We have timeshare in the UK and had swapped for two weeks in Aruba at two different resorts. Having enjojed a week at the Caribbean Palm Village Resort in Aruba the previous week, when we checked in to La Quinta, I was shocked to find that there was a compulsory charge for the restaurant even though we have self catering timeshare. I was even more shocked that when we got to our room, a supposed one bedroom sleep four in private (2+2), that the bedroom had no ceiling (the room ceiling fan did both the lounge and the bedroom), there were slats between the lounge and the bedroom that you could see through, and the bedroom door had no latch or lock for it to be securely closed. This room had NO PRIVACY and to me was a studio apartment.
The desk staff were rude and unhelpful (they would take private phone calls whilst you were trying to talk to them) and I could not understand why there was no manager on duty on a Saturday which is the changeover day - I am a manager and I am always present when we are busiest and if that's a weekend then that's a weekend.
Fortunately Interval International were able to arrange a further swap after only spending one night their and we moved to the Casa del Mar round the corner, which was very nice. Avoid this La Quinta resort like the plague, it's terrible and not what it states on your exchange. You also had to pay for WiFi, which is a nonsense in this day and and age.
On a general note about Aruba, we found it to be a very friendly, if expensive island. The major gripe I had was with the amount of restaurants that imposed a 15% service charge (including the Hard Rock Cafe - BOO) and the amount of shops and restaurants that did not include sales tax in the advertised price, this really is an Aruban Rip Off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Beach Resort consists of 54 suites of varying sizes and different designs in two sections. Guest amenities includes WiFi - pool bar - beach attributes - beach bar - restaurant - car-rental - two salt water pools - lushly landscaped pool deck and is located on world renowned Eagle Beach ... more less
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- La Quinta Palm Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach La Quinta
- La Quinta Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach