My wife found this property after extensive research for our first trip to Aruba (but no out first to Caribbean). We very much looked forward to our stay based upon other reviews. When we arrived, we were not disappointed. We dealt a lot with Stephanie and she was truly outstanding and forthcoming with anything we requested. Such things as arranging a rental car (from a local company very close by, they pick you up to get vehicle and then when you return they transport to airport for fraction of the cost that the taxis charge), to providing directions, places to eat/reservations (we enjoyed a beach dining experience at Barefoot... the food phenomenal and sunset was breathtaking), places and things to see, and also things not to bother with as well. Not to sell Stephanie's other half short (twin sister and co-operator Kimberly) as she made a fantastic suggestion for happy hour to us and was always friendly and inviting as well. It's just we dealt more so with Stephanie. The property, while not beach front, truly is a 3-5 minute stroll to the Marriott beach locations. There is construction going on right across the street (Ritz Carlton) but that by no means is an issue, nor are you disturbed by any construction noise etc. The grounds are very well maintained, the pool just the right size to take a dip and be refreshed. The little touches like hammocks and cozy veranda couches and chairs should not be overlooked. It all provides a very homey appeal. The Friday afternoon rum punch social is fun and a way to meet other guests. Which I have to say is another plus about this property. You get to know the other guests and share so much more than just a hotel. The room we stayed in was a one bedroom (#11) which was poolside. The casita was plenty big for (3) of us, including our 18 year old daughter. The cabinet spaces, dresser, updated bathroom, well equipped kitchen, wi-fi access, along with the color choices/schemes all show the attention to details that are being put in to ensure the experience of staying here is as positive and enjoyable as possible. We felt relaxed and at home upon returning from venturing out to the beaches, lighthouse, desert, downtown, or wherever we went. You will want to have a vehicle for the most part to ensure you can experience the entire island and also to shop at the Super Foods. That in itself was somewhat enjoyable. We enjoyed eating breakfast in the mornings out on our private deck before starting out busy days. I won't go on rambling, but want to reiterate that I definitely have nothing but praise to give to the girls at the Boardwalk, along with the support staff, grounds/housekeeping as well. This property is truly a breath of fresh air and nice change of pace from the over saturated, over crowed high rises that rule the area. Do yourself and favor and stay at the Boardwalk. We will return when we go to Aruba again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel offers 14 spacious casitas spread out in the peaceful gardens of a historic coconut plantation. The hotel is located just a 3 minutes walk from popular Palm Beach where you can enjoy our NEW cozy beach area, providing shade and lounge chairs. All 14 casitas are tastefully decorated in fresh Caribbean colors and feature a large living room, fully equipped kitchen, modern bathroom, separate bedroom(s), private patio equipped with your own hammock and BBQ grill, TV, full air conditioning and free WIFI. Daily breakfast service is available. Other perks and privileges include daily housekeeping services, complimentary beach towels, beach chairs, cool box and snorkel gear. The owners of the hotel, fun twin sisters, offer concierge services and excellent recommendations, providing you with the local scoop. The boutique-style Boardwalk Small Hotel with palm-fringed gardens and cozy swimming pool offers the ultimate setting for a relaxing and romantic vacation in Aruba. Couples of all ages as well as young families will truly enjoy this hidden gem in Palm Beach, Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Boardwalk Hotel Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Vacation Retreat Hotel
- Boardwalk Hotel Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach