My boyfriend and I just returned from a week at the Boardwalk Hotel in Aruba and I can't say enough good things about it. This is not a resort hotel and you shouldn't expect resort amenities but you also don't get resort crowds and resort noise. What you get is a large room with a separate bedroom (or rooms if you book a larger place) and bathroom. A well equipped kitchen, a private patio with hammock, a charcoal grill and the nicest staff I've met at a hotel.
The hotel is a block off of the beach. They provide you with a cooler, folding chairs, beach towels and snorkel masks. From here, you can explore the island (we rented a car and while you don't have to have one, it gave us the freedom to go anywhere we wanted). If you want to do nothing, walk down to the beach to the MooMba club, grab a lounge chair (free for Boardwalk guests) and enjoy the music.
We took the staff's suggestions on places to visit including beaches to see the best fish and restaurants. All were spot on.
If you're looking for a resort with tons of amenities, this is probably not your best choice. If you're looking for an incredibly peaceful and tranquil oasis, this is the best place I can think of.
We will definitely be returning to Boardwalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel offers 14 spacious casitas spread out in the peaceful gardens of a historic coconut plantation. The hotel is located just a 3 minutes walk from popular Palm Beach where you can enjoy our NEW cozy beach area, providing shade and lounge chairs. All 14 casitas are tastefully decorated in fresh Caribbean colors and feature a large living room, fully equipped kitchen, modern bathroom, separate bedroom(s), private patio equipped with your own hammock and BBQ grill, TV, full air conditioning and free WIFI. Daily breakfast service is available. Other perks and privileges include daily housekeeping services, complimentary beach towels, beach chairs, cool box and snorkel gear. The owners of the hotel, fun twin sisters, offer concierge services and excellent recommendations, providing you with the local scoop. The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel with palm-fringed gardens and cozy swimming pool offers the ultimate setting for a relaxing and romantic vacation in Aruba. Couples of all ages as well as young families will truly enjoy this hidden gem in Palm Beach, Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boardwalk Hotel Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Vacation Retreat Hotel
- Boardwalk Hotel Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach