“just like home!!”

Costa Linda Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed at Costa Linda Resort for 2 weeks. It is amazing and everyone makes you feel so welcome. Staff keeps saying welcome home when you arrive. The staff is so wonderful and accommodating. The condo unit is updated ,clean and perfect for all your needs. We ate breakfast and dinner out daily. We enjoyed having lunch and snacks on the patio each day. The resort is quiet at night and perfect for relaxation and sunbathing. The grounds are impeccably manicured and gardens are so beautiful. Just love the flowering plants,birds and smell of jasmine. All the plants are labeled and I enjoyed discovering differnent kinds of palm trees. The beach is clean and has powdery white sand and azure blue water. We were able to reserve a palapa daily to keep us protected from the sun.Enjoyed eating at the resort often. Edwin the food manager is a gem. His staff is friendly and always made us feel special. Thanks to Kaylee,Natalie ,Catius and Luis for being amazing servers. Their daily smiles and friendly conversation made us feel welcome . The breakfast,bar food and dinner were very good. My friend told us that his filet mignon was the best he had on the island. What great food!!! Edwin was accomodating and offered to make anything we wanted if it wasn't on the menu. What a treat to be able to eat and enjoy the sunset on the beach!!I My only complaint would be to add more items to their dessert menu. I also enjoyed Zumba,water aerobics,kayaking . Joel helped us put the kayak in and out of the water. He was so nice . The security staff also shared their stories and were friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to make sure all our needs and safety were taken care of daily. The towel lady was so nice and friendly. She helped me with my Spanish and always had a smile each day.Staying at Costa Linda is a dream come true!! Just love it so much and ready to come back again next year. There are so many nice people who return each year on the same weeks that we get to talk and share stories. The location,beach and transformation of this resort in the last few years has made this a uncheck a special resort.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CJ P

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We are 49 and have stayed in the Caribbean 15 times: Aruba, Bahamas, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Dominican Republic, Jamaica as well as Hawaii and a few cruises.

This is our 7th trip to Aruba. We stayed 7/18-7/25 at the Costa Linda which is on Eagle beach (mid-island). This is a time-share property that has 2 and 3 BR units.

AIRPORT- We flew Jet Blue from Boston, MA to Aruba direct. Airport has been tremendously upgraded since our first trip here some 20 years ago. No issues with flight or getting through customs. Side note when you leave Aruba to go back to US you actually go through US customs in Aruba. So you fly back into Boston Logan to the same terminal you left instead of returning at the international terminal E as is the case with other Caribbean destinations. Rented a car from Avis. All rental car agencies are across the street when you walk outside of the airport terminal.

CONDO - We rented unit 1037 from the owner for $1,600 for week. Keep in mind you must also pay a room tax and energy tax upon checkout that is independent of you paying the owner for the actual Unit. It amounted to $24/day. Room wasn’t ready until 4pm (which is their posted check in time). The negative of time share compared to a hotel is that everybody checks out/in on same day. This property rents Friday to Friday so it is quite a task for housekeeping to clean all the units for new guests. Unit is ground floor unit right on the beach (10 steps). PERFECT! There is a unit on one side of your unit(the living room/kitchen side) and no unit on the other (bedrooms)side. 2BR (1 king & 2 twins) each with their own bathroom, flat screen HDTV’s, closets and safes(free). The MBR has a huge bathroom with large shower stall (no tub) and a 2 sink vanity. Beds were comfortable although twin beds were small. Fully equipped kitchen with granite/Corian countertops. Appliances looked brand new. The only thing it lacked (nitpicking) was some Tupperware for storing your food choices. There is dining room table for 6 and a living room with sofa(pull out bed), coffee table, 2 chairs and flat screen HDTV. Right off the living rooms is a door that leads to patio with chair and tables and of course the beach. Nice feature I have not seen in other properties we have visited is the door to the patio/beach actually has the same locking mechanism as the front door to the unit. So when going back and forth for drinks or food you can enter right through the patio door with your room key pass card. Small negative is the room keys get demagnetized easily and we had to have our keys redone 4 times at front desk over the course of the week. AC worked perfectly. Lighting throughout unit could have been a little better but no big deal. Also, water pressure in showers was very weak. Thankfully in addition to a fixed shower head they had a detachable shower head you could use to get the sand off. There was a laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers on each of the 3 floors on the opposite side of the property, token operated, get tokens from front desk. $6 gets you 4 tokens, 2 each for wash and dry.

POOL – Free form pool that is decent size 4 ½ feet all around. Has volleyball net and basketball hoop set up all the time. Water was clean and warm. Lot of chairs/palapas around the pool. There is the Water’s edge restaurant and bar between the pool and the beach. Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Happy hour (2 for 1) for drinks 4-6pm. There is an entertainment team that does various activities for kids and adults throughout the day. In the pool area there is a giant checkers/chess board, ping pong table and pool table (coin operated). The towel hut (1 per guest) is also the activities center to get volleyballs, basketballs, kayaks, noodle floats, corn bags for the corn hole game and everything else activity related. They will also blow up a float for you with an air compressor (floats allowed only in ocean). There was a Jacuzzi pool side as well as 2 Jacuzzi’s in the courtyard between the 2 rows of units on the north side of the property.

BEACH – Aesthetically the nicest beach on Aruba. Clean, clear, fine sand which never gets hot, light surf. Very wide unlike beaches on Palm Beach (high rise hotel district). Plenty of palapas available. Never had to reserve one early or got shut out all week. Admittedly the hotel was not full, might be different in January. The only ones that appear to fill up early are the first row palapas which didn’t matter to us. Plenty of beach chairs as well. You will encounter security asking for your room number after you have chosen a palapa as in Aruba beaches are all public so they want to be sure you are hotel guest. They have drink service on the beach although it is somewhat sporadic. Probably because everyone makes own drinks/beer out of their kitchen. Mixed drinks were $8 each.

LOCATION – located mid-island equidistant between Oranjestad (downtown) and Palm Beach (high rise district). Was 10 minute car ride to Palm Beach hotels and shopping/dining plaza. Within walking distance there was a Pizza Bob’s, French steakhouse & Giorgios Italian restaurant (manchebo beach resort), Matthew’s beachside restaurant(Casa Del Mar), Elements fine dining beachfront (Buccuti Resort). Also 5 min walk to a Alhambras Casino shopping plaza with a subway, dunkin donuts, café verde and a couple of other sit down restaurants. Bus stop is 5 minutes’ walk for transportation to either Oranjestad or to Palm Beach, $2.30 per ride per person. Nearest grocery store was 5 min by car. It is an IGA and has everything you could possibly need including beer/wine, though no liquor.

GENERAL –Aruba is extremely Americanized if traveling to Caribbean makes you apprehensive. In fact almost everywhere you go you can pay in US currency and will get back US currency except for coinage. Tons of great restaurants native to the area and plenty of chain restaurants if that is your thing (Tony Romas, Hard Rock Café, Senor Frogs, McDonalds, burger king, kfc, DD, etc). Islanders are very friendly and almost always multi-lingual. Also very easy to drive around (drive on right) the island if you like to explore.

Gym was typical for a resort – 4 treadmills, 4 bicycles, 1 stepper and some universal weight machines as well as some dumbbell free weights. Resort also offers as part of their daily activities pool aerobics, Zumba and yoga.

If you are a liquor drinker best bet is to by at the airport. When you pick up your luggage there is a duty free liquor store right there. You are allowed one bottle per person(though they are liberal with this). Prices are $5-$7 cheaper on brand names than in states...bicardi,stohli,jack daniels,bombay.etc.

Room Tip: unit we stayed in was definitely one of 5 or 6 best in the hotel as we are beach people and loved th...
16  Thank bri11164
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed here last year and it's one of the better resorts I have ever stayed at. I would recommend the food around the city, didn't eat much on site. Location is perfect and the beach is unbeatable. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Rick88888
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We just returned from our third vacation at Costa Linda in Aruba. My brother has had a timeshare there for 20 years and invited us to join them. This year, we rented one of our own to consider the possibility of purchasing. In the past 5 years, this resort has transformed itself almost completely. There are two distinct hotel areas on the island; the low-rise and the high-rise. Costa Linda is in the low-rise area. The staff keep the property in immaculate conditions and the rooms have been upgraded with granite countertops, new kitchens and bathrooms. The kitchens are fully-equipped to handle a family and there are gas and charcoal grills on the property should you wish to dine at "home". There is an incredible restaurant on the property with dining right on the beach. Edwin and his staff there are amazing; Luis made sure that we were happy each time. The waitresses (sorry ladies, too many names to remember) were friendly and couldn't do enough. Rosa, our housekeeper kept our room beautifully each day. The ONLY suggestion I would make is that the lobby (which is the first impression) could use some attention. With all the other improvements, I'm sure that's on their master plan. Again, thanks to all of the great CL staff and we look forward to returning!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view!
1  Thank cmk1014
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been an owner at this property for 20+ years.......the beach is consistently rated as one of the top beaches in the world and it is just fantastic.....currently # 4 on travel magazine.

The resort Is family oriented with lots of activities for kids, lots of huts on the beach, and a very nice pool and beach / pool restaurant......

Rooms have been recently updated....2 and 3 bedroom units....all have very nice kitchens and bathrooms with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. All have ocean views.
The resort is clean, well landscaped and very nice......

Food is moderately priced....breakfast on the beach is the best value as the special of eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, etc is only 5.95 US dollars. Lunch is 9.00 to 12.00 dollars and all is very good. Hamburger with fries is excellent and is 9.00 dollars.....how can you beat that while you are sitting on the beach!

I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: 1st floor units are on the ground and most face the pool..fun for kids running back and forth to the...
1  Thank paul30
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The last time I was at the Costa Linda was 1999 and I had a great time then. My stay was even better this last time. My family and I stayed from 7/11-7/18. The resort grounds are beautiful and clean. We checked into our rooms at 4:00, housekeeping was still cleaning the kitchen, so we unpacked while she did that. She did a great job keepiing the rooms clean. The restaurants on the property are excellent, from Water's Edge to the coffee shop. My grandsons, ages 10 and 19, and a friend who is 5, were never bored, as there was the gym, pool table, table tennis and pool games. The beach and pool area are close to each other. My brother-in-law is an early riser, so he would reserve the hut at 7 for the beach. Whenever I got to the pool, usually between 10 and 11, I would reserve a hut by the pool. The attendants put your room number into a computer and that hut is yours for the day. They release it when they no longer see personal items and towels there. The rooms are big and beds very comfortable. The terrace is much bigger than the pictures show. My only complaint was low water pressure in the shower. There's a good mix of families with children and older people and the guests were as friendly as the hotel staff. Getting a cab was quick. We rented from timeshare owners and that experience saved us a lot of money and was easy. If finances permit, we will definitely be back next year.

1  Thank sandydNewYorkCity
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Honestly, I think one of the major reasons we love Aruba so much is because of Costa Linda Beach Resort. I have never traveled anywhere else that I immediately felt at ease and at home. The staff is friendly, we have met so many guests that we now consider friends, and the resort itself is well maintained and updated. Our check in was smooth and quick, as we had pre-registered from home. Our room was ready immediately so we unloaded and went grocery shopping. The units we own are 2 bedrooms. The unit for week 23 is on the 4th floor and has a fantastic view of the pool and ocean. The unit we own for week 24 is on the 2nd floor and also has a view of the pool and ocean. Both of the units are either next to a 3 bedroom or a unit away.

The 2 bedroom units have a king in the master and 2 twin beds in the guest. There are 2 bathrooms with granite counter tops. The master bath has a tile walk in shower and a double sink vanity. A blow dryer is attached to one wall and a pull out magnifying mirror on the other. There are plenty of drawers and shelves to place toiletries in. There is also a pull out cord in the shower to place wet items on to dry. The guest bathroom has a door to the guest bedroom and a door to the common areas. There is a tub shower combo and again a blow dryer and plenty of drawers for the personal items. The kitchen has granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. There is plenty of cookware to cook and bake for 6 people. The dining room table seats 6 and in the living room there is a pull out sofa, chairs and a coffee table. The patio has a table with 4 chairs. There are a total of 3 flat screen TVs (master, guest and living room). The furniture is a little outdated but there are long term plans to replace the pieces. Our housekeepers did a great job cleaning our units, replacing the towels daily for us and even unloading the dishwasher. On Sunday there are limited services (replacement of towels and garbage disposal only). They truly deserved any and all tips received.

The main draw for us at the Costa Linda is the beach though. The beach attendants do an outstanding job maintaining the beach area and setting up the chairs and towels according to the guest preferences. Anthony, Randy, Joel, and Robert are fantastic. Don’t forget to tip them!!! There was never a problem getting palapas for shade anytime of the day during the two weeks we were there. I tend to awake early and arrive to the beach before sunrise. Security met me there and always remembered my room number. They did a great job enforcing the rules and keeping watch over the resort. It is policy that to reserve the palapas the guest must stay there until 7 then may leave for no more than 2 hours. I enjoyed that time. I would eat my breakfast; listen to the waves crashing in and converse with my neighbors. For the third year in a row, I placed a PWC anchor in the water upon arriving that I attached my raft to. (I removed my raft whenever I left the water). The beach attendants will blow up your rafts with their air compressor. I always tip them for this service even though it is complimentary. I walked the beach daily for an hour and always felt safe and comfortable. In addition, it was nice seeing people from other resorts that I had met before on my walks. It is a great beach for walking and the sand is cool to the touch.

The WiFi was restructured this year and for 60.00 we were able to purchase a card for two weeks that could be used on two devices at the same time. I found the service to be adequate although my husband and son noticed some slow downs during some heavy traffic periods. Overall, I was pleased and able to do what I needed to on our devices.

Some of the activities or events we attended at the resort were the orientation, members’ meeting, free Bingo, Zumba and Pool Volleyball. For our first two visits we did not attend the Saturday morning orientation…. what a mistake! Sandra not only discusses what is happening at the resort, but also different activities around the island. Also, she and her assistant, Hettie (sp) conduct door prize drawings. Between orientation and raffles at Bingo we won 3 Costa Linda t-shirts. Complimentary cake, pizza, wine for adults, and soft drinks were served at the free Bingo on Monday afternoons. Each attendee is given two cards and chances at the free raffle in which people could win t-shirts, wine or $5.00. I attended 7 out of the 8 Zumba classes offered by Marilu at the resort. This is the third year I have participated in her classes and let me tell you, she truly gives an energetic workout. She will offer some low impact substitutions but she keeps the pace going for 60 minutes. This is such a fun class and helps to burn some of the calories in preparation for a night on the town. In addition to the activities we participated in there are Yoga classes, line dancing, pool aerobics, tennis clinics, bean bags, several types of pool games, movie night, and daily children’s activities. The activities are listed daily on a white board next to the car rental desk and are also listed in the Costa Linda magazine at the resort (or online).

The only negative (if you can call it that) I can really find with our resort is that there are no laundry facilities in each unit. It would be convenient to have especially when staying multiple weeks. There are self serve token operated washers and dryers located on each floor though. I have never had a problem leaving my items while putting clothing articles away in my unit.

Overall, we had great service provided by any of the staff we came in contact with including but not limited to the front desk, gift shop, activities and fitness personnel, housekeeping, bellmen, beach attendants, security and resort management.

Room Tip: Higher floors with rooms closer to the 3 bedroom units offer fantastic views!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family