~ BOARDWALK HOTEL ARUBA ~ This place is a TRUE Gem!!
...and I am not an easy travel critic ; )
My Pro's and Cons:
1.) Boardwalk Hotel Aruba = Location - Can't get better for a deal and soon to be even better!!
Under 1 minute walk to both Marriott and The New Ritz Carlton. So if you want to go to the Casino or dine at a restaurant on the beach - "walk across the street" literally.
2.) Super clean and organized property and grounds.
3.) Free internet - Free parking - No, I didn't have to tip everybody I walk by!
4.) Nespresso Machine in the Lobby - B.Y.O.B. islands can't get all importations - so I brought my own capsules. Note: Available only during Open lobby hours….
5.) Open Lobby Hours…. It's true according to other posts - the lobby hours are limited to daytime and I was surprised they were not there to check me in, upon my arrival in the evening - i.e. find your own room and figure it out, that kinda turned me off - but once you do get to your room there is a welcome letter and other nice welcome treats along with a cell phone number available 24/7 if your need anything - so in the end it didn't matter. They were available if I NEEDED them.
6.) A full kitchen and BBQ in Casita’s - my sister actually stayed at the Marriott across the street - so we luckily and experienced both worlds - Charming Hotel vs. Big Resort - 2 nights out of five they were at our hotel at the Boardwalk as we cooked BBQ fish on the grill! It was great. The Grocery Store is about 3 miles (by taxi or car) Google “SUPER FOOD” Aruba.
The beach - First of all the beaches of Aruba are "off the hook" the first day we floated in the water for 8 hours without boredom - because it's so darn beautiful. Eagle Beach is a must see! Ok back to Boardwalk - they do have beach access at MooMba Beach which is very nice with chairs complimentary and also with a restaurant and bar, although it is a bit of a walk (not tooooo far) BUT it is a walk down the beach/or a drive is easier to MooMba Beach. Although Boardwalk is on the verge of new beach access - across the street - so you will have to book with them/call/email and ask. For Boardwalk it will be very exciting times!!
Security – Aruba, in general, according to my stay was safe - BUT there is always a car break in or wallet stolen while vacationing ~ all over the globe. Boardwalk Hotel provides "in room safes" and have 2 security cameras on the parking lot at all times.
Room for improvement here - a security gate with card access to get in and off the property and more cameras. Although again, I had no problem or security issues.
Side note: ARUBA CAR RENTALS -- When I rented a car in Aruba they actually had me sign off – for the cost of what it is to replace stolen parts in advance!!!! Read the fine print.
That to me was suspicious about petty car theft in Aruba. Needless to say, I parked directly under the security camera every night!!
CON: Small pool at the Boardwalk but it is enough to jump in – We did spend some time at Marriott general pool and Marriott’s exclusive pool – but you can hardly compare pools as Marriott room prices are nearly double Boardwalk’s! So considering THE VALUE you receive at Boardwalk their pool is fine.
Boardwalk has Style and Class - with the small things - i.e décor - and they are not penny pinching with incidentals - complimentary snorkel gear and complimentary iced tea, etc…
these small treats combined with their special décor mattered to me, and made it especially easy and a very nice place to stay.
Overall a two thumbs up on this hotel,
Staff was excellent - real people - both running and working at this hotel.
If I had my choice over the BIG RESORTS or Boardwalk -
I would choose the BOARDWALK HOTEL ARUBA every time.
I am booking my next stay September 2014.
Hope you do too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel offers 14 spacious casitas spread out in the peaceful gardens of a historic coconut plantation. The hotel is located just a 3 minutes walk from popular Palm Beach where you can enjoy our NEW cozy beach area, providing shade and lounge chairs. All 14 casitas are tastefully decorated in fresh Caribbean colors and feature a large living room, fully equipped kitchen, modern bathroom, separate bedroom(s), private patio equipped with your own hammock and BBQ grill, TV, full air conditioning and free WIFI. Daily breakfast service is available. Other perks and privileges include daily housekeeping services, complimentary beach towels, beach chairs, cool box and snorkel gear. The owners of the hotel, fun twin sisters, offer concierge services and excellent recommendations, providing you with the local scoop. The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel with palm-fringed gardens and cozy swimming pool offers the ultimate setting for a relaxing and romantic vacation in Aruba. Couples of all ages as well as young families will truly enjoy this hidden gem in Palm Beach, Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boardwalk Hotel Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Vacation Retreat Hotel
- Boardwalk Hotel Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach