I just returned from a 4 night stay at La Quinta Beach Resort in Aruba. I've been to Aruba 3 times before but this was my first time staying at LQ. Before writing this review, I read about 20 others that were written here and most of them are pretty accurate. Fortunately for me, I didn't have any of the really bad experiences that a few others had such as ants/bugs in the room, broken elevator, broken AC, poor customer service, etc. Without writing a novel, I'll say that I agree with all of the positive things that have been written about LQ, including the amazing uncrowded beach right across the road, the size & cleanliness of the bigger sized pool, the quality of the food & drinks at the little restaurant/bar, efficient and great housekeeping, variety of TV channels including a lot of American ones, and the overall quality of the rooms. As for the negatives I experienced, the water pressure in the shower was awful. I had to spend 3 times as much time in there as I normally would. And my biggest complaint is what a lot of people have already mentioned. This hotel nickel & dimes the crap out of you! I asked them if I could print out my boarding pass for my flight home and the woman at the front desk told me it'd be $2.00 per page! I mean, really??? And then they charged me $15.00 for a 10 minute call I made to a local 297 area code cell phone from my room. Bottom line is, if they can charge you for it, they will. So be aware of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Beach Resort consists of 54 suites of varying sizes and different designs in two sections. Guest amenities includes WiFi - pool bar - beach attributes - beach bar - restaurant - car-rental - two salt water pools - lushly landscaped pool deck and is located on world renowned Eagle Beach ... more less
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- La Quinta Palm Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach La Quinta
- La Quinta Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach