We were originally due to go to Mexico but due to the swine flu we were advised not to go by the Foreign Office. When the travel agent tried to find another holiday she said ARUBA - we never had a clue where that was but after quick discussion decided to try it.
Hotel - Excellent - very beautiful grounds, swimming pools, position right on the beach.
Rooms: Excellent, we had two suites next door to each other and had excellent views of the swimming pool and turn to our left and excellent view of the beach and carribean sea.
Staff - Excellent - Nothing too much trouble. Very helpful
Food - Excellent - this is usually something people always find something to moan about but I would say there was something wrong with the people, not the hotel. The choice was the best I have had in an all inclusive hotel. You name it, they probably had it. Actually it made it hard what to chose!! The food was always of a high quality as well.
Restaurants: Grill Restaurant, Japanese Restaurant, Mediteranian, Italian Restaurant who have two sittings 6pm or 9pm We were allowed to book as many times as you like in these restaurants, however, you would need to book between certain times but generally we did not have a problem in getting one we wanted to dine in that evening. As this hotel has lots of guests from the USA, they generally like to dine at 6pm so we believe that is why we found it so easy to get tables at 9pm. These are excellent and beyond expectation as well. You just could not fault any of the food.
Drink: Large choice. Optics in the room. Full size fridge with beer, lemonade, cola and water and whatever you used, was always stocked up again the next day. No limit.
If you were sitting around the pool you did not have to move, a waiter would come and ask if you would like a drink and they would bring it to you.
Champagne was also part of the all inclusive. No limit and no extra cost.
Entertainment: There is a casino in the hotel. In house entertainment varies. Not spectacular but entertaining.
Aruba: Small beautiful island. We spent most of the day by the pool, in the pool or on the beach and can safetly say we found this to be a holiday to chill and relax. Very romantic
Weather: Superb. When I checked long range weather forcast before leaving for the holiday it seemed to be indicating cloudy, rain and sun. Well I realised what it meant. Some days cloud would come across but it was still boiling hot but the clouds actually gave relief from the very hot sun. In the two weeks it never rained. It does get breezy on the beach but again, it cooled you down but beware you will need to start of with a high sun block or you will burn. If you do get burnt buy some of the aloe vera being sold on the beach. It soothes the burns rapidly.
WOULD I GO BACK - YES - ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT ANYTHING - NO
I WILL CERTAINLY RECOMMEND RIU HOTELS
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach