7,597 results
All reviews sports bar building b block c don nicolas specialty restaurants main building mattress topper junior suite buffet restaurant main buffet our honeymoon nachos all inclusives make reservations all inclusive resort nightly entertainment towel clips
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are currently at the resort and I am compelled to write a review. This is not 4 or 5 star resort. Let’s start of by saying the positive:

Beach is beautiful
Weather is perfect
Beach is clean

The cons:
hard full size beds they merge together to call a king. They also do not provide a comforter and just give you thin double sheets.

The food so far is below average. Nothing worth going for seconds or wowing you.

The front desk and customer service is horrible. We made a simple request for balloons in a room and cake for our friends 40th birthday. We emailed and called resort to confirm multiple times that this could be done. Luisa emailed to confirm and Jonathan confirmed upon our arrival. Only now to have Maria yell at us saying this can’t be done, and we can blow up the balloons ourselves. At one point she even said “It is what it is” as she was yelling at us saying this is a small island. I am actually well travelled and never had a customer representative talk to me like this ever. It was so bad that when Maria left an employee said she is always this way. This is over balloons. Not a full catered event. Definitely set the mood off.

This is actually the worst Riu I have been to and worst service from all the resorts I have attend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
7  Thank Awaiken
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Awaiken,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Riu Palace Aruba and for sharing with us your experience.

We regret that in general your experience with us was not what you expected due to the inconveniences you mention in your comment and that you left our hotel with a totally opposite impression to that which we always try to convey.

Also, we are very surprised to read your words towards the attitude of our staff members since in RIU we care a lot about the customer service provided and we always try to offer it with professionalism and kindness and we lament that we were not able to provide you request you expected. We do hope you can understand that request is always subject to availability. Please accept our sincerest apologies if at any time you did not feel properly attended.

We can assure you that your review will be shared with the Management Team for further consideration.

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels to provide you a much greater experience in which we’ll provide our quality standards!

With our best wishes we remain,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came on a family vacation....17 people, 8 rooms. It was fine but not outstanding in any way.
Pros:
-Close to airport (20 minute ride)
-Beautiful beach: soft, white sand, clear water, no seaweed, lots of fish and free snorkelling, kayaks and SUPs. Other paid water activities available right on the beach (tubing, jet skis, parasailing, etc...they come get you from the Riu beach by boat and take you to the activity. Cannot charge to room)
-large rooms on 7th floor facing ocean...great view of sunset
-large beds and mattress was ok
-water bottles put in room daily
-lobby coffee bar has pastries (nothing vegan or gluten free)
-staff were generally nice
-night club on the adult side was ok and played lots of 80s music (great for us adults but the young ones (18-25) hated it
-lots of shops and restaurants along the strip in front of the hotel allowed for lively night walks
-cab ride into downtown was $13US
-gym was decent but some machines needed repair and there were often no towels in the morning

Cons:
-room towels were often dirty & my son asked to get the sheets changed in his room on the first night
-A/C vent was making loud noise on second last night and maintenance had to come at 11:30pm to fix it
-Floors in room and on resort always seemed "sweaty" and were slippery
-Food in all restaurants and buffet was mediocre. Chef Pedro was awesome and the only one who took care to show me what I could eat in the buffet (vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free) and he would make something for me if needed. He took great care to deal with my nephews severe anaphylactic allergies too.....other staff were not as diligent.
-Many buffet items were mislabeled and often had meat in them without stating so. Only breakfast buffet had a gluten free station. And if special meals were prepared, it was only an entree. Nothing was offered as appetizer or dessert (only one night Pedro got dairy free sorbet for me)
-I had the WORST pedicure of my life at the spa. $46 US for a basic pedicure and 3 nails lost their polish the very next day. I insisted they fix it but 2 days after that another nail lost its polish. I did not bother going back again. My brother in law said his massage and pedicure were awful as well. I have been on tons of vacations and have had tons of pedicures.....polish always lasts weeks beyond my vacations. Save your money and don't bother with spa. Plus you cannot charge the spa services to the room; credit card or cash only
-wifi was very sketchy or non-existent at times
-casino was sad, small and empty
-you have to be up very early to claim beach and pool loungers...it is very windy so bring towel clips
-pool was often littered with cups, straws and fruit from drinks

Room tip: higher floors facing the ocean give a great view of sunsets

Dear momr2d2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience!

We are glad to read that overall you had a good time during your stay at our Hotel Riu Palace Aruba! We appreciate your kind words and have taken notes of your concerns and suggestions and will share them with our Management team so that they can take them into consideration! Thank you for your honesty!

It was our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon in one of our worldwide hotels!

King regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location! Located close to shops, and beautiful beaches. Super friendly staff especially Imelda from the buffet who always greeted us with hugs and made sure our kids were taken care of. Nelson from the pool bar was great and always willing to lend a hand in anything that he could! Would definitely recommend this place!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank karina200013

Dear karina200013,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay at our Hotel Riu palace Aruba! It was a pleasure to provide the holiday you were looking for!

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

Greetings,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I just returned from the Riu Palace. It was our 4th trip there and they have never disappointed. The food was great, especially if you love seafood like I do. We had lobster tails one night which were awesome. The beach is still beautiful and the views from our room were spectacular. For us, all inclusive is the best way to go, you don’t have to worry about ending your day at the beach or the pool to make it to your dinner reservations, you can hang out at the beach, watch the sunset, then go to dinner. Shout out to Raoul at the swim up bar, he never lets you go thirsty and makes a great Aruba Arribe!

Room tip: Best view of the ocean is from the higher floors of the main building.
2  Thank Eric W

Dear Eric W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay at our Hotel Riu Palace Aruba! It was a pleasure to provide the holiday you were looking for!

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

Greetings,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I spent another wonderful week at this fine hotel. It is well located in the highrise hotel district on beautiful Palm Beach and the staff and amenities are excellent. Special thanks to the always cordial Manager Maria and the very helpful front desk staff member Genovea. We can’t wait to return again...and again...and again!!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank wclegends

Dear wclegends,

Thank you for your five star rating!

It's fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay! It was a pleasure looking after you, we deeply appreciate your kind words and compliments the team and I will look forward to welcoming you back again!

We hope to host you once again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future

King regards,