We used our RCI Exchange points and went to the Occidential Grand Aruba at Palm Beach Aruba. We had never been to Aruba before and read a lot of reviews on this website and others and most of the reviews were good but you know you can't make everyone happy.
We got there and went to the First Club to sign in and that took about an hour but at least they served snacks and drinks to help off set the time spent. The person who did finally registered us was very friendly and the registration was very quick. When we got to our room the one bedroom suite was two room with a connector door in between. The hotel was revamped to have time shares in the top three floors of towers.
The room that we got was looked out on the south side of the building and not the pool area which I was glad because that gave us a much better view of the ocean and beach, I know some people would be upset not getting the pool view but we enjoyed our room placement. The room was extremely clean and the bed was a little on the firm side but had no problem sleeping in it.
The kitchen was nothing more than a wet bar with a microwave and small coffee maker which we did not use either one of them. They had bottles of liquor on the counter to use but didn't use any of them either. The TVs in the room were large screen LED TVs and were very useful since we were down for the Sandy Storm and watched what was going on at home. The only thing they didn't have as a channel was TWC which would have been nice to watch but had CNN which was useful instead.
The food at the Hotel was very good but the all-inclusive was rather expensive and would have rather been able to go off property to other resturants that were right across the street. The shopping across the street was really nice close by and enjoyed just walking out our hotel to get to them.
The nightlife was OK but you need to go to the bar near the lobby and go listen to Lenny. He was the best entertainer there. The Dancers in the ballroom was enjoyable and good as well.
I would recommend the Occidential to anyone and if you were looking for a all inclusive resort. We loved Aruba and will come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Palm Beach, Aruba, this resort features all the ingredients for a unique vacation: a location right on the beach, turquoise waters, the fine white sands of the Caribbean, and warm weather throughout the year. This high-end Aruba All-Inclusive resort is the best vacation destination for families and couples. The Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort is close to many tourist attractions and just steps away from the entertainment, lounges, discos and shopping areas the island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Otel and Despegar.com so you can book your Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Occidental Aruba
- Aruba Grand Occidental
- Occidental Hotel Aruba
- Grand Aruba
- Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort Palm - Eagle Beach