7,597 results
All reviews sports bar building b block c don nicolas specialty restaurants main building mattress topper junior suite buffet restaurant main buffet our honeymoon nachos all inclusives make reservations all inclusive resort nightly entertainment towel clips
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came on a family vacation....17 people, 8 rooms. It was fine but not outstanding in any way.
Pros:
-Close to airport (20 minute ride)
-Beautiful beach: soft, white sand, clear water, no seaweed, lots of fish and free snorkelling, kayaks and SUPs. Other paid water activities available right on the beach (tubing, jet skis, parasailing, etc...they come get you from the Riu beach by boat and take you to the activity. Cannot charge to room)
-large rooms on 7th floor facing ocean...great view of sunset
-large beds and mattress was ok
-water bottles put in room daily
-lobby coffee bar has pastries (nothing vegan or gluten free)
-staff were generally nice
-night club on the adult side was ok and played lots of 80s music (great for us adults but the young ones (18-25) hated it
-lots of shops and restaurants along the strip in front of the hotel allowed for lively night walks
-cab ride into downtown was $13US
-gym was decent but some machines needed repair and there were often no towels in the morning

Cons:
-room towels were often dirty & my son asked to get the sheets changed in his room on the first night
-A/C vent was making loud noise on second last night and maintenance had to come at 11:30pm to fix it
-Floors in room and on resort always seemed "sweaty" and were slippery
-Food in all restaurants and buffet was mediocre. Chef Pedro was awesome and the only one who took care to show me what I could eat in the buffet (vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free) and he would make something for me if needed. He took great care to deal with my nephews severe anaphylactic allergies too.....other staff were not as diligent.
-Many buffet items were mislabeled and often had meat in them without stating so. Only breakfast buffet had a gluten free station. And if special meals were prepared, it was only an entree. Nothing was offered as appetizer or dessert (only one night Pedro got dairy free sorbet for me)
-I had the WORST pedicure of my life at the spa. $46 US for a basic pedicure and 3 nails lost their polish the very next day. I insisted they fix it but 2 days after that another nail lost its polish. I did not bother going back again. My brother in law said his massage and pedicure were awful as well. I have been on tons of vacations and have had tons of pedicures.....polish always lasts weeks beyond my vacations. Save your money and don't bother with spa. Plus you cannot charge the spa services to the room; credit card or cash only
-wifi was very sketchy or non-existent at times
-casino was sad, small and empty
-you have to be up very early to claim beach and pool loungers...it is very windy so bring towel clips
-pool was often littered with cups, straws and fruit from drinks

Room tip: higher floors facing the ocean give a great view of sunsets
Date of stay: August 2019
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear momr2d2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience!

We are glad to read that overall you had a good time during your stay at our Hotel Riu Palace Aruba! We appreciate your kind words and have taken notes of your concerns and suggestions and will share them with our Management team so that they can take them into consideration! Thank you for your honesty!

It was our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon in one of our worldwide hotels!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location! Located close to shops, and beautiful beaches. Super friendly staff especially Imelda from the buffet who always greeted us with hugs and made sure our kids were taken care of. Nelson from the pool bar was great and always willing to lend a hand in anything that he could! Would definitely recommend this place!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank karina200013

Dear karina200013,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay at our Hotel Riu palace Aruba! It was a pleasure to provide the holiday you were looking for!

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

Greetings,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I just returned from the Riu Palace. It was our 4th trip there and they have never disappointed. The food was great, especially if you love seafood like I do. We had lobster tails one night which were awesome. The beach is still beautiful and the views from our room were spectacular. For us, all inclusive is the best way to go, you don’t have to worry about ending your day at the beach or the pool to make it to your dinner reservations, you can hang out at the beach, watch the sunset, then go to dinner. Shout out to Raoul at the swim up bar, he never lets you go thirsty and makes a great Aruba Arribe!

Room tip: Best view of the ocean is from the higher floors of the main building.
2  Thank Eric W

Dear Eric W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay at our Hotel Riu Palace Aruba! It was a pleasure to provide the holiday you were looking for!

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

Greetings,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I spent another wonderful week at this fine hotel. It is well located in the highrise hotel district on beautiful Palm Beach and the staff and amenities are excellent. Special thanks to the always cordial Manager Maria and the very helpful front desk staff member Genovea. We can’t wait to return again...and again...and again!!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank wclegends

Dear wclegends,

Thank you for your five star rating!

It's fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay! It was a pleasure looking after you, we deeply appreciate your kind words and compliments the team and I will look forward to welcoming you back again!

We hope to host you once again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This review is long overdue. Although I have previously reviewed the Riu Palace Aruba, I felt that I should do so again as our 2 week vacation at the end of March 2019 was really excellent.
Although the decor of the rooms and hallways is not what I would describe as elegant, the hotel cleanliness and upkeep was ten out of ten. The rooms are cleaned twice daily and this is so appreciated on a beach vacation. How nice to always have fresh towels,garbage cans emptied, and a fridge stocked with cold beverages. The bed was huge and comfortable. The room was cool enough.Our room fine and our view fabulous. And, even the maids greet you with a hello and a smile.
I find that each time I come home from the Riu and Aruba, I know why I want to come back.
This requires a special shout out to the front desk manager Jonathon and the guest services manager, Sandra Ospina. And a thank you to Alfredo who has resolved various issues over the years.Like a safe that did not work. He dealt with the issues quickly. Several times I approached Jonathon for assistance or to ask questions and always found him pleasant and helpful. Sandra has worked at the Riu all the years we have been going. It makes such a difference to have someone ask you throughout the day how you are enjoying your holiday and whether there is anything at all that she can do to make your vacation meet or exceed expectations.It is just nice to have someone so lovely to ask questions, or to make suggestions, or to fix a problem.She really is such a hard working and caring front line person at the Riu.
The restaurants at the hotel are great considering some people find all inclusives to be repetitive. I find that since the Riu hosts guests from many countries, the food truly is fresh, plentiful and appeals to many diverse tastes and cultures. The breakfast buffet to me, is one of the best I have experienced anywhere in the world, and I mean this. The wait staff are extremely friendly, attentive and I noticed that you could ask a server to bring you something even if they were not specifically assigned to your particular table. There is a can- do attitude that is apparent..
The staff at the pool go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and enjoying. They come around often offering ice water, coffee or a cocktail. This is what contributes to making a vacation fun and memorable.. And many awnings and umbrellas have been added over the years so that there is no problem having a shady place to relax at the pool.
The ocean is the ocean. Spectacular. The white sandy beach and the safe feeling one has there walking around the beach or on the boardwalk makes Aruba so special and so beautiful.The beach at the Riu is superb.
The Riu Aruba is a family hotel and many babies and young children stay there. I think smokers should stay at the Antilles which is for adults only. Another suggestion would be that there are designated spaces at the Antilles for smoking guests of both hotels to enjoy, and that way the Aruba, geared for families, is smoke free and thus a healthy environment.
I also think there needs to be some more activities for little kids at Riu Land.
Otherwise, Aruba is just a great place for a vacation and the Riu is my go to happy place. I hope to be back many more times in the future.

Date of stay: March 2019
3  Thank bogoroch

Dear bogoroch,

Thank you for taking the time to share a wonderful review about your memorable experience!

We are glad to read that you had an awesome time during your stay! We appreciate your kind words and compliments towards most of our products and services! Also, we have taken notes of your few suggestions and will share them with our Management team so that they can take them into consideration!