the best meals he had on the trip.

So basically, I'm thinking 2.5 stars. They have inconsistencies with their kitchen so they really need to check up on that. I would definitely not recommend this place unless you happen to be in the area.

Btw, I believe the restaurant has an indoor seating area that's a short walk away.

• Visited September 2013

Wallace, North Carolina
“A Bit of a Disappointment”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Le Bistro is located in a shopping mall, and while separated from shoppers, I had the feeling we were eating in a food court. The service was good and the wait staff attentive, however the bread was brought in a basket with no plates. Le Bistro advertises tapas, however I did not see a tapas menu nor were tapas on the menu provided. I must admit that I did not ask, but nothing was offered. Our waiter did not provide a description of the specials - which I noted on a chalk board as we were leaving. I ordered a pasta Bolognaise with linguine as the pasta - it was served with spaghetti (which was one of the other pasta choices for this entree). We had to request Parmesan cheese as none was provided on the table. Tables are pretty close together, and I was treated to the cigarette smoke from the diner sitting behind me (and holding her cigarette about 2 feet from my head - delightful). Even though this is an outdoor restaurant, the odor of cigarette smoke does not make for a nice dining experience. . Prices seemed to be a bit high for the entrees offered. The food was adequately prepared and served hot with a reasonable wait. I would not go back.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and made to order”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Fresh and made to order. Wife and I both had pasta dishes. Portion was small for the price. Could've come with a salad for a better value. We'd go back on next visit

• Visited July 2013
Esteban D, Owner at Le Bistro Aruba, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
thanks for you remark, we are working to make this place better day by day, and hope in your next visit get a better experience
North Bergen, New Jersey
“New hidden gem!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Great new find!

Stumbled onto this little gem in the Paseo Mall with friends on our 2nd trip to Aruba. Tonight's dinner has turned into the best dinner of the trip. All courses were magnificently flavored, starting with the tapas that we had as appetizers, into the fish soups, grouper and tuna dinners shared and ending with 2 great deserts, including a fried banana with chocolate and dulce leche dipping sauces which just knocked it out of the park. Based on this visit i highly recommend Le Bistro for both lunch and dinner on your next trip to Aruba!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jaime S
Esteban D, Owner at Le Bistro Aruba, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for the comment, we apreciate your friendship. Best regards, hope to see you back again at Le Bistro, looking forward to spending a great time.
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Nice sea food plates”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Me and my wife got fish and shrimp respectively. Nice and tasty. The waiter was extremely nice and suggested a salad as starter (delicious and huge) and the main dishes. I recommend. In a place that you can choose among some hundred restaurants with different cuisines, they deserve a visit.

• Visited June 2013
Esteban D, Owner at Le Bistro Aruba, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you so much your kind remarks. we are currently working hard towards making this restaurant a fun and enjoyable place for all.we hope to hear and see more of you. Day by day our target better food and experience for our guest!