This was our first trip to Aruba so I can't compare with anywhere else but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. We booked through Interval as an exchange with our time share in Florida. Since I had read reviews here beforehand I was prepared for the room tax and fee for the internet and the $20 to spend at the pool bar was very easy to spend. Our room was in Phase I on the ground floor and it was very clean and bug free. It wasn't exactly cozy or equipped with modern TVs but we didn't come to Aruba to spend time in the room so that was fine. The location was great right across the street from Eagle Beach which was beautiful, clean and empty. We always got a spot in the shade and beach chairs no matter what time we went to the beach. The housekeeping washed all our dishes and gave us clean towels and made the bed everyday which was nice. The staff was friendly and helpful when we had questions and checking in and out was easy and quick.
There was no nightlife or happy hour at the resort which was kind of a shame so things were pretty dead in the evenings since most of the other guests were older. But we just went to Palm Beach in the evenings and went out the the bars and restaurants there. So just plan on renting a car or hopping on a bus if you want to go out late! I would recommend this spot to other travelers and would return to La Quinta again. I think for people who want to relax on a nice beach and have a quiet spot to come back to at the end of the day would enjoy it. It's not for people who want a party atmosphere or a resort that has a ton of on site amenities but if you want to explore the island/enjoy the beach and not spend a ton of time at the resort this place is for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Beach Resort consists of 54 suites of varying sizes and different designs in two sections. Guest amenities includes WiFi - pool bar - beach attributes - beach bar - restaurant - car-rental - two salt water pools - lushly landscaped pool deck and is located on world renowned Eagle Beach ... more less
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- La Quinta Palm Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach La Quinta
- La Quinta Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach