“be prepared to spend some cash!”

Papillon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Papillon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Henri Charrière, one of the world’s most famous prisoners, would surely have had the time of his life at Papillon Restaurant in The Village, across from the Radisson Resort. Nicknamed Papillon because of the butterfly tattoo on his chest, he was the first convict to escape from Devil’s Island. Charrière’s thrilling, gripping autobiography has been the concept behind Papillon Restaurant.Papillon Restaurant’s menu reflects the Frenchman’s arduous journey to freedom: classic French dishes have been dusted with daring Caribbean flair and are a culinary journey for your taste buds. The spacious outside terrace is perfect for casual fine dining or one may enjoy the air-conditioned inside dining space.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Delicious food, friendly staff and nice atmosphere, but it was expensive. I had a delicious grouper dinner and the almost everyone else at the table had seafood and everyone loved their food. Fun bathrooms... they give you chalk so you can write on the walls :)
Also, you should know that if a restaurant adds 15%, in Aruba, that does not go to servers. You have to tip extra for the servers to get any of it.

There are newer reviews for Papillon Restaurant

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I experience a wonderful and delicious dinner at Papillon Restaurant. We were seated a at nice table under the canopy by a very friendly waitress that gave us a list of the specials for the evening. We were offered some bread with oils and enjoyed a glass of White Zinfandel. We ordered the Mixed green salad. I ordered the Sea Bass en Sel which came was oven-baked sea bass in a sea salt crust served with a cilantro pesto and a mango-tomato compote...outstanding!! My husband ordered the Cara fed Chickin Breast which came as a wing on chicken breast marinated in Caribbean spices and fried on the skin, served with a Dijon mustard mango beurre blanc....also outstanding! As the sun set, the atmosphere along with the French music softly playing in the background made for a very romantic environment.
We loved the total French experience...thanks again!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This restaurant was delicious. Both of our meals and appetizer was well presented and flavorful. The fish was fresh. Service was great! It is also in a great location with great shopping all around you. It is walking distance from many hotels.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We started at the bar, and the bartender was fabulous. Mixed my husband a good drink, kept my beer glass full but remaining beer in the bottle cool behind the bar. He even came out and topped off my beer outside after we got seated! Our server was great - he told us about the specials and then clarified that the sole was a whole fish (i.e. NOT de-boned) which saved me from ordering it. I had the foie gras appetizer and snapper entree, my husband had the lobster bisque and a beef entree - all wonderful. The server was always on top of it, and it was a great night to be out on the porch. This was probably our favorite meal on the island. Well worth the visit!

1  Thank snowchick77
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a great meal at Papillion. Started with the Almond Brie appetizer, which was very good. For the entree's I thoroughly enjoyed the Aji Shrimp. Another member of our party had the Polenta, which I tried (that was very good also-- different from the traditional Italian Polenta I am use to.) The service was very good, and the staff was very helpful in explaining the specials and offerings. The atmosphere and outdoor seating were very nice as well. Highly recommend trying Papillion, I will be back the next time I am on the island.