“Excellent resort and beach”

Costa Linda Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a wonderful, relaxing time at Costa Linda Beach Resort. It sits on one of the best beaches in the world. Movie night was also fun. I would highly recommend this resort.

The accommodations were very nice and comfortable. I rented a car and drove up to the Lighthouse which is a much see and to the larger Palm Beach. There is a lot to do in Aruba so go and explore.

Room Tip: All the rooms give you an ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank daniles

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great accommodations great service great location.We have been several times with our family and friends and always been very happy. We have stayed many places in Aruba and loved all of them but the costa Linda is the best.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank julie g
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Once we arrived to Costa Linda, we found out that it was managed by Royal Resorts, which we own in Cancun and immediately undertood why it was so well run. The grounds are immaculate despite the harsh sun and low rain in Aruba, which is located very close to the equator. The rooms are modernized, very clean, and with all the necessities. For example, the blender works great for mixing our daily drinks. The restaurant near the beach was excellent with very reasonable prices. For example, they have breakfast specials everyday such as pancakes or french toast with bacon, sausage, potatoes, and eggs for only $5.95. The lunch menu has plenty of items to choose from with most items less than $10. The happy hour from 4 to 6 has 2 for 1. The pizza and Italian places in the resort were also very good. We booked our tours from
Esther in the resort and she was very helpful and knowledgeable. The resort market stocks most items needed if you do not have a car and the prices were reasonable. The pool was clean every morning so it was spotless. The only negative observation regarding the resort is that the flooring between the floors seems to be relatively thin because we can hear from the master bedroom when someone from a different unit using or flushing the toilet but this is such a small annoyance when compare to all the great qualities this resort has to offer. We would definitely stay at this resort again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: High floors so you can see the pool and beach areas.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MDYNASTY
Reviewed June 29, 2013

For this visit we exchanged through RCI for our 2 weeks at Costa Linda. We own a week for a similar type unit in the Canada Rockies but it was still not an easy feat making the exchange. We paid to combine weeks of ours as well as one of my inlaws’ timeshare weeks. Units did not start showing up until about 2.5 months prior to our departure. Prior to this visit we rented from a timeshare company and a private owner as well as exchanged through RCI for 2 weeks last year for my husband’s friend. We do now own a week at Costa Linda but it is not available for usage until 2014. In fact, the paperwork on our newly acquired resale unit was not completed before our trip down so of course we checked with member services to verify confirmation. They had just received the paperwork even though the process was started about 9 weeks prior. The paperwork was not completed correctly by the closing realty company so had to be redone while we were at the resort. Kudos to Gloria Janga, Member Relations Assistant Manager, for the professional manner in which she handled this private sale and the efficiency she demonstrated in getting our official deed and gold membership cards to us before we left the island. She really did an amazing job and provided excellent customer service.

We were given unit #3001 for both weeks in the middle section of the resort facing the pool and the sea. We had great views and were located very close to the elevators. Because of our early arrival, our rooms were not ready when we arrived but we were able to check in, leave our luggage with a porter and go purchase our groceries. My husband was leery about doing this in the event our room still wouldn’t be ready when we got back but I wanted to use our time wisely. No worries though; our room still wasn’t ready when we got back but one of the porters, Ernesto I believe, took our groceries up and with the cooperation of the housekeeper we were able to drop off our luggage and groceries.

Costa Linda does a great job retaining their staff. It was so nice to walk in and see so many familiar faces and in some instances to be welcomed back by name.

The 2 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms and a king bed in the master bedroom and 2 twin beds in the 2nd bedroom. The master shower is a walk in shower with tile on all of the walls. The counter top is granite and has double sinks. A blow dryer is attached to one wall and a pull out magnifying mirror is attached to the other. There are drawers and shelves to place personal items on. The 2nd bathroom has a door to the 2nd bedroom as well as a door to the common area. There is a tub shower combo as well as granite counter tops. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. There is plenty of room to cook a meal in and enough cookware to do so. The rest of the unit includes a dining room table for six, a living area with a couch and chairs and a patio area with a table and 4 chairs. Our housekeeper did a great job and had such a warm and beautiful smile each time we saw her. When she noticed our teenage son was the only one staying in the 2nd room she moved the beds together and changed the bedding to be one large bed, which he appreciated. There are flat screens TVs in the bedrooms and in the living room (a total of 3).

My favorite part of Costa Linda though is the beach and it did not disappoint this time either. It is well maintained by beach personnel, Anthony, Randy, Robert and Joel. They are wonderful. They place the towels on the chairs in a manner so they do not blow away and arrange the chairs per preference of the guests. There was no difficulty getting a palapa for shade anytime of the day. In fact, I noticed there were front row palapas available still at 8 a.m. I tended to arrive early before sunrise. I like to eat my breakfast, listen to the waves crashing in and enjoy conversations with my palapa neighbor before taking a walk on the beach. Security guards do promptly check you in when you arrive to the palapa. The room number is written down as well as the palapa number. Guests are required to stay at their palapas until 7 a.m. at which time they may leave if they want. A guest may not leave their palapa vacant for more than 2 hours. Their items can be removed if they are away from the area longer and another guest may use the palapa. Upon our first day at the beach we placed a PWC anchor filled with sand in the water and used it to attach our inflatable rafts to. I thoroughly enjoyed floating on top of the beautiful water enjoying the views of the beach and the resort.

We purchased the $80.00 WiFi card from Costa Linda. It was the high speed for 1 month (same price as for 2 weeks). I found it to be slower this time though. My son was still able to play some of his games on the computer though and we were able to do our research and check our emails.

We did participate in some of the activities at the resort including Orientation, the Owners Meeting, Bingo, Zumba, Aqua Zumba and Pool Volleyball. The activities are listed on the white board daily next to the car rental desk and are also listed in the Costa Linda magazine.

I visited the spa, Taste of Heaven, twice to repair three acrylic nails I had put on before I came and do a polish change on my toes. My first visit was on Father’s Day so they invited me to partake in some champagne since they had already opened a bottle. I obliged. ☺ Although pricey, the service was great and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: We prefer the poolside rooms for the view of the pool and the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dmconn1
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our family of four has stayed at the Costa Linda four times in eight years and we're planning another visit. Here's why:

(1) Of the two main beaches in Aruba, Eagle Beach is the place to go if you prefer wide, sandy beach, a more-relaxed pace and few rocks under your feet once you're in the water. By comparison, Palm Beach is much narrower, is noisy with activity and is crowded by high-rise hotels -- all great if you are there mainly to do water sports and meet people. But if you are seeking relaxation rather than excitement, Eagle Beach is your choice.

(2) Costa Linda is the most attractive resort directly on Eagle Beach -- others are less attractive, require you to cross a street or both.

(3) The staff you encounter most are generally very friendly and helpful, from porters to maids who fully clean your unit six days a week with a lighter clean-up on Sunday. There are also some good activities for kids and a family movie night.

(4) All rooms have nice views though we prefer higher floors (4 or 5) for an unobstructed views of the ocean. Most rooms also overlook the tropical looking pool and the lively scene there though one wing does not. Two sets of elevators offer speedy service. While most units are two bedrooms, there are some spectacular three-bedroom units with very large balconies directly over the beach. Check out the resort website and the site plan to see exactly where each unit is located.

(5) Rooms were all updated in the last few years to have modern kitchens with good appliances and marble counter tops which make it great for cooking in, a real savings since restaurants on t he island tilt towards the pricier end.

(6) Costa Linda is a very short car drive to the major supermarkets to stock up on both food and drink -- less than 2 minutes if you make the one traffic light. It's also a short 5-10 minute drive to the main town Oranjestad, which is a nice destination for shopping and dining.

(7) Costa Linda has Friday-to-Friday rentals rather than the usual Saturday-to-Saturday so it's a bit less crowded arriving and departing.

(8) There's only one casino near Costa Linda and that too leaves things more quiet. If you want a faster-paced evening, you can drive 10 minutes to Palm Beach which is crowded with people, casinos and restaurants, then return at night to the quiet of Eagle Beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank NorthExposure
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overall Costa Linda is great place to stay in Aruba. It is in the Low Rise district, which is quieter than the high rise area, however it lacks walking access to the night life and shopping of the high rise area. I recommend getting a rental car. As a person in my 40's I found costa linda fine, had my 22 year old been with me, i think she might felt differently. Costa linda houses alot of seniors and families, the place pretty much rolls up after 8 p.m. there was never anyone in the lobby bar or the pool area. We were there during a week school was still in session, so perhaps during the busier season it's more lively. Our unit was nice, granite counters, stainless appliances, great balcony comfy bed, HUGE bathroom off the master, everything we needed, and your steps away from one of the most beautiful beaches in aruba. We never had a problem getting chairs or a hut. It's wonderful that you don't even have to cross the street to get to the beach, as it is with some of the other low-rise resorts. You literally walk out of unit, pass the pool and your at the beach! Loved that! We didn't eat at the resort, there are restaurants within walking distance in a small strip mall, but we elected other dining options. 4-6 is happy hour at the costa linda bar, as it is at most of the places on the island, so the pool bar gets busy during that time and it can be difficult to get a drink. Overall, we really enjoyed Costa Linda and would return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dinneepa
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and I will continue to visit here with my family. Booking a room through the timeshare rentals on the hotels website saved me close to $1,000. There is a beautiful pool area with a great ocean view, and also a children's pool. The pool bar has a very nice view with large screen TV's usually with sports on, and also excellent food. The food at the bar is very reasonably priced, but probably my biggest complaint about the resort is the drinks are $8, and beers $6.50. The on site restaurant has delicious food right on the beach. The beach the hotel is located on is the most beautiful beach on the island. This is why I would not stay anywhere else. The staff is very very friendly, and so are the daily activities instructors. Try to get a room on the higher floors with an even number. This will give you the best view. All rooms are nicely renovated, best part of the rooms would be the nice kitchens that wont bother you to cook dinner in if needed. You will need a to take an $8 cab ride to get to the high rise area, I prefer this over renting a car. Overall, a very nice resort highlighted by a gorgeous beach, beautiful pool and great staff.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family