“Service is ok as is the food”

Papillon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Papillon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Henri Charrière, one of the world’s most famous prisoners, would surely have had the time of his life at Papillon Restaurant in The Village, across from the Radisson Resort. Nicknamed Papillon because of the butterfly tattoo on his chest, he was the first convict to escape from Devil’s Island. Charrière’s thrilling, gripping autobiography has been the concept behind Papillon Restaurant.Papillon Restaurant’s menu reflects the Frenchman’s arduous journey to freedom: classic French dishes have been dusted with daring Caribbean flair and are a culinary journey for your taste buds. The spacious outside terrace is perfect for casual fine dining or one may enjoy the air-conditioned inside dining space.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Papillon reviewers rave about the service. The service is only good at damage control. Our reservation was for indoor seating and it somehow got misplaced..we were then given a patio table. 20 minutes later, the hostess moved us to an indoor table. However, our food order then went missing and after almost an hour, we got our appetizers. My salad came on a plate that was burning hot. When I found the waitress, she seemed pleased when she returned with a plate at the correct temperature. Another 45 minutes goes by before entrees arrive. I ordered tuna seared rare, it arrived medium. I requested vegetables instead of rice, I got cheesy rice risotto. Bathrooms are down an alley shared with the adjoining mall. We won't rush back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Have wanted to try this restaurant for last couple of years. Pretty well need a reservation after 730pm. Baked Brie appetizer was a bit too hard to cut, too much pastry shell. Bass is done in a French style shell and was vey good. Service was good and attentive. Would recommend the fix the tables though as a number of them were very wobbly and felt as if the were going to crash. Overall good experience

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I went there on our concierge recommendation and were definitely not disappointed. The service was by far the best we experienced on the island and the food was very good. A little expensive but well worth the money.Try the mushroom soup and veil chop, wow

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had wanted to try for some time. Location is perfect, walkoing distance from the high rises. We walked up one evening sans reservations and they were very accomodating. We were seated right away and ate at the bar. They ended up having a table ready but we were already into the first course and the chairs were comfy. The cuisine is French with a twist. Had an amazing French Reisling which was dry not sweet. The salad with brie en croute on top is the best salad I have ever had. The brie was perfectly cooked, did not overpower. The poisson rouge, which my husband had was cooked perfectly. I had grouper over risotto which was surprisingly light. We'll be back.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner at the Restaurant on January 22nd. Our waitress, Shirley, was excellent! She was very knowledgeable and personable. My wife had the special rib steak rolled with vegetables and I had the scallops. Both dishes were wonderful. We will return upon our next trip to Aruba.