We just returned from a week-long stay at the Riu and were completely impressed with the hotel, the staff, and the food. I was nervous after reading reviews stating the food was bad but I completely disagree. The only meal we found to be mediocre was at the Japanese restaurant. The buffet had different themes each night so there were always lots of new choices. Yes, the buffet restaurant only serves wine with dinner, but there is a bar one floor down and I'm sure no one would mind if you brought a beer or mixed drink with you into dinner.
We booked a jr suite and were given a room on the 5th floor of building A. The first night neither of us slept well due to its proximity to the elevator and we had some loud neighbors. My husband went to the front desk and explained the situation and we were immediately moved to a corner suite on the 10th floor at no additional charge. The room was amazing with a beautiful view and was impeccably cleaned every day. The front desk staff were incredibly nice and helpful. We never had to complain after that and never had to ask twice for something we needed.
My only complaint if I had to find one would be that the pool closes at 7 pm. Although given the hotel's beachfront location, one can swim in the ocean after the pool closes. Also, there are certain nights of the week that the surrounding hotel bars have loud music pretty late which didn't bother us but bring ear plugs if you have to fall asleep before midnight certain nights.
The spa at the hotel isn't fancy, but it's nice, it's clean and I got a great massage. It's a little overpriced, but not compared to most of the other hotel spas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, TravelUp, RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach