New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Nice, Relaxing Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
La Quinta Beach Resort
You added La Quinta Beach Resort to your Saves list
Seattle, Washington
“Nice, Relaxing Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was our first trip to Aruba so I can't compare with anywhere else but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. We booked through Interval as an exchange with our time share in Florida. Since I had read reviews here beforehand I was prepared for the room tax and fee for the internet and the $20 to spend at the pool bar was very easy to spend. Our room was in Phase I on the ground floor and it was very clean and bug free. It wasn't exactly cozy or equipped with modern TVs but we didn't come to Aruba to spend time in the room so that was fine. The location was great right across the street from Eagle Beach which was beautiful, clean and empty. We always got a spot in the shade and beach chairs no matter what time we went to the beach. The housekeeping washed all our dishes and gave us clean towels and made the bed everyday which was nice. The staff was friendly and helpful when we had questions and checking in and out was easy and quick.

There was no nightlife or happy hour at the resort which was kind of a shame so things were pretty dead in the evenings since most of the other guests were older. But we just went to Palm Beach in the evenings and went out the the bars and restaurants there. So just plan on renting a car or hopping on a bus if you want to go out late! I would recommend this spot to other travelers and would return to La Quinta again. I think for people who want to relax on a nice beach and have a quiet spot to come back to at the end of the day would enjoy it. It's not for people who want a party atmosphere or a resort that has a ton of on site amenities but if you want to explore the island/enjoy the beach and not spend a ton of time at the resort this place is for you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank asim11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
L.A
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family & I stayed at La Quinta a few weeks ago we used an exchange program from II .We were surprise how much fun we had in our stay to this resort. It's small but well maintain resort, clean, neat & the employees are great specially Arlyn from the Front desk always wear a big smile & ready to help. Maintenance are fast & the maid Elsa was fantastic.
we highly recommend this resort specially to those people who wants quite , relaxing vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank lyn s
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is my third place I have stayed in Aruba. I have stayed at the Marriott, which I was not impresssed with, I have stayed at the Playa Linda, which is very nice. A little too expensive for my taste. Now for LaQuinta, it is the best place for me to stay, the staff are so polite, it is very intimate, quiet, and in no way over crowded, I met some really nice people. It has a certain charm, I rented from someone who owns, he rented to someone else for the same week, the front desk worked with me, I was put in a room with a hot tub, the rooms were spacious. Right around the corner is the best resturant with Greek and Italian food. I am going home and attempting to by two weeks here. The up keep of the grounds are great and clean. My only complaint is the bartender had the personality of a snail, I think he smiled one time, he must have had a gas pain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Claire Mary P
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We are currently staying here. We are starting our second week and this is our 3rd trip to Aruba. First off, those wh put bad reviews are use to the the highrise area. For the record, loud, busy, and over populated. This is a quite, small hotel, and great location. Our sevice has been excellent except for the bartender. Anything that has come up they have immediately fixed. They have been friendly, helpful, and curtious.
Regarding the bartender- There are rumors he talks. I haven't seen that. The $20 per week per room is a perfect and acceptable way to get people to the bar. He however will not keep people.
We have 2 friends joining us the 2nd half of our vacation. I am hoping he does a better job of make the cute little bar fun. We will see.
The other staff is fabulous!!!!! Clean pools, rooms, and grounds. Beach is beautiful and not over crowded.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gina M
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family and I stayed at La Quinta in August of this year. For the record, my "family" consisted of my wife and me, our three sons (ages 23, 24, and 26), and my son's girlfriend (age 24). I was a little worried when I read some of the negative reviews, but we had a great stay and a great time. Yes, there was a charge for the internet ($25 for the week, which wasn't bad considering we had 8 devices hooked up), but that was about it as far as extras.

The staff was great - extremely helpful with figuring out the bus schedule, getting taxis, making reservations, swapping towels, and answering general questions.

The pool bar was a great place to hang out at during the day and early evening. It's stated closing time is 7pm but if you're there eating and drinking, they'll stay open. Most nights we headed into the "high rise" area where there were a number of restaurants and bars so the "early" closing wasn't a big deal.

The beach is right across the street. I counted 300 feet from the edge of the hotel grounds to the edge of the beach. It was a little crowded on Saturday and Sunday due to an "event" taking place, but Monday through Friday it was empty. Even on Saturday and Sunday we had no problem getting lounge chairs (we met a couple on our Jeep Tour that was staying in one of the high rise hotels. They confirmed that if you get to the beach after 6:30am you will not get a chair!).

We stayed in phase 1 which is the older part of the resort (it opened in 1993). The rooms in phase 2 are much larger. In Phase 1 you overlook the pool, and in Phase 2 you can see the ocean. Unfortunately if you look down you do have a view of a construction site. Keep your eyes on the amazing sunset and you'll be fine :-).

It was unanimous that we would all come back in the future and see what a Phase 2 room is like.

PS: We are not owners. We used a timeshare swap.

Room Tip: Phase 2 appears to have larger rooms. You can take a cab ($9US) or bus ($1.30US pp) to the high-ri...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Tim G
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We loved this small, intimate resort located steps from the beautiful renowned Eagle Beach. La Quinta's charm, spacious rooms and oversized balcony (phase II 2/bed) was perfect for our group. The poolside bar El Geco, served generous drinks with a limited menu as we relaxed alongside the huge, clean and sparkling pool. The staff, especially the front office staff and beach attendant (Cocoy), are welcoming, friendly and rendered exceptional customer service. We would definitely return to LaQuinta!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ilivewell C
Long Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Do not stay here if you have high expectations. We got this room through a time share exchange on Interval International. We exchanged a week at our 5 star time share for a dump! The rooms we had smelled of urine and mold. The view from our balcony was of a construction site and a large crane. The grounds are horrible and littered. The manager is rude and offensive. When you check in they give you 4 remotes and a bunch of keys. You need a key to turn on the A/C and a remote control to control it. There is no safe-just a small lock box on the wall. Don't stay here. All this place is is just a sleezy motel across the street from the beach. They also charge you tons of fees. Beware seriously! We had to stay elswhere and spend lots of extra money.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple