“Beautiful resort, great location!”

Costa Linda Beach Resort
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week at the Costa Linda timeshare. It was our first time, although we had relatives there in another condo who had been going there and telling us about it for many years. We rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo privately, through Costa Linda website, about 2 months before our trip. Most of the condos, with the exception of a small number still in progress, have been totally remodeled. Ours was not yet remodeled, except for new appliances, the rest scheduled for the following week, but it was absolutely fine! Every utensil, dish, pot and various items were present and in good condition. We had a fabulous 4th floor view from our large lanai, overlooking the extensive pool area and beyond that to the beach. The website has a site plan so you can aee where your unit is before booking as some of the units do not have that view, if that is important for you. There is a nice restaurant poolside where we sat out each day for either breakfast or lunch and happy hour prices were 3 times a day, although the drinks were very weak. There are a number of very friendly servers who constantly walk through the pool and beach area asking to take orders for food and/or drinks. We never had a problem getting a lounge or regular beach chair and chickee either poolside or beachside. It was fun to be visited by some of the beautiful and colorful birds while sitting outdoors, and seeing the many colorful lizards that roam the grounds.

There is a new restaurant on the grounds which just opened called "Latitude" (or something similar). Very good food, fabulous service, but we felt it could use a little tweaking, possibly some menu changes for "themes" more in line with the number of people with families staying in Costa Linda".

Pool was big and beautiful and never too crowded. People enjoyed organized pool activities, although they did not interfere with others' enjoyment of the pool. Only one pool incident when a child was allowed into the pool in a diaper (signs are posted against this) and the pool had to be shut down for several hours for cleaning.

There are several restaurants within walking distance and all that we tried were good. We found food prices to be somewhat high everywhere we ate, but all meals were good. There is a casino within walking of Costa Linda which some of our group tried for a while one evening. Also within walking distance was ice cream, Dunkin Donuts, a small entertainment area with a wine, tapas, piano bar which looked new and very nice.

To get to the area of high rise hotels and more shops & restaurants you will need a cab. We rented a car but driving is somewhat difficult (but doable)since roads are not marked and they use traffic circles in which no one seems to know what they are doing!

We made the drive to Baby Beach one day -- about an hour from C.L., probably because we became somewhat turned around, but definitely worth the trip! You can rent beach chairs and there are some chickee huts available for shade. Except for the fact that there are no facilities, we could have stayed there many more hours.

The weather was perfect and I understand it is pretty constant during much of the year. A strong breeze all day and evening keeps you cool!

We loved our stay at Costa Linda and plan to return. The resort is very well maintainedand everyone is very happy and helpful.

Room Tip: Check the site plan on the website. Upper rooms also have a much better view but Lower rooms migh...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank capomom

Reviewed August 14, 2012

First trip to Aruba and I must say it was one of the best vacations we have ever taken as a family. The Costa Linda was just right for what we were looking for...not too crowded, beautiful beach, clean rooms. Suites have been recently renovated. Bathrooms redone. as well as the the kitchens which have granite counter tops and Kenmore Elite appliances. Daily maid service was nice to have, as well.

The resort itself is well maintained and the staff is very friendly. Kudos to Edwin (I think that was his name) the restaurant/bar manager and his staff. He and his staff always did a fantastic job and even went above and beyond on one occassion.

The beach was roomy, well kept and just beautiful. Plenty of chickees and never felt overcrowded. We did venture up to the high rise hotels where the beaches seemed small, overcrowded. Their beaches did not even come close to the Costa Linda.

Costa Linda is only a 5-10 minute taxi ride to Palm Beach, so you can go visit the action if you want and then return to your quiet beach oasis.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nj1234
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We lived on Aruba twice over the years, got married on Eagle Beach and come back to One Happy Island on average every two years. We have always known Costa Linda but never had the opportunity to stay there until a few weeks ago.

It's is the perfect spot. We stayed in a three-bedroom suite which is simply perfect for families. It's like having a very spacious apartment in a full-service resort. The suite was bright and decorated in pastel colors, comes with fully-equipped kitchen, living room, dining table, three bedrooms all with en suite bathrooms, a guest toilet and an enormous terrace with jacuzzi, sunbeds, dining table and BBQ overlooking the white sandy beach and azure blue waters.

The resort is located right on Eagle Beach which they also call the 'low rise' hotel area. It's in between Oranjestad, the capital of Aruba, and Palm Beach where the 'high rise' hotels are as well as many of the island's restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc.

The resort has a large pool and is right on the beach. There is a daily activity schedule ranging from (Aqua) Zumba, pool aerobics, bingo and kids games most of which are complimentary for guests. There are some fun beach games and you can use the kayaks at the resort for free as well. There are no motorized water sports allowed on Eagle beach. which we like, but if you are looking for these then Palm Beach is the better spot for you.

The pool bar serves breakfast and lunch and there is also a beachfront restaurant that serves dinner. We found the F&B service and quality to be quite average, make sure to try the many casual and fine dining places the island has to offer or you'll miss out on some great experiences.The resort has a gym, a nice coffee shop, a salon, a shop, car rental desk and a few other facilities as well.

The change-over day for weekly bookings is Friday, as it is a timeshare resort, so check-in and check-out gets busy at the peak times, just be mindful if you have a plane to catch!

No free WIFI but you can buy an internet card for the entire week so that's pretty easy.

We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: The three-bedroom suite is perfect for families or a groups of friends and has the benefit of the ve...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Anne B
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been staying at The Costa Linda for over ten years now. First of all I love the Island of Aruba! To me its the best island in the Caribbean. Now onto the TCL the set up , location and staff, make it an absolute great place! My wife and I look forward to coming back here every year. We especially love Andreas who does the pool activities. The staff here make you feel right at home and cater to your every need. The set up is just perfect with the pool in the middle and then the two bars out by the beach. They have two happy hours daily with two for one drink specials. Wilmar is also very helpful with carrying your bags and helping you decide what to do around the island. All in all I cant say enough good things about TCL and I will continue to go back for years to come!!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room I have stayed all over the resort.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed July 9, 2012

As owners, we come back every year - not because we have to but because we WANT to. Costa Linda has updated their rooms and what an improvement! Love the restaurants and the remodeling of the area next to Alhambra Casino. Aruba is stepping it up!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was our 2nd visit to the Costa Linda. We had rented two timeshare units in 2008 prior to their remodel.

For this visit, we rented a 3 bedroom Costa Linda timeshare unit (5020) from an individual owner for the two weeks while in Aruba. Communication via telephone, email, and snail mail was prompt and informative. We would definitely rent from him again if the opportunity availed itself. We had an amazing panoramic view and from what we heard from the staff, the best location on the property. The 4 bathrooms, huge patio with a gas grill and hot tub were only a few of the amenities we enjoyed in our unit. We felt very spoiled. We also exchanged at the last minute through RCI for 2 weeks in unit 1013. It was a 2 bedroom 2nd from the end, pool view, close to elevators and lobby. 5 of us stayed in 5020 while my husband’s single friend stayed in 1013. Housekeeping service was exceptional in both units. Certainly our housekeeper in 5020 did a fantastic job and went above and beyond her duties to ensure we had the ideal vacation. We were pleased with the entire staff at the Costa Linda with the exception of the gift shop. The salespeople at the gift shop weren’t necessarily rude; just not well versed in customer service. This was not a change since our last visit. The other staff made up for it though. In fact, I had a situation arise (not with the Costa Linda) that they handled so eloquently for me. I really can’t say enough nice things about them. The mgmt, board members and staff certainly have made Costa Linda the exceptional place it is. Thank you!

One thing that surprised me with the Costa Linda was the palapa situation. I went down to the beach on our first full day at 7:15 a.m. and all but one front row palapa (chickee) was reserved. This didn’t happen on our last visit in 2008. I decided the next day to go down a little after 6 and found one although many were taken at that time too. One owner gave me tips but I noticed she “reserved” hers the night before by hanging her bag and positioning her chairs and coveted little white table in her spot. I found her to be friendly but her method to be a little unethical. The security guards constantly checked room numbers as soon as guests arrived at the chickees. I loved their diligence and thought they did a fantastic job of monitoring the resort in general. The beach guys were awesome also and very helpful. They were great about inflating my raft as needed.

The beach is absolutely gorgeous and the water breathtaking (although a little cooler than I remember from our previous visit). Eagle beach in my opinion is the optimum place to stay if you want a pristine beach without feeling crowded.

We had good luck with the WIFI and was thankful for a member mailing me his card so we could enjoy his unused time. We only had to buy one week. We did not experience any difficulty with the exception of some slow time when my son was playing his favorite online video games. He didn’t need to play on the computer anyway…we were on vacation by gosh with a beach to die for.

I didn’t hit the gym this time (won’t make that mistake again), but did attend a Zumba class and an Aqua Zumba class. I enjoyed both. I walked the beach daily and climbed stairs when possible to our 5th floor unit.

I would absolutely stay here again; can't beat the location on the beach, the room unit, and the service availed to us.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room at The Costa Linda. The resort is laid out in a manner that the u...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dmconn1
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our first time at the Costa Linda, and I must say it was more than we expected the Staff was very helpful and very friendly, the location is ideal.

Room Tip: We had a little trouble finding our room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family