My boyfriend and I (both 24 years old) returned the Riu Aruba for a second time. We had a fantastic trip! The hotel is more than accomodating any needs! We arrived and I asked for a room uupgrade if they had it, and they did. We had to wait an hour, but we had lunch, ect.
Pool/beach- pool is awesome! the hotel was at 90% occupancy and we had no problem getting chairs by the pool at any time. Swim up bar rocks. Bartenders are very nice and will make you whatever you want. There's white sand and blue water that is a liittle murky but who cares.
food- buffet is good but does get tiring. They have 5 restaurants to choose from. Steakhouse is great! There is food 24/7. Room service is quick and good.
Service/staff- EXCELLENT! If you are nice to them, they are nice to you. Simple as that. If you want or need something, just ask... nicely and they will accommodate you.
Rooms- Yes the beds are hard, but have some drinks, fill your belly and you'll pass out on the bed. The rooms are comfortable and big. The maid keep it immaculate.
Cleanliness- So clean and shiny its disgusting.
Nightlife- Aruba isn't exactly a partying hotspot. The hotel has entertainment every night. Shows to keep you busy for a few hours. But comes midnight, unless you are at the casino or the 24 hour sports bar, its pretty quiet. We went on the kukoo kunuku party bus. Awesome time! If you like to drink and have a good time definitely do it!
Finally- we had no thefts in our room, nor heard about any thefts. So ignore the bad reviews and do yourself a favor and experience this hotel. If you are hard to please and expect everything to be perfect, don't go and good luck finding someplace like that. It is not a 5 star hotel like the ritz or anything like that. It is a 5 star for an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel. Hope this review helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, West Indies, RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach